xisto Community
nol

Would You Rather Live Without...

Life  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which would you rather live without? Remember reading/writing also means typing.. Idk what I would pick so I'll decide later! Just answer with a reason please...

I would rather live without hearing or speaking, because you can just use the computer ( i know i am nerdy) text ppl.... im... forums... right things down on paper.. slideshows... etcLike i mean, you could re learn on how to speak again, like if you can read you can take lessons on french, english any lesson, like most people do now even though they have a teacher to talk to them, but you could still learn.. but then again whats the point of relearning. if you cant hear it>? :/

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Ya but long distance phone calls? Computers could sky rocket to higher prices for that, I mean think about the economy too. No phone companys..probably no cable..

I put no writing because i cant stand reading and writing, but Tramposch just reminded me of instant messaging, texting and forums, so I don't know now... I guess it would come down to, would not being able to read and write include programing? or just a real language?

Hey,I can live without hearing and speaking as Everything that we do at this time of age involves typing or writing. I love reading books a lot so If I cannot hear/speak atleast I would have a companion but on the other hand when you have no reading/writing you are not exactly performing well and have a difficulty in doing stuff like shopping or getting a jobAnother reason I chose reading/writing over hearing/speaking is that I can always learn how to speak in sign language and learn how to talk thanks to helen keller's work in life. She thought deaf and dumb children to talk with the help of lip reading. I liked this topic though.Cheers :lol:

reading and writing is definitly what i would do without. this is not because i like to blabber or talk but because i love music and play music. if i couldn't hear i would be devistated. although there was bethoven. :lol:

i would live without reading/writing but not with hearing/speaking because if i can hear/speak i can learn everything(mostly) which is the main goal of life and can make my work typing etc by speaking even post on forums as now computers are geting smarter:-text to speech speech to text,voice recognition ,also i can make other type instead ,so its best to live without reading/writing not without hearing/speaking

This one is simpler for me since I usually don't talk much. If I could, I'd choose reading and writing over hearing and speaking. However, it would totally bum out being able to watch television, I'd be living off of subtitles for the rest of my life. I wouldn't want to lose either.

I only like music, thats the only reason i chose reading/writing, plus reading/writing doesnt appeal to me as much as listening to a song. It just really doesn't, but then again you can't really have the internet then, its really a hard decision, makes you feel bad for those who are deaf, or blind, who cant read because their mentally retarted (not making a joke about that), or cant hear because of something they had no control in.

Hm... it seems we got a lot of quiet people here. I'm one of those quiet people, but I choose to live without reading or writing. I would like to be able to talk to people using my mouth and be able to converse. Although without writing or reading I wouldn't be able to do this now, but I feel it's more important to have the basic senses. I don't know why but it's just my opinion.

i rather live without heraing and speacking. if i cant hear i still can see wats going on a picture is worth a thounsand words and i could learn to read lips. if i cant speack there is still sighns language. plus i dont talk much

No reading or writing means less homework! Plus, I couldn't live without sound. Sound makes the world less boring. I'm really into music and all. Plus, the world would probably progress so much slower. It's easier to communicate via voice then writing everything down lol. I couldn't live without sound or talking....but I could deal without writing, even if it means no typing.

I rather live without writing and reading (more people are like this) than hearing and speaking. There aren't many things good that you have to read. If you can hear, someone else can read it for you, and someone else can write anything for you. So my opinion is without writing and reading