xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mattmgill

Fireworks: Iceman Tutorial

Iceman Tutorial

This tutorial will show you how to make this sig in FIREWORKS:

Posted Image

This is the render that was used (I know the ice that he is standing on is cut out but I didnt make this render):

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Canvas 350x150 with 300px per inch:

Firstly, I made a rectangle with an 11 border and a wave fill, this is to add a darker effect to the total image:

Posted Image

Then I used an oil slick brush and scattered it across the canvas, this was Gaussian blurred at 4.1:

Posted Image

I used the oil slick brush again with a lighter colour; this was set at a radial blur of amount 26, quality 20. Also there was a glow of: 6, 65%, 12 and offset of 0:

Posted Image

By cutting out a section of the ice, blurring this is the next part of the sig:

Posted Image

Now, use the render, this will need to be at about 480 wide x 320 high, use an average on the render and change the opacity to 60:

Posted Image

Shrink the render to about 370 wide x 160 high, use a glow of: 4, 65%, 12 offset 0:

Posted Image

Duplicate the render (without the glow) this time use 51 opacity and use the blur tool as much as you want:

Posted Image

Now add some text, I have altered each letter by converting them to paths:

Posted Image

Create a thin border of 346 x 146 and an X 2 and Y2, by changing the layer of the border you can create some different effects from the ice coming out of the sig to Iceman doing the same, just choose what you want:

Posted Image

UPDATE:

I have updated my sig and added the icerain as requested, this is where i got the rain tutorial from: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/37180-how-to-make-cool-rain-effect-photoshop-tut/

I could do anything but use the twirl part. (For the use of the rain effect I duplicated the whole signature and not just the render.)

I hope this all makes sense.

Edited by mattmgill (see edit history)

Very nice, especially coming from fireworks.I would say 8/10Please keep up the good work!