xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosaline

Installing Easymod

Hello!

I have successfully installed a phpbb2 forum on my site... (HORRAY)... but now I am trying to install EasyMod for it, but it is not working correctly. Has anyone had success with this? If so, can you give me step-by-step instructions, maybe I am doing something wrong?

I fill out everything, including login information to my ftp, and get this message:

Testing FTP access...1) Logged in successfully

FTP ERROR: could not cd to public_html/forum/phpbb2
You successfully logged into the server, but could not change direcory (CD) to the easymod directory. The following is recommended:

1. Are you sure you entered the correct path? Below is a directory listing of the files in the FTP root directory. The FTP root directory is simply the starting point when you connect. The path to the phpBB2 installation should begin with one of the directory names listed below.
2. Directory names are case sensitive. Be sure the easymod directory is all lowercase.
3. In some *very rare* cases it's possible that you are not connecting to the proper FTP Server. Try specifying the hostname in the FTP Server field and the port in the FTP Port field.
4. Some servers have issues with the passive mode that EasyMOD attempts to use by default. If you have the PHP FTP extension loaded, then enable that option in step 1.

Notice from serverph:
added quote tags as needed. please use appropriate bbcode tags as required in your posts.

I use to use phpbb on my site but I just had to many hassles with it. The easymod isn't so easy and rarely works for it. I've only successfully installed EasyMod once before and it did no good, I can't remember what I did but I think I got the same error as you. If I can remmeber I'll be sure to let you know.

Now after all this, I would seriously suggest you to use MyBB as .nol correctly said, you're gonna love that one even more than phpBB and it's so easy to install and customize! It already has loads of pre-made skins and mods to choose from too.

You better check it out: https://mybb.com/

I have had EasyMod working correctly and it usually works quite well for installing mods on phpBB. Even if you have to spend a short time resolving conflicts in the install files from previous mods, its quicker than opening each file and doing it manually yourself. The most likely problem you have here is getting the path to the directory wrong. Your path should begin with public_html if you are hosting the forum at Xisto. Check the path and make sure it is correct.