xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Norton 360 What is your opinion?

Norton 360

What is your opinion about Norton 360. I recently have installed Norton 360 for trial. Norton 360 include all Norton programs such as antivirus, anti spyware, fireware, phishing sites and ?. I would like to know, is Norton 360 worthwhile to buy.

Please don?t discuss other programs such as Kasper Sky or NOD32.

I didn't download it, as I'm pefectly satisfied with my existing anti virus and firewall software, but at that price of ?165... Definitely not worth that money... Even though I'm a software developer, and software brings me certain amount of money... I like to create quality software, and not overcharge for it... Too much money, for software that isn't that essentialy different from what they made few years ago...

I dont Like it very much as It is very heavy and unlike nis(norton internet security) we dont have any control over firewall like block network traffic,aslo there are very less customisation possible.it has a great fetaure which i like is backup tool(backup your file on symantec),but overall in my opinion its better to use earlier norton product :- Norton Internet security

I get errors whenever I use internet explorer now whenever I use it after I installed Norton 360. Norton 360 is ok imo, i had to renew my subscription so I decided to just try using Norton 360

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

Apparently the reason it costs so much is that it comes with a three computer license as opposed to a standard one computer license.From the reviews I have heard, apparently it is better then some of the previous Norton releases, aqnd cheaper, per computer, but still takes up a lot more system resources then some other antivirus. Personally I wouldn't buy it anyway, since F-Secure 2007 beats it in every aspect, but the idea of a full antivirus, and backup package in one is not a bad idea, and I expect other companies will soon release their own version of it, which should be better.

I dont see a huge difference from 360 from 2007, its a little waste of your money but I guess if you look at spammed stuff all the time maybe you should get it because it is better then 2007, it just slows start up time a little bit because you have to load all the anti-spyware crap, but ya. I recommend it to people that look at naughty things and download torrents and stuff but if you use it for school or just to play around, nah, just keep what you got

I've tried it and I'd rather stay with 2007 Internet Security Suite, because I don't need the other features and I very much prefer ISS's interface. However Avira beats them both!

Norton 360

Norton 360

I'm not sure if maybe is my computer or that I installed norton 360 but I tried installing a game Empire Earth II and everything installed fine, but when I click "play game" the loading screen comes up and after a few seconds , nothing comes up as if I didn't put play game and so I can't play it. Could be that norton 360 blocks games or myabe my computer is the one messing up, if anyone could help me please tell me to frozen3001 at hotmail.Com .Thank you

-reply by Alexander Choque

Removes Norton Ghost

Norton 360

I really like Norton 360, but I'm pissed off that it removed all my Norton System Works Premier. I can understand removing the anti virus portion of it, but I no longer can use ghost which I used for all sorts of things, like backing up and cloning c drive after a complete windows install and all the main software I use already installed. I'd made complete system recovery DVD's for all my machines and other peoples as well. Now I don't have Ghost, I cant access those backups and ghost images anymore.