xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
etycto

An Instant Messaging Result chat over multiple clients

many people like me have lots of friend and they're all not going to use the same chat client. so, some would download all the diferent clients their friends may have. but this would take lots of disk space :D , there is an easier way. :lol:

i found out about trillian. trillian allows you to chat with mulrtiple clients like, MSN, yahoo,ICQ, AIM, and something called IRC???, the pro version adds more clients. with the regular version you can have regular text messaging, and voice messaging (video pro only) with emotics, and file transfer.

best of all there is a newer version, that is still on alpha testing, tralian astra. the newer version will add lots of new features, support for Gtalk and myspace IM, also, a web base version.

I tried Trillian once, I didn't like it but I don't remember why. I prefer MSN Messenger because of the interface and the features but I also use AIM too. Yahoo I just didn't really care for. Now you don't really need Trillian because the messengers are allowing you to add AIM contacts to MSN or MSN to AIM because it brings more users. I have Yahoo friends on MSN but I still keep AIM and MSN separate because of the different features and it would take some getting used to to just switch to one. :lol: I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't mind the hassle because I'm used to it and soon they will be one anyway.

you can also use meebo. i've heard about trillian, the smiley set of that i use on my tagboard. i've heard meebo will create a desktop application soon. meebo allows you to connect to your favorite client using your username and password. and you can also create a single meebo account and customize it so you can connect to some (if not all) of your accounts in different clients.