xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosaline

Installing Phpbb Forum On My Site?

Hello!I was just wondering how I go about installing the phpbb forum on my site. I assume I go somewhere from the CPanel? I think someone told me that the CPanel has something that installs it for me automatically.Thank you!

Hey Rosaline and welcome to the forums :lol: As Albus said in the Shoutbox, Fantastico is currently down so you can't install it through CPanel at the moment. I can however direct you to where to download PhpBB from and some instructions to install it. I will just find it now :D This is the link to download PhpBB to your computer. phpbb.net

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Thank you very much! I would appreciate that a ton.Also... is it likely that fantastico will be up again soon? And is going at it that way simpler, so would it be wisest if I wait?Thanks again!!

Hmmm, I'm not too sure when Fantastico will be up and running, but it probably would be simplier to wait for it to be put back online. It doesn't really matter if you wait or not, you could try it this way to get some FTP experience. Do you know if you have a FTP program on your computer? If you don't you need one to upload the PhpBB files, I would reccomend SmartFTP, it's free and I use it. You could google it for more information. After you have that, there is a guide on their website on how to upload files. You just need to use your settings you recieved in your welcoming email/PM from Xisto to connect to Xisto and then follow the instructions in that guide to upload the files.

After that you can follow this guide: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/
Off of the PhpBB website which will help you get on your way.

There's no harm trying to install it this way, as you can just delete it if something goes wrong and start again (just make sure you havn't made any posts/topics/settings on your board you want to keep.

Feel free to post if you need some more help :lol:

Crazymind21, installed a phpbb forum just yesterday, he has even posted some screenshots on his topic! [http://forums.xisto.com/topic/48343-getting-my-forum-online/]

The thing, uploading everything and CHMOD-ing (if needed) is pretty easy and following the tutorial will get you there easily.

But many people make some silly mistakes with the database and his screenshots, follow them and then there is no chance of a single silly mistake like the underscores and stuff.

If you are still stuck somewhere, post it here. Almost everyone on this community is phpBB literate. :lol: