xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nol

Want To Be A Part Of A Good Txt-rpg? want to be part of a good txt rpg staff?

That's right! We need 5 beta testers for our game. Of course we have our enrit server, but we are working so that you come for the server, but when its down, you stay for the fun in our games. Currently we have the riddle, but that is still under going. We need something else that will attract people here! But what...? PROJECT BLACK for you loyal members that knew me since forum builderz, or istudios, or even way back in runefanz when I was just starting out, you may have heard about project black. This project was aborted due to some story board problems, and well money! BUT WE ARE BACK! Thats right..We are back with project black. We are starting fresh and new.

Anyways, 5 beta testers will be chosen to be all powerful and nooby. They will test every aspect of the game, until their heads go rotting. Now I am not promising when the release of this game will be, but there will be another beta sometime in the summer, yes I know, a long long time away, and expecially for something so "easy". You got to understand though, that we are on a time basis where we cant code 24/7, and even then when we are on, we don't want to be coding our guts out. This update however is going to be AHHH-MAAZING.

If none of you know what a text RPG is, well, its just that. A text rpg is a rpg that doesn't use 3-d graphics, or a complicated java script system, but instead, it uses TEXT, so lets say that you are going to play, and you register. Pretty easy, then when you log on, you will go to a custom page for your character, where you will walk him through life. Doing deeds, and etc, on a daily basis, gaining levels, making crafts, killing enemys, and going to jail!

Now that seems pretty boring at that, plus the fact where it seems you can do just about everything, in 1 day! WRONG. So wrong. The system will run on a cron job, if you don't know what a cron job is, basically its a thing that does timers. So like everyone hour, some of your stats get healed, or raised. So like your energy, your energy will be used for combat, everytime you attack, you lose energy, and everytime you gain a level, you'll have more energy. Now, what happens when you run out of energy? EASY, just wait a hour or too, and you'll get some energy points back.

Seems simple enough right? well this system will keep you comming back! Updates will be added to it monthly, and there will be new forums opening up with the release of project black, of course project black won't be called project black, but instead it will be called something else.

Now to the part where we need staff, we need tons of staff for this project. If you have any experience with coding txt rpgs, we need you, if your willing to do some simple graphics for the rpg, we need you, and if your willing to advertise, we need you.

Depending on how many people are willing to sign up, will depend on how many people are going to beta test. But 5 minimal, 15 maximum. So please sign up on this thread, and if you've already signed up for a graphics, coder, and other position for project black on moparscape, you are automatically in the beta. To sign up, post on this thread using the following layout:

[b]Name:[/b][b]Job (gfx, coder, tester, story board):[/b][b]Reason you should be picked:[/b][b]Your age:[/b]

Here are the current, and needed staff positions:

Coding

Tramposch

Nate

Robocz033

Chad

Graphics

Chad

Robocz033

Vondominion

Story board/Plot

m4g1c

Free Spot

Free Spot

Coding:

Basically they do just that, they help code the game.

Graphics:

They help build the game, making graphics to give the game that much more unicity to it.

Story line/Plot

They help to quicken the process of what the game is going to be about!

Please tell me what you guys think! If you want to join just post here, pm me, or email me!

Edited by nol (see edit history)

hmm, well depending on the language you need, i might be able to help, but most likely if tramp is doin it. so count me in! ill do coding, maybe graphics and i could prolly do story board/plot also, but/we. oh yea, im not gonna be able to do ur login thing tonight, prolly tm tho.