xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matak

Limiting Max Number Of Credit Posts Suggestion?

How about that Xisto limits maximum number of posts that you can get credits for in one day? My suggestion would be limiting posts that count for credits at 3 a day :) .I really don't know how to explain this idea, it's just something that came to my mind..What do you guys think?

are you serious? personally i don't like it. :) what's your reason? i have to hear your reason first. :)

reason for limiting number of "sponsored" posts is to improve post quality even more. community is great, and that, but posts that deserve credits should be really awesome. Also limiting credit sponsored posts would maybe force users to write couple of longer posts a month, that have some greater value, like tutorials and stuff, which would then score some good credits for them

hmm i don't think it's a good idea

i just dont see the point.. because Xisto doesn't work off of how many people come each day, but the quality in their posts that the members make, so if they were limited to three credits, they would limit the quality posts to a minimum, and most posts that are quality are big, so they can get credits for what they work for.

i just don't think it's a good idea at all no offense

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

um like what i've mentioned in the shoutbox, it's quite ironic that you want the poster to improve the quality of the post by limiting the credit he's going to get. most of us are here for credit (at least those who are hosted), it would be pointless if you cut down the reward they get for posting a lengthy post. by doing that, you're actually discouraging them to post more (whether lengthy or not).writing tutorials would give one lots of credits, by limiting them down to 3, what happens to the rest that they're supposed to get? that would be unfair. that's the same for those who are inside a heated debate in the debates section where a lot of people really speak their minds out. imagine, you're debating with someone, but you're only entitled to put a post equivalent to 3 credits. you're already limiting their post length, which is the "ironic" part of your suggestion.

I think that i'm misinterpreted, probably beacouse i didn't explain right.I'm not suggesting that posts are limited to 3 credits, but that only 3 posts a day can get creditsEDIT: I'm rereading my posts, and still don't get how should i put it, so that it can be understood. So i repeat, it's not about limiting POST CREDITs to 3, but limiting NUMBER of POSTS that can get CREDITS in one day, at 3 POSTS.Um.. Is that right now

Edited by matak (see edit history)

hmm, even if only three posts a day would get credits, that would mean someone who is a first-timer to Xisto would have to either wait quite a few days to get the full 30 credits, or posts a bunch of posts that are completely going off topic just to get the full amount of credits out of one of the three daily posts. if that makes any sense... lol

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

It's rarely that first timer get's approved in one day. It takes couple of days, in which you can get credits in no time. I think that this way maybe trap could prune users that get here only for hosting and not contributing with quality but rather posting anything just in order to get enough credits to be hosted.

well since you've clarified that one, i would probably agree slightly. the problem is that, the rest of the posts (meaning the succeeding posts after the 3rd post), won't be counted anymore, and you're telling the members that the 4th post onwards is like a "paying it forward to trap" posts, to maintain the forum's interactivity. by doing that, you're doing the opposite, which is limiting the interactivity in the forum. you're supposed to encourage them to talk a lot in the forum despite the length of the post. and besides, we already have mods and spam patrollers (like me *ehem*) to clean up the mess here, so no need to worry about the short posts and one-liners and the spammers.trap is a mutual environment, we members post to maintain the interactivity here, thus the forum and its creators benefit from us, and in return, we get free hosting. i believe that there's no need to disrupt that flow.cheers!

hey! that's a really great explanation. of course there's no need to change something that's really flowing mainstream :), but i can't help myself to post a suggestion, that maybe even before i post it i know it's not going to be accepted.really great post there master, you swept me off my feet :)

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this idea, because it would mean that someone who is let's say 20 credit in - then he wouldn't be able to get on +4 let's say and that is the minimum for un-suspending your account. Plus I usually have a lot of time someday and I read through posts and just reply to them - it doesn't mean that I will spam if I make maybe 20 credits a day if you know what I mean. The moderators are also very capable here on Xisto and they remove spam-stuff almost immidiately....I guess the current situation is OK!Best whishes

Oh yeah I would disagree 100% with you on that and the for this very simple reason, you limit the number of posts to 3 a day on credits earned and Xisto would lose every single member in the matter of days. If they do that everyone would have earn 10 credits a post and unless your making tutorials that is near right impossible to do and thus instead of that quality your looking for will be turned into spam. It's not as easy anymore to post here in the forums as it was year and half ago, of course I seen some of the best post since that time as well and so it is the matter of looking for the right topics to post about thats why I usually try and spread myself out. So if you were to limit a person post count to three a day that would be like limiting people to 3 sips of water a week or something like that. Although quality posts is what we are striving for not all topics require a person to post a 10 page word document on a simple quest or problem.

I posted this couse i'm sure that Xisto forum quality doesn't depend only beacouse of the hosting feature that same provides. Also there is several pros and cons for this idea. If you look at the number 3 posts a day, i guess it's most average number of posts on Xisto forums. Most members that are new rush on to gather as much credits as possible to ensure themselves a default hosting package. Some of the forums that are most useful in achieving that goal is Introduction, an My Theories Possibilities and Inovations.@SM you speak of Xisto forums, only reason for quality is credits-hosting system, but i think that there are plenty members here who are just that- members and who really don't care about hosting credits, as they are not hosted. Also lot's of members use Xisto as start for serious website, and soon as they exceed limit, their website is popular enough to sustain hosting expenses on its own.Also some members are not regular on forums, couse they gather enough credits for maybe month or two, and then set their alarm clock when they expire, and then get back on forums, looking for topics and answering mostly outdated subjects in order to gather their credits supply for another few months.Maybe 3 posts a day limit, and maybe few days transfer if you really can't get it, could force member to be more regular on forums. And that is quite important factor too.But like i said, i'm maybe wrong about this, and most hosted users here would agree, but this community is not only built of hosted members who strive for credits, but also from regular members who just enjoy high quality of moderation of the forums.Note:You wouldn't be limited to POST only 3 posts, you could a same post 10 or 20 or 100 posts a day, it's just that 3 posts would be counted in for credits, as it is average of most members on forums. Maybe even 5 posts a day. But you could still write another 10 posts if you feel like, it's just that it wouldn't be counted for credits.And i really don't think that your analogy with water holds water on this matter. Like i noted above, you could post how much you want, but you would only be credite for 3 posts.

The people that post a bunch to save up their credits will just save their extra posts that they would make in one day and then save them for the next day. If the number of posts allowed to be made per day are limited, the number of members joining will slow a lot because they want their package right away so they won't want to wait 3 days to get going if they make four line posts. Some people don't have the time in a week to make 3 posts a day or really long posts to keep their credits up that is why they sometimes come in on big one day streaks. I've made about 15 posts in the past 24 hours or so I think it was and they all have been of good length/quality with the exception of a few which are expected. I just like to post but the extra credits are helpful especially for when the Trap Awards come to town again and I give them away.

I posted this couse i'm sure that Xisto forum quality doesn't depend only beacouse of the hosting feature that same provides. Also there is several pros and cons for this idea. If you look at the number 3 posts a day, i guess it's most average number of posts on Xisto forums. Most members that are new rush on to gather as much credits as possible to ensure themselves a default hosting package. Some of the forums that are most useful in achieving that goal is Introduction, an My Theories Possibilities and Inovations.
@SM you speak of Xisto forums, only reason for quality is credits-hosting system, but i think that there are plenty members here who are just that- members and who really don't care about hosting credits, as they are not hosted. Also lot's of members use Xisto as start for serious website, and soon as they exceed limit, their website is popular enough to sustain hosting expenses on its own.

Also some members are not regular on forums, couse they gather enough credits for maybe month or two, and then set their alarm clock when they expire, and then get back on forums, looking for topics and answering mostly outdated subjects in order to gather their credits supply for another few months.

Maybe 3 posts a day limit, and maybe few days transfer if you really can't get it, could force member to be more regular on forums. And that is quite important factor too.
But like i said, i'm maybe wrong about this, and most hosted users here would agree, but this community is not only built of hosted members who strive for credits, but also from regular members who just enjoy high quality of moderation of the forums.

Note:
You wouldn't be limited to POST only 3 posts, you could a same post 10 or 20 or 100 posts a day, it's just that 3 posts would be counted in for credits, as it is average of most members on forums. Maybe even 5 posts a day. But you could still write another 10 posts if you feel like, it's just that it wouldn't be counted for credits.

And i really don't think that your analogy with water holds water on this matter. Like i noted above, you could post how much you want, but you would only be credite for 3 posts.

You are correct that former hosted members still use the forum and are just posting because they want to because how great it has become in the last 3 years. With reference to my 3 sips of water I was referring to the fact that not all post require 8 pages of text for a simple question. It varies from poster to poster but someone could earn exactly 3 credits on 3 posts. So if they only had 2-3 days of hosting and had to leave somewhere for a couple of weeks then they have to go through a long process of getting themselves out of the negative. Either way limited the number a posts a person can make credits on will only cause problems and headaches for those looking for serious hosting.