xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

In The Dark Design my future business (under construction)

Ok, i am in the process of making my own business. It is called In the Dark Design ("IDD"), it is a Sole Proprietorship locally owned and operated by me. I am currently writing my business plan, designing a logo, and creating the business's website. What my business plans to do is to assist in the Web design process and be a Webmaster for those who don't have the time nor the skill it takes to do it themselves. I will use my services to help local businesses and individuals as well as people and business in other locations via the internet. During the start-up stage, i will work from my home, however my goal is to upgrade to a small office space with two employees within two years. I believe this goal is both challenging yet manageable.What do you think? Any ideas for a logo or slogan, i was thinking about something like "We shed the light on Web Design" for a slogan, any tips?

Your stage is probably the most complex stage in starting a "business". I suggest you get some outside help from someone experienced in that. Asking people in these forums who only know a little bit about web design for ideas is not such a good idea. In fact, it may be a waste of time. I hope you get very far in your business because that is an interesting topic! One suggestion that I have: goto http://html.com/. I use that whenever I need help in html code. It was made very well - especially the HTML Quick List. Try that out for a while, see how it works, and follow it a little. A very big leap in making your business grow is to submit it to search engines under a topic that is widely searched for such as Web Design or Javascript. If you don't come up in the first page, chances are the search engine submissions will be pretty useless though.

There are loads of web designing companies out there, why not include this into your slogan? like"rising above the rest" or "it makes us best" logos are a hard one its actually where i struggle what i do now is start with a basic shape, then think about what the website/company does and include that as well then colours i get "inspiration" from, themes of different sites,forums etc i then draw it on a normal piece of paper. hope this helpskarlosantananot so newbie anymore