xisto Community
velma

I Need Recipes That Are Easy And Very Quick To Make

Hey,I need recipes that are easy to make and fast. I work from home but am flooded with people all the time so I need to usually take off atleast 1 hour for those jerks :lol: as it goes for cooking and serving and junk.Help if anybody can, I am running out of recipes for my friends and family. Thanks a lot guys.I dont have the time to watch shows and as most of you can cook I will be happy about your recipes But I do not want any spamming here.Thanks

well, i love food in general (who doesn't? oh wait, maybe there are some who hates food or at least cooking it), and i totally love to cook. there are some stuff you can mix up if you have just a small amount of free time in your hands, usually includes sandwiches and some finger foods. you could also just make up some dips for your favorite chips if you are really on the go, but of course you probably want some dishes that could really fill up your stomach.you could serve up some bruschetta. take a bread, most likely a french bread, slice it up and lay it on your sheet pan. warm it up on the oven for just a few minutes, probably just a minute or two. take it out and slice a clove of garlic and rub it on each slice of the bread. now for the topping, you could just go simple with just canned crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce and some cheese on top. anyway, on a pan, put some oil and mince some cloves of garlic (depends on you and how many you're serving. i love garlic so i usually use like two or three) and throw it on the pan to infuse the flavor with the oil. add your tomatoes (crushed or sauce, i'd rather use the crushed for some bite). you could add some herbs for flavor, i don't use them because i don't have herbs at home :D season your sauce with salt and pepper to taste. go easy on the salt because you'll put cheese on the bread later. place a spoonful of sauce on the slices of bread and you could either put a slice of cheese on top of each bread or grate it first then place it on top of the bread, your choice. then put the slices of bread back to the oven and heat it until the cheese melts. yum-oh! :lol:how about some pasta? the simplest pasta i've seen was on guida's show on food network, everyday italian. it's just cooked pasta mixed with garlic-infused olive oil with some chili flakes. just cook your pasta according to package instructions (but i hope you know how to cook pasta al dente). on a pan, low heat, put olive oil depending on how much pasta you're cooking (you don't want your pasta to be too oily) and put three (or more) cloves of crushed garlic. this will infuse the flavor of the garlic on the oil. then when the oil starts to sizzle, you can add chili flakes to spice it up. remove the cloves or you'll end up burning it. mix in the pasta and you're done.you could also mix up some sandwiches from leftover chicken, turkey or duck, or even ham or pork. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to mix up something from your refrigerator. slice up some leftover meat, add some greens, top it off with your favorite relish and condiments. layer it all off on your favorite loaf. you could heat it up if you want and you're done. it's that simple (now i sound like one of those people in home tv shopping). earlier i saw a slice of watermelon in our fridge and got some condensed milk and lathered it up on the watermelon. yum :Pof course i know you want some easy way through this and you don't have time to brainstorm for some random food out of your refrigerator, so yeah i would love to give you more recipes, this time some local recipes, but i hope you have more time on your sleeve because our local dishes takes up some time to cook.

here's another recipe. it's a local dish called adobo. i'm giving this because this is one of the well-known local dishes here in the philippines. it's best served with rice. you have to have at least 30 minutes to an hour for this dish to complete (or probably some more) including preparation time (well you could cook the rice while cooking this dish). there are two variants of adobo, there's chicken adobo and pork adobo. you could also combine chicken and pork to make chicken and pork adobo :lol: in recent times there are also other variations, instead of using pork or chicken, we also use squid (adobong pusit).

you need

1/2 kilo of pork or chicken. pork is cubed about 1 inch, chicken is cut up

1 cup of vinegar, white

1/2 cup of soy sauce

1 teaspoon of salt

1/2 cup of water

2 cloves of garlic, crushed

1 teaspoon of black pepper, usually we use the whole, but i prefer it to be crushed. your choice

2-3 bay leaves

optional ingredients (for added flavor)

1 tablespoon of brown sugar (if you're using white sugar, use less) or you could use

1/2 cup of pineapple juice

1 cup of pineapple tidbits

some use wine for the sauce (well, not really in our country) instead of water, other variations call for coconut milk. the most common style of cooking this dish is by putting all of the ingredients except for meat, salt, pepper and bayleaf on a pot and wait for it to boil then add the meat (if you're going to do the chicken and pork combo, put the pork first because it will could longer then add the chicken), put the lid on and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes. remove the lid and add pineapple tidbits, let the sauce reduce before serving.

another style is by frying the meat first, browning it on sides so as to seal in some of the juices. it makes the meat more tender, in my opinion. you put oil on your pot and brown extra garlic to infuse the flavor, then pan fry the meat. if you're doing the combo, fry the chicken first, then the pork. don't fully cook the meat because you're going to add the liquids and cook it again. put all the meat back on the pan and put all the ingredients except for bayleaf and tidbits. let it simmer and add the bay leaf and tidbits and let the sauce reduce. serve with rice.

enjoy! :D

Here is one I use when I am in a hurry and pressed for time, especially when someone happens to just drop in.

Eggs and Hash

Serving Size : 4

1 can Corned beef hash

4 Eggs

Spread corned beef hash evenly on bottom of 8" skillet. Heat over medium heat until hash starts to bubble. Break eggs evenly over the hash, cover, cook until eggs are done to preference.

Here is one that my family uses for a quick meal as well.

Joe's Special

Serving Size : 4

1 Pound Ground Beef

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

1 Medium Onions -- Chopped

1 1/2 Cloves Garlic -- Chopped/Minced

4 Ounces Mushrooms -- Sliced

Salt

1 Dash Nutmeg

1 Dash Pepper

1 Dash Oregano

1/2 Pkg (10 Oz) * Frozen Chopped Spinach -- Thawed, squeezed dry

3 Eggs -- Slightly beaten

Brown ground beef and olive oil in large skillet. Add eggs, then rest of ingredients. Let cook until done; about 30 mins.

NOTES : * Fresh spinach equals 2 Cups, Chopped.

Hello, I know the problem :lol:

Pain Perdu:

eggs, milk, sliced bread, butter or oil

In a large bowl: 2 or 3 eggs, a cup of milk, bit of salt and pepper, stirr it with a fork

Heat op a frying pas, put some butter in it.

Put the slices of bread in the mixture. (One by one) And fry them both sides.

There you have some lost bread.

Spanish omelet:

Vegetables, eggs, milk, butter

Chop some vegetables like courgette, oignon.

Make a mixture like above with the eggs and milk.

Heat up a frying pan with butter or oil.

Put the vegetables to fry, when fried, add the mixture.

Ones a little bit 'solid', you can turn over everything with a lid. Put the lid on the frying pan, turn it so the ingredients fall on the lid and put it back in the pan to cook the other side.

Quiche:

1 dough all ready

2 leeks, 1 oignon

Again with the same mixture of eggs and milk.

Heat up your oven at 7 for half an hour.

Chop the leeks and oignon, put them in the mixture.

Put the dough in a recipient for oven, add the mixture with the vegetables.

Put in the oven for half an hour, the dough has to be brown.

Pa?lla:

Rice, vegetables like oignon, mushrooms, courgettes...

Cook the rice.

Heat up a frying pan and put inside the vegetables with some salt, pepper and other herbs, as you like.

Fry a bit and add the rice.

You can buy chopped vegetables in sacks (refrigerated), it's not as good as fresh, but still has a lot of vitamines and it's better than buying all-ready-food.

What I also do, is to make a lot of soup, so you have something warm to eat with a sandwich for example for a couple of days.

Enjoy!

wanna try some google recipes stamped with the google seal of approval? :P check out this page for three mouth-watering dishes: Edamame Hummus, Thai Red Curry Dragon Fly Noodles and Dungeness Crab Cakes w/ Black Pepper-Lemon Aioli. :D

if you are into salads, you can likewise try the Green Goddess Dressing

preparation looks easy enough, and is not time-consuming either. perhaps you may want to make substitutes for some ingredients which are not readily available in your kitchen, or you can shop for them in advance. :lol: afterwards, you can brag about that these are samples of what google employees enjoy in their workplace. :D

Hey,Thanks so much for the updates and I have been trying out the recipes and my friends love them. Hope I get some more great recipes from you guys.Thanks a lotVelma.

Fastest Side Dish in the west, and Yummy too!

Boil 2 cups water, add 2 C. Instant Rice, in about a minute, or just before rice is done, stir in 1 can Campbells Nacho Fiesta Cheese soup. If you want, add some Jalapeno's or minced chili's.

Now how's that for easy! :)

Repeat after me: The crockpot is my friend.

Slow cookers are great things because it's as if you cooked all day and stuff doesn't get all dried out because the food bastes itself. You can set it on high and cook it for 4-6 hours or set it on low and let it cook for 8-10 hours. Certain spices like cloves tend to get too strong of a flavor if left in too long, and herbs tend to lose their flavor, so add them about 1-2 hours before your timer says it's done.

Simmer up some frozen meatballs or "homemade" spaghetti sauce in the crockpot and cook up the noodles in a 10 minutes for spaghetti and meatballs. Master_bacarra's adobo recipe can be used in a crockpot as well, and I think adobo always tastes better the next day. Just be sure to put the spices like the bay leaves in later, like the last hour or so of cooking.

Pot Roast that makes its own gravy

This one's great because you can use the roast beef for sandwiches and other things, so I always get a roast that's feeds double the amount of people eating. I usually estimate a 1/2 lb per serving, so if I'm feeding 4 people, I'd get a 3-4 lb chuck roast. You can brown it up on the stove top, but I never do and it still comes out great. Grab a packet of dry onion soup mix and rub that all over your meat. Dump in 2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup or french onion soup. I like the mushrooms, but my hubby is not a fan, so I use french onion soup instead. Pour in 1/2 cup of red wine. Don't worry about serving it to kids, the alcohol cooks out, and it gives a richer flavor. Pour in 1/2 cup of beef stock. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set it and forget it!

This is just a base recipe. I've added potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, and more mushrooms, just add them halfway through the cooking process.

I'll add more later :)

i have another recipe to add. it's baked mussels. you could use clams if your want, i use mussels because it's a lot bigger than clams. anyway, first off you need your shellfish and clean it properly to remove the dirt. you might also want to remove the dead ones from the bunch (they are the ones that don't shut when you tap it), and also remove those that have broken shells. then you remove the body and set aside half of the shells for baking later. i have two toppings for this, one's with tomatoes and/or tomato sauce sauteed with garlic and onions and some herbs. the other one is breadcrumbs with herbs. for the first topping, you need tomato sauce (i like some crushed canned tomato, but i usually use tomatoes and saute them), 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced and a medium onion, minced. on a pan with oil, put the garlic and onions and saute them until the onions turn clear. add the tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper then add herbs if you want. set aside. prepare the shells on a baking sheet and place the shellfish meat on each of the shells. top them with the sauce and top it again with cheese. pop it in the oven 350 for 20-25 minutes.the breadcrumb topping is usually for clams. to make it, you need store-bought breadcrumbs or you could make it yourself (bake the bread in the oven to dry it and then pop it in the food processor to grind it). add a squeeze of half a lemon, minced garlic, chopped parsley. you could also add cheese if you want. place the topping on top of the shells and drizzle olive oil on top of the crumbs to help it attach on the shells. bake until golden brown (GB).enjoy :)

here's another recipe. it's a local dish called adobo. i'm giving this because this is one of the well-known local dishes here in the philippines. it's best served with rice. you have to have at least 30 minutes to an hour for this dish to complete (or probably some more) including preparation time (well you could cook the rice while cooking this dish). there are two variants of adobo, there's chicken adobo and pork adobo. you could also combine chicken and pork to make chicken and pork adobo :P in recent times there are also other variations, instead of using pork or chicken, we also use squid (adobong pusit).

you need

1/2 kilo of pork or chicken. pork is cubed about 1 inch, chicken is cut up

1 cup of vinegar, white

1/2 cup of soy sauce

1 teaspoon of salt

1/2 cup of water

2 cloves of garlic, crushed

1 teaspoon of black pepper, usually we use the whole, but i prefer it to be crushed. your choice

2-3 bay leaves

optional ingredients (for added flavor)

1 tablespoon of brown sugar (if you're using white sugar, use less) or you could use

1/2 cup of pineapple juice

1 cup of pineapple tidbits

some use wine for the sauce (well, not really in our country) instead of water, other variations call for coconut milk. the most common style of cooking this dish is by putting all of the ingredients except for meat, salt, pepper and bayleaf on a pot and wait for it to boil then add the meat (if you're going to do the chicken and pork combo, put the pork first because it will could longer then add the chicken), put the lid on and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes. remove the lid and add pineapple tidbits, let the sauce reduce before serving.

another style is by frying the meat first, browning it on sides so as to seal in some of the juices. it makes the meat more tender, in my opinion. you put oil on your pot and brown extra garlic to infuse the flavor, then pan fry the meat. if you're doing the combo, fry the chicken first, then the pork. don't fully cook the meat because you're going to add the liquids and cook it again. put all the meat back on the pan and put all the ingredients except for bayleaf and tidbits. let it simmer and add the bay leaf and tidbits and let the sauce reduce. serve with rice.

enjoy! :P

Sounds like a dish my Grandmother showed me how to make. Real easy and fast to make.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Phillipino Chicken

5-10 chicken pieces skin removed

1 small onion chopped

1 lemon (or lime or realemon juice)

1/2 cup vinegar

1/2 cup soya sauce

pinch of pepper to taste

throw it all in a pot with lid and simmer on low on the stove top for 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of the cicken pieces

(I like to cut breasts in half and if I have time I stick a fork in the meat to allow penetration of the sauce)

when this is cooking the smell will make you drool

serve with rice and vegetables or salad and you can spoon the juice over the rice MMMMM good

i understand that you don't have time to watch tv, and such. check out the following sites for killer recipes:

rachel ray
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/?q=yum-o/recipes-archive or
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/

tyra banks
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or go to:
http://telepicturestv.com/ and type in "recipes" in the search box

there is also a directory site called: bestcookingsites.com
http://www.bestcookingsites.com/recipes.html

hope this helps a bunch!

sincerely,
shah boogie

@jamers :- I made the chicken dish with mushrooms instead of chicken (friends were veg). Shavary, Thanks for the links. I will definitely look at them closer the next time. I found them a nice source for good food Thanks a bunch guys :XD:

Alright, if you want something quick and easy go for Easy Mac, who doesn't love that stuff? I also like Pizza Roles and Hot Pockets. The recipe for Pizza Roles and Hot Pockets are the simplest, all you must do is get them out and put them in a microwave or oven (microwave for shorter time, oven for longer, I personally think the oven make them taste better).

Try this which is my favorite

Okra Fry

250 gms okra

Salt to taste

1 tsp chilli powder

1/2 tsp asafoetida powder

2 dsp gram flour

250 gms refined vegetable oil

Method

Slit okra into thin pieces lengthwise. Marinate with salt, chilli powder and asafoetida powder for five minutes. Sprinkle gram flour and toss. Deep fry in hot oil.

Serve hot.

Edited by host007 (see edit history)