xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ManOfSTEEL

How To Block Yahoo Booters Somebody booted me, I need you help how to overcome this.

Perhaps you can explain this posting? I have no clue what you are talking about here.

jl, he was referring to the spammers on ym. i believe he meant that he was being send a lot of messages (flooding) by some unknown user. he told me before that he can't even go on invisible mode to avoid the spam messages.

try this one. i hope it helps
Block YM Spams

Ohh the good ole' days of booting.Okay, simple way to explain this is..... Someone creates like 100 yahoo user-names and they put all of the user-names and passwords for these user-names into a txt file, and they have a program that loads the user-names and passwords and logs them all in to a yahoo-messenger like thing. and using this program and these 100 or so bots that are logged in, the person with the program can choose anyone who has a yahoo ID, and send the selected person TONS and TONS and TONS of messages to the selected ID, effectively locking up their yahoo messenger, ad in some cases locking up the whole computer.as for blocking it, i do not recall, because it has been near four years since i have messed with stuff like this but i will check out my old sites. i do believe there is a program you can run that will send the messages back to them or something like that. other than that, i would suggest a new yahoo ID.normaly the only reason people do this is because you have pissed them off some-how

yahoo bootersHow To Block Yahoo Booters

ok.Ok.Ok yahoo booting is no longer about sending mass packets and opeing up hundereds of I'm windows...Its esentualy hacking bots are still used however they exploit the server and victims ip address.

there is only one client or 3rd party yahoo messenger that will stop it and thats ytk enhanched witch is not free u have to pay"or crack it witch I have"

yazak,yahelite,ymlite,ysupra and the like are completely useless to this exploit and it can also damage your cpu

-reply by trey