xisto Community
Acidify

Saddam Was Innocent

Saddam Poll  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion Saddam was innocent. Our government used propaganda and influenced our nation that Saddam was a threat to us and some people still believed he was such a evil person. There were no WMD found. Even our President said live at the White House that it was a shock to him that Saddam had NO WMD. No evidence was found that proved he was funding any terrorist organization. The U.N said that the evidence that President Bush presented was crap after crap. President Bush was caught many times in lies when presenting different evidence. Saddam never kicked the U.N out of his country. Saddam invited them in to search every crate, box, and hole. The U.N found not a tinsy winsy bit of WMD.

Next thing you know, we all of a suddenly care about the people of Iraq and want to give them democracy. OMG, Saddam wasnt even amongst the most cruel dictators. Go to Africa and give some of those small unresourceful countries democracy! But our government said No, We need oil.....not gold! So we say Saddam is killing all those people over there and making children run through mine fields. So we take our jets and bomb more women and children then Saddam massacred during his whole regime. Then we overthrow Saddam and setup little prisons where our so called brave troops rape and kill Iraqis. Some gentlemen huh? Wow! I said something bad about the troops. Go ahead and get mad and flame me. Then think about what have you done for the troops? Half of the people in this community have not even took the time to send a letter! One of the most cheapest things you can do! But you sit behind your military and complain about gas prices. Wow, youre such a great American who are dedicated to the troops...NOT!

So now Saddam is captured and then murdered. So now a bunch of christians that lived in Iraq decide to come forward and tell their story on how Saddam protected them against Shittes. Wow, such a convinent time to place that on the new Fox and CNN! Now we are over there and see the position that Saddam was in. The Shittes are over there murdering Sunnis and trying to kill *BLEEP* Cheney at the secured Army Base in Iraq. We do the Shittes a favor and now they stab us the in back. Then we have the idiotic *BLEEP* Cheney on fleets threatening Iran. Mr.Cheney you must want our whole military destoryed! You better believe that the British wont get involved, but we will break out necks for them....and they still hate us. Now our citizens are scared and want to pull out. So who do we wanna point the finger on? We will blame Bush, wont we? I dont only blame Bush...I blame every Senator that voted for this war and Hiliary dont deserve to be elected President. She is just a old hag and Bills rag doll. No I am not sexist. I would love for a woman to be President, but not someone who acts like a robot and avoid questions. She has no sense of humor and she puts me to sleep when she talks about issues. Lie after Lies after Lie. RIP Saddam and enjoy the fall of the American Empire.

Edited by Acidify (see edit history)

First off, i will tell you my feelings. Saddam was completely guilty of war crimes, should have been genocide too, and Iraq is 10 billion times better without him. And i do think he had WMDs hidden in one of his training camps that we still havent found. Now with that aside, i will explain why you are so wrong.

In my opinion Saddam was innocent. Our government used propaganda and influenced our nation that Saddam was a threat to us and some people still believed he was such a evil person. There were no WMD found. Even our President said live at the White House that it was a shock to him that Saddam had NO WMD. No evidence was found that proved he was funding any terrorist organization. The U.N said that the evidence that President Bush presented was crap after crap. President Bush was caught many times in lies when presenting different evidence. Saddam never kicked the U.N out of his country. Saddam invited them in to search every crate, box, and hole. The U.N found not a tinsy winsy bit of WMD.

Well, lets see here, is propaganda suicide bombers blowing up buildings???? is propaganda hundreds of people dying because 3% of the muslim population are extremeists? is propaganda dead American, British, French and other country's soldier's lives? i dont think so. so why dont you do a bit mre research before you say he was innocent. hmm, no WMDs found, wonder why...wait, maybe its because they are HIDDEN!!!! do you honestly think they are going to be in obvious places, the only reason we searched where we did is because those were the only places we could search. The U.N. is not always right. are you always right, no, i know you are not because Saddam is not innocent. Saddam restriced certain areas and invited them to search where he knew they would not find a trace of anything wrong. There were multiple places where U.N. inspectors did not have access to because saddam knew they would find evidence of some crime or WMD. Think if you were hiding WMDs, would u really put them in commonly used places, or would you hide them in building nobody except extremeists have any idea where they are?

Next thing you know, we all of a suddenly care about the people of Iraq and want to give them democracy. OMG, Saddam wasnt even amongst the most cruel dictators. Go to Africa and give some of those small unresourceful countries democracy! But our government said No, We need oil.....not gold! So we say Saddam is killing all those people over there and making children run through mine fields. So we take our jets and bomb more women and children then Saddam massacred during his whole regime. Then we overthrow Saddam and setup little prisons where our so called brave troops rape and kill Iraqis. Some gentlemen huh? Wow! I said something bad about the troops. Go ahead and get mad and flame me. Then think about what have you done for the troops? Half of the people in this community have not even took the time to send a letter! One of the most cheapest things you can do! But you sit behind your military and complain about gas prices. Wow, youre such a great American who are dedicated to the troops...NOT!

Havent you ever noticed that we want to give the whole damn world democracy? so what if Saddam isnt among the most cruel dictators, he was a friggen terrorist! yes, i know Africa has its problems with the foreign aid money we send them because their governments steal it all, but how is that affecting us, terrorists are affecting us, they are killing our soldiers because they think they will get 69 virgins when they die! As for your comment says no, we need oil.....not gold, that is completely true, we need oil more than we need gold. gold is only going to go to the jewlery business, not to our treasurys. do you know how often oil is used, every day by millions of people world wide. and for the little prisons, the cases you hear about are 1 in a million. the only reason the media covers that is to have a story. i have helped the troops, i help assemble care packages, i have sent letters, and something even as simple as a bumper sticker is still supporting troops. we have the right to complain about gas prices because thats completely unrelated to the war. its because the government taxes the oil companies so they can not further expand refineries (thats because its illegal to do so) and they cant find more places closer to home to drill. I bet you are a great American dedicated to the troops *cough*bs*cough*. you whole argument is bs. you have no supporting evidence! get some and then present your case.

So now Saddam is captured and then murdered. So now a bunch of christians that lived in Iraq decide to come forward and tell their story on how Saddam protected them against Shittes. Wow, such a convinent time to place that on the new Fox and CNN! Now we are over there and see the position that Saddam was in. The Shittes are over there murdering Sunnis and trying to kill *BLEEP* Cheney at the secured Army Base in Iraq. We do the Shittes a favor and now they stab us the in back. Then we have the idiotic *BLEEP* Cheney on fleets threatening Iran. Mr.Cheney you must want our whole military destoryed! You better believe that the British wont get involved, but we will break out necks for them....and they still hate us. Now our citizens are scared and want to pull out. So who do we wanna point the finger on? We will blame Bush, wont we? I dont only blame Bush...I blame every Senator that voted for this war and Hiliary dont deserve to be elected President. She is just a old hag and Bills rag doll. No I am not sexist. I would love for a woman to be President, but not someone who acts like a robot and avoid questions. She has no sense of humor and she puts me to sleep when she talks about issues. Lie after Lies after Lie. RIP Saddam and enjoy the fall of the American Empire.

I dont recall Saddam being murdered, he was, however, hanged. (yes, hanged is the right word, and hanging is the death penalty in Iraq). I am not even going to say something about your first 5 sentences. but as for Mr. Cheney threatening them, that is not going to get our whole military destroyed, do you know how hard that would be. lets put it in simple terms, the US has the #1 military in the world, how is a band of extremists going to affect that. #1 vs. extremists...hmm...who will win....also, Britain does not hate us at all, why would they? just because we attacked Iraq? or because we threatend them? well, let me tell you, the British also attacked Iraq, and im pretty sure they dont have a problem with us correcting Iraq, although it may be hard for you to grasp, they do not hate us!
This whole topic is how you detest war, not about Saddam. You may not blame Bush completely, but the Senetors are not completely to blame either. The senetors also allowed us to go into many previous wars, do you blame them for that, do you blame them for any other bill they pass. this one war has turned up so much controversy whether it is right or wrong, well lets see, i would have to say it has the lowest death toll out of any other war we have been in. And why are you talking about Hilary? and as for your comment about you not being sexist, you might be, you might not be, but i doubt you want a woman to be president, and if you do, your going want her to be someone you would date, not the best person for the job, thats how it is. you want some you would date, not someone best for the job. who cares if she is not funny and if she puts you to sleep when she talks about "issues" thats just you, not everybody else. i mean, i am not for Hilary, but i am sure as hell not against her.

As for your last comment

RIP Saddam and enjoy the fall of the American Empire

, wow, you should be ashamed. you are supporting terrosrism and pretty much treason. i hope you die a lonely, slow, agonizing death, because you, sir, do not deserve to talk, live, breathe, or even think. you are the worst, i would trust a terrorist over you, and to that is bid you good day.

Well, lets see here, is propaganda suicide bombers blowing up buildings???? is propaganda hundreds of people dying because 3% of the muslim population are extremeists? is propaganda dead American, British, French and other country's soldier's lives? i dont think so. so why dont you do a bit mre research before you say he was innocent. hmm, no WMDs found, wonder why...wait, maybe its because they are HIDDEN!!!! do you honestly think they are going to be in obvious places, the only reason we searched where we did is because those were the only places we could search. The U.N. is not always right. are you always right, no, i know you are not because Saddam is not innocent. Saddam restriced certain areas and invited them to search where he knew they would not find a trace of anything wrong. There were multiple places where U.N. inspectors did not have access to because saddam knew they would find evidence of some crime or WMD. Think if you were hiding WMDs, would u really put them in commonly used places, or would you hide them in building nobody except extremeists have any idea where they are?

Actually propaganda influenced us to bomb thousands of Iraqi woman and children leaving over 45,000 Iraqis dead after the American invasion. If they WMD were so hidden, why how they still not found any! No area is restricted anymore and even our own government has said that it was a mistake when they said Saddam had WMD. They said he had infact got disposed them back in 1991 and abandoned the program. We been over there for years and not 1 bit of evidence has yet to be found. The U.N was never wrong, America was. The U.N oppose war on Iraq, then our Congress approved it. We call ourselves wanting to give Iraq democracy but yet Saddam didnt even have a fair trial. What happened to innosent untill proven guilty? Apparently no evidence was found linking him to terrorist or WMD. It was based on a big lie and still is.

Havent you ever noticed that we want to give the whole damn world democracy? so what if Saddam isnt among the most cruel dictators, he was a friggen terrorist! yes, i know Africa has its problems with the foreign aid money we send them because their governments steal it all, but how is that affecting us, terrorists are affecting us, they are killing our soldiers because they think they will get 69 virgins when they die! As for your comment says no, we need oil.....not gold, that is completely true, we need oil more than we need gold. gold is only going to go to the jewlery business, not to our treasurys. do you know how often oil is used, every day by millions of people world wide. and for the little prisons, the cases you hear about are 1 in a million. the only reason the media covers that is to have a story. i have helped the troops, i help assemble care packages, i have sent letters, and something even as simple as a bumper sticker is still supporting troops. we have the right to complain about gas prices because thats completely unrelated to the war. its because the government taxes the oil companies so they can not further expand refineries (thats because its illegal to do so) and they cant find more places closer to home to drill. I bet you are a great American dedicated to the troops *cough*bs*cough*. you whole argument is bs. you have no supporting evidence! get some and then present your case.

First, it was never proven that Saddam was a terrorist whatsoever. You say we want to give the whole world democracy and then you go back and say that we dont give African countries democracy because they are not affecting us? Then you go right into it and say that African has no oil, so we dont wanna invade. That support exactly what I said. America doesnt give a *BLEEP* about the Iraqians and how many are being killed. Them there to stop terrorism is just a big lie. Even if Iraq did have WMD, they dont even have the technology to launch one far enough to even come close to hitting the United States. For the prison case.....this isnt 1 in a million. There have been many reports that Iraqians and Iranians have been tortured in the American Prisons. Complaining about gas prices is related to the war. Gas priced plunged when the war started and most Americans blame the war for the high gas prices. So how can you say its not related to the war.

I dont recall Saddam being murdered, he was, however, hanged. (yes, hanged is the right word, and hanging is the death penalty in Iraq). I am not even going to say something about your first 5 sentences. but as for Mr. Cheney threatening them, that is not going to get our whole military destroyed, do you know how hard that would be. lets put it in simple terms, the US has the #1 military in the world, how is a band of extremists going to affect that. #1 vs. extremists...hmm...who will win....also, Britain does not hate us at all, why would they? just because we attacked Iraq? or because we threatend them? well, let me tell you, the British also attacked Iraq, and im pretty sure they dont have a problem with us correcting Iraq, although it may be hard for you to grasp, they do not hate us!
This whole topic is how you detest war, not about Saddam. You may not blame Bush completely, but the Senetors are not completely to blame either. The senetors also allowed us to go into many previous wars, do you blame them for that, do you blame them for any other bill they pass. this one war has turned up so much controversy whether it is right or wrong, well lets see, i would have to say it has the lowest death toll out of any other war we have been in. And why are you talking about Hilary? and as for your comment about you not being sexist, you might be, you might not be, but i doubt you want a woman to be president, and if you do, your going want her to be someone you would date, not the best person for the job, thats how it is. you want some you would date, not someone best for the job. who cares if she is not funny and if she puts you to sleep when she talks about "issues" thats just you, not everybody else. i mean, i am not for Hilary, but i am sure as hell not against her.

So why were the Shittes that Saddam killed murdered? Why cant that be seen as giving them a death penalty? Propaganda is such a powerful brainwashing tool isnt it? Lets not forget that if you look over in Iraq now that the Shittes are killing off the sunnis and committing acts of terror. These are the same people who Saddam executed. Mr.Cheney threatening them states that he has no skills in foriegn relation. You dont threaten people like that. Also robocz033 the United States has the most powerful military in the world but not our ecomony is crap. You cant maintain a powerful military without a strong ecomomy to back it up. We continue to give our money to China for their cheaply made accessories and now we decide to notice that China have over 1 Trillion in foreign dollars that they have not decided what to do with. Well, its 2 words.....Technology/Military. In about 20-30 years China will have the most powerful military and I will be happy because there are too many cocky Americans who think that its imposeable to be wrong and show other countries respect and courtesy. No I dont want Hiliary as President. You dont have to act like you dont have a socil life to be President. You dont have to act like some robot that tells the Americans whatever we wanna hear. I dont wanna see that kinda politician ever. Also when I said sense of humor, it was an example of what I would expect from a everyday person.

wow, you should be ashamed. you are supporting terrorism and pretty much treason. i hope you die a lonely, slow, agonizing death, because you, sir, do not deserve to talk, live, breathe, or even think. you are the worst, i would trust a terrorist over you, and to that is bid you good day.

The American Government should be ashamed for brainwashing our citizen to believe that we are so holy and rightous. Our government is dirty as it gets. Most Americans are cowards no matter what anyone says. We are overprivileged and care about no one else other then ourselves.

Saddam was never realy a threat to the US but he was not innocent. Come one , that guy was a dictator who used genocide to consolidate his power. But that was it. He never had WMDs. That was definitely a propaganda. And he surely had no relation to 9/11. That US has not found any WMD for these many years enough to show that there were no wmd in the first place. But US attacking IRAQ never really led to democracy did it. THere is only anarchy there. It would take a lot of time to settle. Democracy to Iraq could have been brought in a peaceful way. But that is not the real topic of discussion here, right? No , Saddam ws no innocent.

In my opinion Saddam was not innocent :lol: . how can you think that he was never innocent ur thinking was totaly wrong .

You can't tell somebody their thinking was totally wrong, unless its some exact answer like in math or something, and even then there is tons of exceptions. So no his thinking wasn't wrong, its just his opinion.

Anyways I think he is not innocent, no way he could be! Theres no reason for killing tons of women and children, but still, he didn't deserve what he got. Expecially the only exception to hanging in a long time? He never deserved that, and he never deserved his video all of msn. But he did deserve to be locked away forever in prison, I agree this war is very stupid and childish, but this has lasted for TOO long! I can remember when it started, but it was so long ago it was hard to remember.

If you ask me the US should just let things happen in other countrys, and stop making us involved with every little thing and turn it into something that lasts more then 5 years! Originally it should have only been like go in, and out, and we are done..now its just getting old, and its pointless, if their not going to change now, they never will! The only thing that makes me say I want them to stay in iraq, is the fact that its already been so long, and if we leave now, all those people that died, and all that time lost will be our fault for leaving and not sticking with our original plan!

acidify is a complete idiot! WMDs are hidden in the training camps (most likely) that still havent been found. the only reason we know of the training camps is that they are training little boys to go kill westerners cuz they think we are evil. do you think that is the think of an innocent man?!?! if i was by u, i would punch u repeatedly! you dont get that he is training... little boys... to kill westerners. can you not grasp that concept? jesus christ man! wow.

Wow! I'm not sure how much longer this thread will last with all the name-calling and threats of physical violence getting thrown about! Mellow out guys, it's just one person's opinion and he does makes some points worth considering without getting all personal and stuff. In my opinion, if Saddam was guilty, then Janet Reno should be hanged for a similar crime. Funny how no one's willing to prosecute her though... But, let's face it, most of the world's leaders are probably guilty of something similar and they'll mostly get away with all the blood-letting as long as they worship the world elite; their masters. Saddam was ultimately hanged because he stopped worshiping. Remember, he was put in power by the U.S.'s CIA some decades ago, but the power was more then he could handle and he finally decided he was invincible and could disregard orders given to him by the U.S. That was his fatal mistake. Now, lets stop being so personal, clean up the language, focus on the facts, and try and have a clean, healthy debate. Alright?

i completely agree with you. there are a multitude of leaders that need to be charged for crimes, escpecially ones similar to Saddam Hussein. but i dont agree with the fact that you would consider saddam hussein to be innocent, even for a second, based on his argument.

Innocent? Maybe he didn't have any nuclear weapons, but he killed thousands of his own people, and tortured thousands of others. There is proof that he has done that, so in no way is he innocent

At first i thought Saddam was guilty, but in the news recently there has been alot of problems caused by the Shia muslims, which by the way are the same people who executed Saddam.Saddam, however, is not entirely innocent, he killed innocent people but it would seem hes more innocent than other people in Iraq.There were and still are more people in Iraq today more worthy of the Death Penalty than Saddam.The way it went down with Saddam in Iraq though was terrible, first of all, sentencing him to death leaves him little room to change, secondly, the way the Shia muslims were tormenting him at his hanging. I don't believe he had any WMD though, i think he was just interested in dominating Iraq, not the world.

Saddam, however, is not entirely innocent, he killed innocent people but it would seem hes more innocent than other people in Iraq.

Even if he was more innocent than other people in Iraq, even if he killed one person, his deserved to be executed. A life for a life, seems fair to me. I think Suddam was guilty. No matter what the media brainwashes us with, I still have my own opinions.

Saddam Hussein was guilty of many things, and I'm sure people will compare him to Hitler, bla, bla bla.

But I doubt that he had any WMD when the UN inspectors came. Ok, so their search was limited. Even so:

1) They were not allowed to finish their search before the US started their little exploit

2) The US now has considerably more control over the area and still hasn't found anything

Wouldn't it have been hilarious (for those not involved) if the US bombings had found the WMD?

Saddam being insane is, however, not an excuse for the US to move in and start destroying things. Things like this have been seen before, and the only thing that can solve them is time.

Try looking at it this way: A lot of people say that all the "evil" and "terrorist" activity stems from the Islamic religion. Maybe, maybe not. I don't think so. (The Koran contradicts what people are doing, much the same way the Bible contradicts what Bush said America was to do "in the name of God". )

But let's assume that the cause lies in the culture and social structure, which of course takes a lot from the religion. Now, you may or may not know that the Islamic religion is about 670 years younger than Christianity, which means that the religion's development is ~700 years behind that of Christianity (or, in my opinion, Christinsanity). And what happened 700-800 years ago? The crusades had just ended. So shall we say that Islam is in its teens? :lol:

I'm not saying that what they are doing is "right", the in the same sense I don't agree with the crusades, but I definitely don't think it's a good reason for the US to be over- reacting the way it recently has been. (Yeh, they knocked down them towers - and in response, the US invaded multiple countries.

However, using the same reasoning of the development of society, you can say that the US, at 200, is an infant and therefore not responsible for it's actions. Ok, so that's B$.

And then there's the issue of why the US chose to invade. It was allegedly a combination of several statements, their order of importance on any given day depending on the date (even, odd, prime, etc) the value of the USD, the price at which other countries are willing to part with their oil as well as the minute fluctuations in the stock market of Uzbekistan (more B$). Among others, there was:

- The poor folks don't have the glorious benefits of: Democracy (*timely breeze*)

- Islam is a threat to civilised American society

- Iraq is the home of evil terrorists

- We are bored with things, we want something to invade

- There's SHI*TLOADS of cheap oil there

All these things can be solved without invading anything, blowing people to bits or causing any destruction.

- Democracy is not the only form of government that has worked over the years. And it clearly isn't working in the US.

- 1) Is that surprising? Look at all the sh*t they have taken from the US over the years? 2) Most of Muslims follow the pacifistic teachings of the Koran.

- See above

-

- Wouldn't be a problem if you didn't use so damn much of it.

Now, the only thing there is apparently no solution to is the simple desire to own, conquer and whatever else they really wanted. My personal belief is that they want something to support, and an army is quite convenient. If you go back to the "young human" analogy, it would be a stage of insecurity, when the child has to establish a higher self-esteem by lowering others (eg. bullying). Quite... low... don't you think?

People insult others for not supporting the troops in Iraq. Now that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. How is it possible to be so close-minded as to not realise that somebody who never wanted them there in the first place will never support them, especially when they make such a giant co*k-up of it as they have now.

*gasp*, how unpatriotic of me, I'm not respectful of the people who have given their lives for the freedom of the Iraqi population. Every single soldier who went into Iraq knew that there was a chance of death. Hello? It's a war! People die in war! Supporters should perhaps have realised this before the whole thing started, no?

But to cap it all:

"Saddam was innocent!" What are you going to do about it? He is dead, dammit!

Ok, I'm getting bored. Will enjoy reading any responses from angry mutants whose opinions differ from my own.

Even if he was more innocent than other people in Iraq, even if he killed one person, his deserved to be executed. A life for a life, seems fair to me. I think Suddam was guilty. No matter what the media brainwashes us with, I still have my own opinions.

Carson....Americans are killing the same people that Saddam was killing, the Shia Muslims. The same people who wanted Saddam overthrown are commiting sucide bombing and trying to kick the United States out. Also our President and Senators ordered our military to kill 1000's of innocent women and children when they ordered airstrike on Iraq. So should every Senator that voted for war on Iraq be hung?

First, can we agree that the "war" is an infamous fiasco?Good. Now, on with the discussion:Saddam, as I have heard it put, was "a thorn in our side." He was pretty assuredly a dog with much more bark than bite. Was he innocent? Of what? Of having nuclear weapons? Of course. Of being a general pain and a tyrant? Not at all. I answered No because I feel that his terrible rule leaves him without much in the way of good.I still do not agree with the war. It was hasty, it was ill-thought-out, it was in no way connected to 9/11, it had no real semblance of a threat and has since worsened our reputation, it has left us in the middle of a dangerous civil war, AND we still say that is was performed in the name of democracy? How much more arrogant can we be, to depose, at our will, those who we cannot otherwise manage?The trial was rather bogged down as well. Saddam knew, once he was caught, that he would not be free and would likely receive the death penalty. It is for the better that he is gone, but something my dad told me still makes me question that last judgment. According to my dad, if we had left Saddam in power, he might have been able to keep Iran in check. However, from what I now assume, had Iraq been under Saddam just a few years longer, Iran AND Iraq may have banded together in double condemnation of the United States.Our duty now is to repair what we have broken in Iraq and to return to finding Osama bin Laden (if that could ever happen). We need to ensure that both of these reasons will not be subject to violence, make sure our troops get home, and fix America's image within America and throughout the world. Basically, I want Bush gone, in case that simplifies things. The whole war feels like some shoddy ploy for revenge that the senior Bush couldn't exact during the first Gulf War.