xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Carson

Fastest Way To Import Backup Db [resolved]

I have exported mysql database file which is over 100mb and wants to import back. I've tried BIG DUMP and it takes forever. I've also tried import command of phymyadmin but got this error - "Fatal Error: Maxiumum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded". Can anyone tell me the fastest way to import back.

In your cpanel, if you go Site management tools -> Back-Up -> look for Restore an MySQL DB and click browse, looking for this MySQL Database, then click upload.if it is 100MB it might take a little while for it to upload, but i dont know i've never had a database that big :lol:

Since you are getting a time-out error, and the only way I know of to increase that is by changing php.ini file, which is not possible here, try restoring one Table at a time using phpmyadmin. You will need to alter the sql file to do that, but it might work. 100 megs is a big database.

i've been meaning to test this MySQLDumper, but i haven't got to as of yet. just keeping it handy in my bookmarks for now. :lol: worth a try, if you want to give it a spin for your 100MB database.

http://www.mysqldumper.net/

MySQLDumper features

MySQLDumper is a backupscript for MySQL-Databases, written in PHP and Perl.

MySQLDumper uses a proprietary technique to avoid execution interruption. It only reads and saves a certain amount of commands and then calls itself via JavaScript and memorizes how far in the process it was and resumes its action from its last standby.

MySQLDumper restores a backup file by using the same process. Unlike other tools splitting and splicing of large files is no longer necessary.

MySQLDumper offers to write data directly into a compressed gz-File. The Restore-Script is able to read this file directly without unpacking it. Of course you can use it without compression, however using Gzip saves a sizeable amount of bandwidth.

Features:

* Multilingual

* Backup and restore of MySQL-Databases

* Automatic sending of backups via Email or FTP

* Automatic deleting of backups on the server following your own rules

* Using a Perl script as a Cronjob

* Administration and manipulation of databases

* Backup of database-structures (without data)

* Backup and restore of tables

* Protecting your backup via ".htaccess file"

* Reveals PHP , MySQL version and configuration details and more...!

* Easy installation

* Easy operating

* Multipart-Backup for very large databases

* Multi-database-Backup!

i have underlined the relevant feature in above quote. :D that should work, i think. :P download here. report back with your experience, so we can learn from each other, alright? :D

as you wish. :lol: glad you have it all sorted out by now.