xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
robocz033

Runescape 2 Private Server Guide: Part 1 making a private server

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
According to RuneScape TOS, as long as your private server does not connect/interfere with the actual server this 3rd party software is not breaking the real RuneScape TOS. Please use this information accordingly. If any RuneScape representative feels that this post is against your TOS, please contact Xisto admins via PM or email. Thank you.

This is part 1, focused on making a private server and such, if you would like, i will post more on customization in other parts.

Overview:

This guide will explain the basics for building your very own rs private server! The topics being covered are: Getting a source, making it yours, setting up everything and making sure it works. this is going to be a very noob (i hate to use that word, but its the only one i could think of) friendly guide. if you have any questions, feel free to aim, email, or msn me. i am not putting in pictures, because i am assuming you are not totaly stupid. trust me, a first timer can do this easy if you read everything carefully. YOU WILL NEED NOTEPAD FOR THIS!!!!

Chapters:

Beginning

Chapter 1: Choosing a Source

Chapter 1 section a: Choosing a source right for you

Chapter 1 section b: Downloading a source

Chapter 1 section c: Explaination of Differences

Chapter 2: Making the Server Yours

Chapter 2 section a: Renaming the server

Chapter 2 section b: Going through other files and renaming

Chapter 3: Getting Everything to Work

Chapter 3 section a: Checking your files

Chapter 3 section b: Fixing Errors

Chapter 3 section c: Finishing up

Beginning

Right now i will explain the advantages and disadvatanges of private servers.

A private server is great for the gamer who wants to level fast and get great items, while communicating with others and not completely cheating. through a private server, you can change everything to your liking, making it your own. You choose the name, source, and everything inside. The only bad part is that, although this can be fun, unless you have a popular server, your alone. I will explain how to advertise in part 4 of the RS2 Private Server Guide

Section A: Choosing a Source Right for You

There are many sources available for RS2 Private Servers, however few of them are that great. The best sources are Pimpscape, Phonescape, and Testscape. As a reult of being the best, they are also the most widely used and have the most tuts written for them. My personal favorite is pimpscape, and i have coded the most servers using that source and know the most about it, however, in this guide, i will cover all of the main sources listed above.

So, if you are still interested, now i will help you choose your source.

If you like pking, and a wide range of functionality and ease of use, i suggest Pimpscape.

If you like pking, a somewhat narrower view of functionality but still ease of use, i suggest Phonescape. by narrower view of functionality, i mean there isnt as much to worry about, but not that much you can do.

If you like normal go abouts, a lot of functionality, and can deal with slightly compromised ease of use, Testscape is for you.

Yes that section was short, but it doesnt need to be long, because those are the criteria of the 3 main sources.

Section B: Downloading a Server Source

There are two main ways of doing this:

1: go to google and type in the name of the source, i.e. Pimpscape, then source.

2: go to Download Section and look around there

i will provide links to the 3 main sources, you can scan the stuff if you want, i didnt do anything to them

Testscape

Phonescape

Pimpscape

most of these files a .rar, so you will need Winrar to extract them

That was simple, wasnt it?

Section C: Explaination of Differences

The main difference is the way the server is coded. for example, when making global objects, pimpscape is coded like this

makeGlobalObject
while testscape is coded like this
MakeGlobalObject
there are multiple ways of doing this, it just depends on your base. and the caps do make a difference! another difference is wether its a pk server or not, as i said testscape is the non-pk server and phonescape and pimpscape are pk servers. by pk server i mean that you can pk anywhere, i will explain how to change that, but wait until part 5. besides coding and pking, another great difference is the functionality of the server, which, depending on your wants and needs, can affect your server greatly. also, ease of use, or coding/playing, is another difference, this makes a huge difference in how well your server is liked. if your server is easy to understand and you can code it easily, your doing great! now, enough of that and onto making your server!

Section A: Renaming the server

I trust that every1 here knows the find command, if not, it is ctrl + F, when i say find use that command. replace is ctrl + H. alternatively, you can select edit, then the appropriate option.

Ok, first step, open the file client.java (located in the folder where you extracted your source to) and replace the name of your source, i.e. pimpscape, with whatever name you would like for your server. after typing in that information, press replace all.

Next, go to server.java and do the same.

and do the same in npchandler.java.

ok that takes care of that. also, if you have questions, please post. there are other things that need changing, but those will come later on.

Section B: Going Through Other Files and Renaming Them

Namely, the files client, server, and npchandler.java need to be changed. the change is for permissions regarding usernames. if you want, make your name admin on the server, and you wont have to worry, otherwise, keep reading.

Go through all the above mentioned files and search for admin, do the find command, not replace. if the word "admin" is in the context

&& playerName.equalsIgnoreCase("admin"))
then replace "admin" with your desired username (leave in the quotes).

Do this in all of the above mentioned files, and you should be fine, again, if you have questions, please post, i always like refining stuff.

Section B: Checking Your Files

this is simple. open up your compiler*, located in your server file, and run it.

*2 common things that happen are that

a. you dont have the correct java version

b. the compiler isnt set up right

to fix those problems, download the newest version at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html. if the compiler says something like javac isnt recognized as...(w/e it says) replace it with this:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::                                                                                                                  ::       :: All of the following code is ? Copywrited 2006-2007, ::::               Grene Penguin Entertainment.             ::::                                                        :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::@echo offif exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\" set programfiles=C:\Program Files (x86)set pr=%programfiles%\Java\:co1set b=0set t=7goto co2:co2color %b%%t%:menuclstitle The Perfect Compiler version 1.9echo Welcome to shorty5855scape's Compilerecho Please choose an option below to do that function.echo Keep posted on the Moparscape Tutorials section forecho any updates that I post.echo.echo c - Compile your server.echo r - To Run your server.echo e - To exit out of the program.echo jar - It will create your server into an executable Jar archive.echo color - Change the Text and Backround colors of this compiler.echo reset - Resets your Compiler Logs.echo.echo.set /p c=Option: if %c%==c goto cif %c%==C goto cif %c%==r goto rif %c%==R goto rif %c%==jar goto jarif %c%==Jar goto jarif %c%==JAR goto jarif %c%==color goto colorif %c%==Color goto colorif %c%==COLOR goto colorif %c%==reset goto resetif %c%==Reset goto resetif %c%==RESET goto resetif %c%==e goto eif %c%==E goto eif %c%==* goto ergoto er:jartitle Jar Creatorclsecho What will be the name of the Jar file?echo.set /p name=Name: if exist *.class (del *.class)set pro=%pr%jdk1.5.0set pro2=%pr%jdk1.6.0set jav=bin\javac.exeset go=jar2goto cj:jar2%java% -cp . *javaecho Manifest-Version: 1.0 >> manifestecho Created-By: 1.5.0_04 (Sun Microsystems Inc.) >> manifestecho Main-Class: server >> manifestset pro=%pr%jdk1.5.0set pro2=%pr%jdk1.6.0set jav=bin\jar.exeset go=jar3goto cj:jar3if not exist *.class (goto jre)%java% -cvfm %name%.jar manifest *.classdel runserver.batdel manifestdel *.classgoto jl:jar4set pro=%pr%jre1.5.0set pro2=%pr%jre1.6.0set jav=bin\java.exeset go=jar5goto cj:jar5echo @echo off  >> runserver.batecho title %name% >> runserver.batecho %java% -cp .;%name%.jar server >> runserver.batecho pause >> runserver.batclsecho %name% Jar file successfully made. The runserver.bat willecho now load the Jar file. If you have any errors while runnningecho the Jar file, please post about it in Mod Taharok's 'Perfectecho Compiler' topic on MoparScape.pausegoto menuset :colorclsecho Would you like to change the backround color, changeecho the text color, or reset it to default?echo.echo back - Change the backround color.echo text - Change the text color.echo def - Change all colors back to default.echo.echo.set /p color=Option: if %color%==back goto backif %color%==BACK goto backif %color%==text goto textif %color%==TEXT goto textif %color%==def goto co1if %color%==DEF goto co1if %color%==* goto ergoto er:backclsecho Please select a color to change the backround to:echo.echo blackecho whiteecho redecho yellowecho greenecho blueecho purpleecho.echo.set /p back=Color: if %back%== black (set b=0)if %back%== white (set b=7)if %back%== red (set b=4)if %back%== yellow (set b=6)if %back%== green (set b=2)if %back%== blue (set b=1)if %back%== purple (set b=5)goto co2:textclsecho Please select a color to change the text to:echo.echo blackecho whiteecho redecho yellowecho greenecho blueecho purpleecho.echo.set /p back=Color: if %back%== black (set t=0)if %back%== white (set t=7)if %back%== red (set t=4)if %back%== yellow (set t=6)if %back%== green (set t=2)if %back%== blue (set t=1)if %back%== purple (set t=5)goto co2:cclstitle Compilerset pro=%pr%jdk1.5.0set pro2=%pr%jdk1.6.0set jav=bin\javac.exeset go=c2goto cj:c2if exist src (goto cl) else (goto c3):c3if exist *.java (goto cl2) else (goto ce):c4%java% -cp . *.javaecho Files Compiled Successfully!pauseclsgoto menu:c5%java% -cp . .\src\*.javaecho Files Compiled Successfully!pausemove .\src\*.class .\classes\clsgoto menu:ceclsecho You must have Java files for this Compiler to Compile.pauseclsgoto menu:rclstitle Runserverset pro=%pr%jre1.5.0set pro2=%pr%jre1.6.0set jav=bin\java.exeset go=r2goto cj:r2set rjava=%java% -Xmx1024m -cp .;./jython.jar;./MySql/mysql-connector-java-3.0.17-ga-bin.jar serverclsgoto r3:r3if exist .\classes\server.class (goto sl2) else (goto r4):r4if exist .\server.class (goto sl) else (goto se):r5%rjava%pauseclsgoto menu:r6set rjava=set rjava=%java% -cp .;./classes; Server%rjava%pauseclsgoto menu:seclstitle Errorecho You do not have a Server.class. Make sure that you have used theecho compiler with your server BEFORE you try runing it.pauseclsgoto menu:erclstitle Errorecho Invalid command. Please make sure the commands you typeecho in are correct.pauseclsgoto menu:eclsexit:cjif exist "%pro2%_01\%jav%" (goto sj)if exist "%pro2%\%jav%" (goto sj2)if exist "%pro%_10\%jav%" (goto sj3)if exist "%pro%_09\%jav%" (goto sj4)if exist "%pro%_08\%jav%" (goto sj5)if exist "%pro%_07\%jav%" (goto sj6)if exist "%pro%_06\%jav%" (goto sj7)if exist "%pro%_05\%jav%" (goto sj8)if exist "%pro%_04\%jav%" (goto sj9)if exist "%pro%_03\%jav%" (goto sj10)if exist "%pro%_02\%jav%" (goto sj11)if exist "%pro%_01\%jav%" (goto sj12)if exist "%pro%\%jav%" (goto sj13) else (goto je):sjset java="%pro2%_01\%jav%"goto %go%:sj2set java="%pro2%\%jav%"goto %go%:sj3set java="%pro%_10\%jav%"goto %go%:sj4set java="%pro%_09\%jav%"goto %go%:sj5set java="%pro%_08\%jav%"goto %go%:sj6set java="%pro%_07\%jav%"goto %go%:sj7set java="%pro%_06\%jav%"goto %go%:sj8set java="%pro%_05\%jav%"goto %go%:sj9set java="%pro%_04\%jav%"goto %go%:sj10set java="%pro%_03\%jav%"goto %go%:sj11set java="%pro%_02\%jav%"goto %go%:sj12set java="%pro%_01\%jav%"goto %go%:sj13set java="%pro%\%jav%"goto %go%:jeclstitle Errorecho You do not have JDK 5.0 or JDK 6.0 or any JDK 5.0 and 6.0 updates.echo Go to Mod Taharok's tutorial on the Moparscape Tuturoials sectionecho for step-by-step instructions to download the newest JDK Update.pauseclsgoto menu:slclsecho Ran Server at %time% and on %date%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Server was run using %java%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Thank you for using Mod Taharok's 'Perfect' Compiler! >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo. >> "Compile Logs.txt"goto r5:sl2clsecho Ran Server at %time% and on %date%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Server was run using %java%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Thank you for using Mod Taharok's 'Perfect' Compiler! >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo. >> "Compile Logs.txt"goto r6:clclsecho Compiled Java files at %time% and on %date%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Java files were compiled using %java%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Thank you for using Mod Taharok's 'Perfect' Compiler! >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo. >> "Compile Logs.txt"goto c5:cl2clsecho Compiled Java files at %time% and on %date%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Java files were compiled using %java%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Thank you for using Mod Taharok's 'Perfect' Compiler! >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo. >> "Compile Logs.txt"goto c4:jlclsecho %name% Jar file created at %time% and on %date%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Jar file was created using %java%. >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo Thank you for using Mod Taharok's 'Perfect' Compiler! >> "Compile Logs.txt"echo. >> "Compile Logs.txt"goto jar4:resetclsecho Resetting the Compiler's Logs...pausedel "Compile Logs.txt"goto menu
-note: this compiler is a multipurpose compiler, its self explanitory tho.

everything should work fine now...unless you have errors...

Section B: Fixing your Errors

the most common error is not putting a "{" in front of a line of code. if you get a error saying its an illegal start of an expression, simple press enter at the beginning of the line, and put a "{" on the line above. if the problem persists, post a screen shot and i will resolve your issue.

i am not going to address other errors, seeing how 70% of the errors can be fixed by following the above instructions.

Section B: Finishing Everything Up

You are done, for now. to get your server online, go to part 2 of the RS2 Private Server Guide. (part 2 is not yet released (subject to change))

You cannot login to your server until it is online, so wait for part 2. ill have it up within a day or 2.

Again, if you have comments, concerns, thoughts, etc... please post email, aim, or msn me and i will get back to u asap.

Thank You,

robocz033

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
We have dedicated RuneScape forum. Moved. Do not abbreviate in the Title.

Really good tutorial, Idk if I'll use, but I do have my own runescape server. Only thing is @Buffalo, why is this in runescape? Because this isn't really a runescape, its more of a cast off runescape, like invisionfree is with IPB. Almost anyways lol. But very good, also where you say

The main difference is the way the server is coded. for example, when making global objects, pimpscape is coded like this

makeGlobalObject
while testscape is coded like this
MakeGlobalObject

you could also say that freescape is also coded like

addglobalobject

or was it Addglobalobject :S IDk lol, I don't like that java is case sensitive

neither do i, it gets annoying. especially when you are trying to code in a hurry! thats y after 20 minutes of coding, or if im done with a file, i compile then fix any errors, usually there arent any, lol.

if ur doing it in testscape i belive you must open up client.java and find admin? and add their name to the list? I beleive thats it, and that should work, otherwise if ur using another source, go to the character file of that person, change their player right to 2, for admin, 1, for mod, or 0 for regular user

okey i hav 3 problems:1. do i hav to turn the ".java" files into".bat" files or leave em like that?2. i tried the code for the java which was on the guide but now when i start compile.bat i opens for a sec.. i see some writing and then it closes. do i hav to copy the hole code or where do i start with the copiing?3.when i open runserver.bat it opens and it says:Starting TestScape Server on: 0.0.0.0:43594Pls if u can't post in this forum send me the answers at: apostolstef@yahoo.com... pls and ty very much if u help :P

If I'm trying to make a Silabsoft rs2 private server is the server name changing the same or is it different? I'm trying hard to find a way to change the server name, I know I am in the right folder.I really need help with this I'm not exactly the best with this.

alright.apostolstef: those are some pretty easy things to fix if you know what you are doing.1. do i hav to turn the ".java" files into".bat" files or leave em like that?no, nothing needs to be done to them unless your coding, but still, they .java2. i tried the code for the java which was on the guide but now when i start compile.bat i opens for a sec.. i see some writing and then it closes. do i hav to copy the hole code or where do i start with the copiing?well, for the compiling, u run compiler.bat, but, as you said, it close right away. usually thats a problem with your compiler.bat. if you can let me know what compiler your using by either coping the code or if it has a name, that would be great.3.when i open runserver.bat it opens and it says:Starting TestScape Server on: 0.0.0.0:43594that is completely normal. unless you want to change the port, which is easy.cartman110:thats pretty easy. just go through server.java, client.java, npchandler.java and search for the server name and replace it with yours. if you want to take it a step further, look around for the in game name of the original owner (im not sure what it is, but it shouldnt be hard to find out) and replace that with your name.again, any questions, i am now more available to help here and still available via email or aim.

Since the time of this post, RuneScape has changed their Terms Of Service.Please be advised that by informing how to run one's own Private Server other than educational purposes, it is against RS TOS. Xisto forum is strict on enforcing our forum rules by adhering to other site's Acceptable Usage Policy.Thank you.

an error pops out

Runescape 2 Private Server Guide: Part 1

When I try to start complier it close and opens and when I start server it says:

Expection in thread""main"".Java.Lang.Noclassdeffounderror: server

caused by:java.Lang.ClassnotfoundExpections: server

And other same as archilles.Please reply at aderson_34566uiio@hotmail.Com Please Please Please Please Please!

-question by help me

dont get what to do!

Runescape 2 Private Server Guide: Part 1

TESTSCAPE don't get it need help with complier and other things like admin and stuf! give me your email so I can add you on msn we talk

-reply by dayne