xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imskaterpunk

A Better Sims Game

You know what i think i think they should make a sims game where you can actually get real stuff off the internet for your house such as above the counter cupboards, plasma tvs, basements and third stories etc.. i think that would be awesome and you know what else they should add to the sims they should add an online play version that way you can talk to people and see other peoples houses that would one the best games ever if you agree reply and tell me some other things they should have.

I think they do have an online sims game, Sims 2 i think? Anyways, as for your other idea. They can't get money off of that, so they can't give that stuff away. They would have to find some way to pay for it. Perhaps they would start a 50 dollar a month fee so you can enter the drawing. Anyways, i'm on the road and have to go.

I'm pretty sure they have an online version too. If they gave away stuff like that, Maxis (they own the Sims correct?) would be broke and there would be no more Sims! So that is basically the opposite of what you would want. It's never going to happen unless they charged you like 2 million dollars a month.

i think an online sims game would ruin the sims totally though. the sims is not like..... webkins or wow, its a thing you do when your internet is down. if it was online, people would hack accounts and do all kinds of stupid things, and if you dont have the sims on your computer already, it oculd seem glitchy and all that. personally, i dotn think it would make a very good online game either.

i really like how all of you awnsered my topic and you know what you people are right if they did what i siad they would probably charge alot of money or go bankrupt so thanks for changing my thoughts.

It is impossible to make a proper Sims game. There can ALWAYS be something to be improved. Sims 1, when it came out, everyone loved it. After a while, it got boring, and all those expansions came out. Once again, people got bored of that. They release Sims 2, which lasted longer than Sims 1, but still people got bored, and yet more expansions needed to be made. You see, the tastes of people over time become more and more picky, meaning they want more things. Frankly, Sims 2 was decent, but once you get successful the game lag is horrible, and that's even when you have a good computer. I liked in Sims 1 that it always ran smooth. Who cares that you can't zoom in and out freely, rotate freely, and make only 2 stories. The simplicity kept a bad computer from lagging. Sims 3, if they ever make that, should come in 2 disks. 1 disk which is the style of Sims 1, so that it doesn't lag. Low time computers. The 2nd disk which is the style of Sims 2, high end computers. That gives more popularity, because many people cannot buy Sims 2 due to the lag and system specs.

When I finally updated my computer to the point where it was good enough to play The Sims 2 I was very impressed. I was a Sims 1 fan ever since release, thus the new features baffled me. The aspiration idea gave me much more to do then sitting there, and making sure my Sims are well fed and clean. I played The Sims Online for years and it was some of my best years on the internet. Many of my close friends played, and we all owned a house together and collaborated to make it gigantic and very unique. I also eventually joined a "mafia" which in itself was very realistic. I enjoyed the sense of community overall, as well as the economic side.Sadly the economy eventually crashed due to "gold farmers" and now everyone is rich, thuse people got fed up and stopped playing. Now, The Sims Online is virtually dead.Anyways back to the original post... Considering the vast differences between The Sims 1 and The Sims 2, I can only expect that The Sims 3 will present much grander features as The Sims 2 did.

A better Sims is in development, by the creator of Sims Will Wright... It will be called Spore (here is a Wikipedia link and here is the official website of the game). Why is Spore the next Sims??? Because it takes life simulation in the next level. Users will be a ble to control the evolution of a species from the primordial soup to the conquering of the universe. Every species will evolve differently according to the creators desires.

It will be a a teleological evolution game also known as a God game something like Black & White. The player will guide the evolution of a species in a few steps, having DNA points as currency:

1. Cellular phase

Posted Image

2. Creature phase

Posted Image

3. Tribal phase

Posted Image

4. Civilization phase

Posted Image

... and finally ...

4. Space phase

Posted Image

If the idea of the game isn't enough the way it will be created will surely amaze you. Spore will make use of procedural generation for many of it's components like species, terrain, etc. This will make the game extremely small compared to the size it would have being stored the classic way. The small size will make possible the exchange of species, planets, etc. over the Internet. Picture an infinite universe where every user has a corner of it, where you can battle you neighbor for local dominance. It will be the next Sims and the next Second Life. I can only hope it will be as good as it looks right now. It promises to be the best game off all times.

One last thing... it will be released in 2008 (unofficially announced in the 0Q2 of 2008).

I remember playing a game with all of these features online, after i downloaded the game i was going to see what to buy and stuff and they had tons of stuff but, we had to buy their tokens with real life money which i thought was a rip off because to get a bunch of stuff it was alot of real life money trust me you wouldnt want it :XD:On other note: hey ron :) im posting here again lol

Seriously, if you can't run The Sims 2 (at all) then upgrade your PC.And this "Spore" thing seems great! Will surely be another marvel that we'll get in 08' :)To The Sims 2 "ideas"... I'd say "Online Gaming" in general, just the ability to invite a friend over to your house (via internet) and he can go around , chat, do stuff etc.Will not be as ENTERTAINING but surely cool :XD:

Okay, what kinda drug is this person on? :XD: JUST KIDDING!I don't think the free stuff off the internet is a good idea. As a matter of fact it's just flat out stupid. That wouldn't last for more than a week, and the Sims company would go bankrupt.As for your other idea, there is an MMORPG on the internet availble (Kaneva, I think?) Anyways, that idea isn't original. It's already been created...