xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RedAlert

Should We Really Put The Future Of Our Nation In The Hands Of Those In D.c.?

Two months ago, the Democratic controlled Senate supported a pullout of troops in the war by next March. Earlier, the Democratic controlled House of Representatives earlier supported the withdrawal. Why? "Because America does not support the war in Iraq." America, of course, as in those who actually take the time and effort to go and vote against the war in online polls. Now I'm not saying that all of their decisions are based on those poles, but a great majority of their thoughts are. Everyone in a government position at Washington, D.C. are the best of their kind. Their smart, and for the most part know what they're doing. Our entire nation's, and the world's, futures are based on their decisions. Almost all of the decisions are bettering the world, but there are still some major issues that should not be controlled just by those in a government position. I'm talking about the war. So far, the Democrats have shown that they don't want to be in the war due to the interests of the people. But they honsetly can't say that. Its obvious that if you are against something, you'll speak out for that more than those who are for that certain thing. I am for the war, but I don't have a sticker on my car that says "I Support the War in Iraq." There are probably many more people in America who support the war than not support the war, but we don't speak out as much. And because of this, the minds of those in D.C. are somewhat changed. They think that the majority of the U.S. doesn't support the war. But nobody really knows that. This is our country, and our future. Everyone should be able to vote for or against the war, and other major issues that may occur in the future. Now I know a lot of people will say "Well, America isn't the most smart country when it comes to politics, so they shouldn't vote on what to do with the war." Well, if thats so, why do we vote for a president? This war is being fought by the men and women who sacrifice themselves to protect our country. They barely get a say in the war, and either do we. The only people who really get a say in the war are mainly trying to appeal America so that their party can get into the White House next year. We the people should have a say in the war, not just those in the government.

Im not American but I wouldnt trust anything that associated with Bush and U.S. politics. what kinda government would attack itself to justify a war on oil =/ btw try listenin to rapperz like Immortal Technique, if you dont like your government

Wow I thought this was an anti war topic. Guess not. Anyways America would definitely have been better of without war. Never before was it so divided on any policy. It is the Bush administration that has done that and not the Democrats.

I may not live in America, but I guess it may depend on the voters views on the war on the time. Whether if they actually vote, is another question. Considering in some countries, voting is compulsory (eg Australia).