xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Kill Murderers? Should we do it?

Well, i am not sure if somebody already posted this, just delete this if somebody did, but i didn't find anything :)I think that murderers should be hung, but in the electric chair, or whatever they do today, instead of being givin a life sentence in jail! What is the point! them goverment people are just wasting our money, by collecting extra taxes paying for food and items for people in jail! If somebody did something wron, like murdered, and given a life sentence, they have time to think of a new plan for a murder, if they escape!? I am thinking the head of the prisions, or whoever is wanting them to escape and go around and start murding people, but why? Do they know the people who are in jail? Or do they just feel bad for them. Dont feel bad for them, just look what they did, they ended somebodies life unexpectedly, and that is pure wrong, and all they do is give the murderers a time to think of another plan... I think anybody with a life sentence should be killed, or sent away to their death somewhere... somewhere.Just think, part of your tax goes to.... cleaing up (dont think of it that way) messes from murderers, building new containment areas for the murderers, buying food for the murderers, buying clother for the murderers, buying more murders for the murderers!!Please tell me what you think about this matter, your opinion..

Hi,You have to think it in this way that if you do not feel bad for murderers then you are thinking like them and then are responsible for somebody's death so then it gives somebody else to take your life because you were a murderer. You might argue that you murdered the convict because he was a bad guy or something, similarly a woman light have killed her husband because he had tortured her for many years, Obviously you would feel bad for her but then again the law marks her as a murderer.There is no use if we too behave like them and go on a massacre and If we really wanted to save resources like money, food, water, clothes and such I guess we should get rid of politicians for they are the ones who are responsible for the deaths of a lot of people in situations where they could have helped. A politician is mentally stable when he makes his decisions but a convict in most cases is mentally unstable at the time of the crime or from a long time leading to the time of murder.Just because they acted foolishly does not mean that we too should go ahead and start decapitating heads.

you know that it takes someone with guts to kill or punish a murderer. in the past, those who do the execution wear masks in order to rid themselves of the guilt (if not all) of killing someone guilty. these days, punishments for the guilty are less strict (for lack of a better term). the punishment given to these criminals are the most "just", because they know they are also messing with people's lives. it's not as simple as shouting "burn at the stake!" or "off with his head!". i believe the justice system still has it's bases planted on the virtues of whatever religion they belong to. they believe that taking people's lives is not the best way to give the punishment, that it's their god who will lay the judgment. some people just think that they're no different if they killed these criminals themselves.and i forgot to mention that we're talking about the guilty ones, not the innocent ones who are accused wrongly. i guess this is one of the reasons why what you're trying to say here can't work effectively. again, it's just the point of messing with people's lives.

Yes, i am all for killing those who have committed crimes like murder. As long as there is sufficient evidence to back it up. In England we just have a life sentance which is about 30 years. Amazingly stupid. Thoses who have committed crimes that bad just deserve to die (in my opinion).

If they scape? Oh, you must have seen a lot Prison Break recently :lol: Well, seriously, if we start killing murderers we are violating human rights (which some states of the US already do, not to say other non-developed countries). Well, first we can kill murderers to avoid they do it again. And then we can cut thieves' hands to avoid robbery also. The justice cannot be based on the eye for an eye thing. It is supposed to also educate and make criminals think about what have they done. Because you complain for money being wasted on somebody you don't care about. But someone else could say he doesn't care about rapers, kidnappers or pick-pocketers lives. So we could kill them all just to earn some dollars. It's not right... for me, in the 21st century, justice only kill people in barbarian countries.

Yes, i am all for killing those who have committed crimes like murder. As long as there is sufficient evidence to back it up. In England we just have a life sentance which is about 30 years. Amazingly stupid. Thoses who have committed crimes that bad just deserve to die (in my opinion).

the reason why it's 30 years because the life expectancy of humans are short. men on the average die around the age of 70-80, women die on a higher age. and if they ever come out alive after the years they've spent in jail, i believe they're old enough and probably tired already so they can't really commit a very heavy crime. it's a bit naive, but i don't think the elders aren't that much capable of commiting crimes any more. i'm actually quite sympathetic of those old ones that spend their lives in jail.

If they scape? Oh, you must have seen a lot Prison Break recently :lol:

well the competency of the security people is tested if they can't prevent the prisoners from escaping. but it's not enough reason to kill. i guess the part where people should be vigilant in protecting themselves comes in.

Well, seriously, if we start killing murderers we are violating human rights (which some states of the US already do, not to say other non-developed countries). Well, first we can kill murderers to avoid they do it again. And then we can cut thieves' hands to avoid robbery also. The justice cannot be based on the eye for an eye thing. It is supposed to also educate and make criminals think about what have they done. Because you complain for money being wasted on somebody you don't care about. But someone else could say he doesn't care about rapers, kidnappers or pick-pocketers lives. So we could kill them all just to earn some dollars.

like what i've said before, it's not the medieval times or the witch hunt era where people are accused and easily punished through ways that could be called inhumane. it's true that the main reason for putting criminals in jail is to keep them in check. but i don't believe that the government is wasting money by letting them stay in prison. in our country, prisons are one of the worst places, because it's so cramped. you'd see the criminals and you can't imagine the agony they're in. some of them can't even sleep because there are no space to lie onto. but i don't think it's enough reason to kill. staying in a prison like that is enough torture for someone to get into his senses.

I agree with Velma and Master bacarra here. If we kill the murderers, then we would be murderers. I believe if we started to kill murderers, then the topic of death will become more widespread. Believe it or not, most people enjoy watching people die (or they did at least). So then, they would want more to die for their entertainment and our population would just start decreasing and a civil war might break out. Yes, that is a stretch, but I don't think much good can come out of killing murderers. After their jail time, very very few of them will still be murderers because they know that taking someone's life isn't worth being in prison and suffering. Interesting idea though, keep thinking.

Killng the murderers would spare them any guilt they would have after being caught and sentenced to jail. Many would say that is enough punishment, if they at all have any guilt, for the murderers. Then there are those who, when caught, was proud of their act and even pleaded guilty due to their arrogance—should these be put to death?—obviously, old age isn't gonna stop them from committing the same crime, for, apparently, they live and thrive on such acts. Then there are those whose life sentences get cut short due to "good behavior." :lol:

But killing murderers isn't gonna solve the problem. The person that they killed could not be saved, nor is getting rid of one gonna get rid of them all. But "good behavior" privileges should not be given.

Just think, part of your tax goes to ... buying more murders for the murderers!!

:D

I personally don't think they should be killed. They deserve to rot in prison for the rest of their lives. But I can hwever see your point about them using up all of the tax payers money to house them, clean them, feed them etc. I would still say they deserve to rot away in prison, but I too would say that they have too many luxerys at the moment, in todays prison. The things they are allowed in prison are amazing. Like in my country I think they are allowed televisions and radios, if I had it my way, they wouldn't be allowed anything. But then again the government is trying to rehabilate them so they don't re-offend, like getting them a free education. I don't think we should kill them though :lol:.

I'd like to clarify that when I talk of murderers, I'm referring to real murderers, not those who were framed up or something.

Personally, I don't approve of murdering the murderers; it's too good a death for them. However, I also don't approve of carting them away into some prison where they could gloat about their feat to fellow prisoners. Wouldn't it be much better if they were subject to public humiliation and torture? Why take their lives when you can take something much more precious than that?

Also, I don't think killing them outright is a good idea. After all, not all judicial systems are perfect and we do get genuinely innocent people framed up. If we kill them, we can't just say "Ooops, sorry!" or something like that. (unless the government employs necromancers) In a way, incarcerating them is a better idea 'coz when a judge finally realizes his mistake, he can still do something for the poor guy.

However, I do notice that most, if not all, prison facilities here focus more on containment, rather than correction. For example, how does a rapist turn from his ways when he (or she?!?) encounters situational sexual coercion of some homosexual form every night in jail? How does a cold-blooded murderer turn his back on violence when, ever and anon, jailhouse brawls explode? How do smugglers and drug pushers say noto their craft when, day by day, their skills are honed by underhand trades in the prison's underground market?

The way I see it, jailing, alone, is not enough? If you tell a boy that what he did was a bad thing, there is a high chance that he won't even understand what you're saying. Experience is the best teacher so why not let these people experience much direr consequences of their actions? Jail time, bah! It's just another way of saying, "You get free food,only slight to moderate labor, a chance to meet new people and all the fvc<!ng you want (probably more) all night long."

For murderers, why don't we puncture their skin with long pins... everyday? The sensation of hundreds of pinpricks stabbing at him (or her) will make them wish they're dead. More importantly, though, it'd impress on their mind that such pain is very much avoidable if only they didn't pull the trigger back then.

How about slicing off the fingers of thieves and smugglers piece by piece every month? For the right hand alone, that makes for a year and two months of pure excitement. Castration for pedos and rapists, anyone? Public lashing for cases of fraud and tax evasion?

Bah! The world might be a safer place if only some human rights organizations weren't too squeamish on administering proper punishment that fits the crime. As it is, what's running on those people's minds right now is not repentance but revenge. They learn new tricks in jail but I doubt those tricks are the one beneficial to society :lol:

Well the British government thinks that taking time away from there life is worse than killing them. I personally do not agree with this nor do i agree with killing them. two wrong's dont make a right.I think they should all be sent to work in mines or something that can bring money into the country, and all the money they earn goes straight to the country.I for one would rather be killed that seperated from freedom, my family and all my freinds as would anyone i think. And the government know's this so they use it, even though when your sentenced to life in prison over here that means 25 years at max if your good 15 and if your famous 3.Killing murderers is not the way forward, getting them to work and pay there own way is the way to go. A possibility is to send them so an island where thay cannot escape and have them mine, or do something that can be sold to support themselves and all that is left over after the murderers have been fed and clothed and sheltered goes to the country. Solves many problems like overcrowding of prisons, cut's taxes and many other things.

I don't think I feel like explaining my viewpoint about this atm (although be assured, I have one!!!) But I would like to disagree that old age would stop a criminal from killing again...There are so many weapons nowadays that this is really stupid. One, for example: Are they too old to hold a (light) crossbow - and yet deadly, they can even repeat shots - and point it at someone? If they are truly a murderer, then they woould have no problem killing with it... How is age going to affect that! They should either be given life sentence until death or be spared the suffering in jail before that. Many convicts or murderers agree that jail is worse. Now I only think life till death or death penalty should be given in the case that someone is a true murderer... e.g. they enjoy it, feel no remorse, and would probably do it again. No way should this be allowed.Oh look, I have already rambled on, but at least it wasn't too long :lol:EDIT: Actually I quite agree with you sniped :D we may as well get something good out of them!!!, but I'm sure many people wouldn't be happy with them being so free roaming or the high risk of them coming back again. I think the main reason for the death penalty would be to prevent this in the long run... Maybe donate their organs off to hospitals globally as there is a shortage of those, that really are needed to save lives...

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Wow alot harsh!I think we have no RIGHT at all to even think about killing murderers, then we are all being a load of worthless hypocrits! and that makes me mad. Weither we have money to house these prisoners or just feel like they diserve "justice". We have no right to play GOD. if you think about it if we kill them we are doing nothing but seeping to their level. Sure they did do the killing first but killing them because they killed someone is going to get us know where its going to leave us in this big circle of on going murders. Don't kill people to get justice it is no good. no nice. lol but in all seriousness i am against everything that has to do with killing.

Well, I am a religous person, and following the old Testament, people should be not hanged or electric chaired but stoned yep, stoned. It would demoralize murderers and would stop them from commiting such horrific crimes. Life Sentence is just a waste of tax payer's money, it'll be cheaper if they dumped the prisoners in the sea.

This is one of those tough moral questions...In my opinion, I find it ok to kill them. The death penalty has been around for ages. Putting them to work may be a good idea though.Those who would say that its wrong and are against it... What if your closest friend or relative was tortured and/or killed brutally? Would you honestly want to see that guy still alive, sitting in prison, getting fed etc.