xisto Community
Shortyjtl00

What Software Is Best For Flash?

I've been makeing websites for a good while and I want to start useing flash. What software works best for this? I've looked at some like Adobe but it's really to expensive so if you know cheaper software I would appreciate it?

I've been makeing websites for a good while and I want to start useing flash. What software works best for this? I've looked at some like Adobe but it's really to expensive so if you know cheaper software I would appreciate it?

SWF Quicker is a nice program. It can take .fla and .swf. It's very easy and fun. Well not fun but it's nice. It's a 30-day trail but I only used it for about 5. SWF Quicker Website

I've been looking for free alternatives, but I have yet to find any good ones. I guess no freeware could compare to Flash 8 Professional (that's what I have) or whatever the newest version is now. Why does adobe stuff have to be sooo expensive :D

A free trial of Flash 8 can be found on Macromedia.com by going to their download section. That's 30 to try out Flash, of curse it'll take longer than that to build the site- but I'm sure it'll give you enough time to grow comfortable with the programme, and an idea of whether or not to buy it. :D

Forget about Adobe Flash 8, swishMAX 2007 is the program for you, it creates awesome flash websites, flash animations, and flash actionscripts for that matter.

SwishMAX 2007 has so many features that you do not need adobe flash 8 anymore, you can do pretty much the same thyat you could do with adobe flash 8, except a few things obviously, but it is the best choice if you do not want to use an ilegal copy of the adobe flash 8 or even to buy it.

SwishMAX
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That website and all their softwarer have millions of users and there are tons of websites, forums, newsgroups and newsletters for swishMAX users, you will not have difficulties creating flash websites with professional look and feel.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

it depends to your skils and experience in Adobe (Macromedia)Flash. if you'r begginer in Flash and don't know anything about flash scripts i suggest Swish. but if you have enough experience in flash, you can use Adobe(Macromedia) flash.although there are many flash themplates and ready to use scripts and .fla files for your site. just Google to filnd a lot of files and themplates.

OpenLaszlo is a pretty good alternative, and although it is not specifically aimed at doing Flash development, it has all the capabilities you need. It is completely free and open-source, which is always good, and there are various tutorials and guides to help you get started.

Adobe Flash 8 or the latest Flash CS3 is the best software for developing any flash media for websites or interactive media.the other next alternative is Swish, but it is also paid, but u get a lot of effects in it so u can get ur flash work going on easily than working with Adobe flashthere are numerous other flash aplications that help u to do specific tasks like the Trendy Site Builder that has a huge collection of flash website templates and u just fill the forms and u get ur flash site completed.