xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Becca

Trying Out The Pen Tool In Ps..[again]

Lookkies...I know it's kinda crap compared to what other do..but I might get better...no make that I WILL get better...

Anyways I just wanted to show you this:

Posted Image

and this:

Posted Image

Crap? The only thing that's crap is your yuor attitude towards your pics! You always come up with neat pixels and drawings and graphics. You should go to some cambridge graphic school (if there is one) - everybody who thinks bexa is the best graphic designer say 'I'...I!

What ... it doesnt even look neat...Anyways you can talk!! You have EXCELLENT graphics and your pixel drawings are SOOOOOO good !!!! I can't believe some one can be so good at graphics...but you're well good. Im not even kidding, You are tons better than me...and I need to improve.

What ... it doesnt even look neat...

Anyways you can talk!! You have EXCELLENT graphics and your pixel drawings are SOOOOOO good !!!! I can't believe some one can be so good at graphics...but you're well good. Im not even kidding, You are tons better than me...and I need to improve.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem, believing that my work is crap. Just odn't be too critical of yourself. It is good to be critical sometimes, but not too much. That Image you did is good, better than anything I've done with the pen tool. Then agian, I haven't tried to learn the pen tool i nthe 2 years that I've been using photoshop.

thats pretty cool.. i barely know how to use the pen tool and ive been using photoshop for a while now. what is it mainly for? what is its main purpose? ive seen people make some cool stuff with it

I don't know what it is I was just using all the things it had on the toolbox and the pen tool seemed soo cool...I now make people with it like vectors etc...and I draw figures with it and draw clothes etc...it has a clip art sort of finish....you can also use it for shading but it will take AGES...

No i don't have illustrator but i want it so i think im geting it...I wnt it though so i think im getting it....i need it actually....ps is enoug hthough.

Edited by Becca (see edit history)

No i don't have illustrator but i want it so i think im geting it...

I wnt it though so i think im getting it....i need it actually....

ps is enoug hthough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd love to have illustrator for the vector capabilities though. But for $500 (or $350), I can't get that right now. I will hopefully be getting ps cs upgrade here soon though...

Is the best way to use the pen tool to just create a path and stroke it, then fill it w/ whatever? This has worked all rigth for me, but it's a little limiting. I don't have a great need for the pen tool currently, but iut sure would be nice to know how to use it better. I'm mainly working on printwork right now, I guess.

What? I thought pen tool already gave you color? If you make a circle out of the pen tool it automatically fills it in? Right?Well thats what I thought .I sort of really need the pen tool...it creates the vector art I have in layouts.