xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Is My Height Normal For My Age? 56 12 yr old Is This Normal?

Hi, i just graduated from the seventh grade, and at my last physical, i was 5'6 tall. Is this normal? My dad is abot 6' and my mom is somewher around 5'8. im almost the youngest person, but almost the tallest in my class. i hate being taller than all the guys because it is almost impossible to get a date. (but luckily i have one. I'm so lucky!!!)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title must be specific; one-line summary of your post. Modified.

My generic reply would have to be used here:"Normal" is a word in the dictionary. What is normal in Europe may not be normal in Asia (and likely isn't). You are who you are and what you are. People need to accept you as you are, tall or short, skinny or plump, smart or not... that's just the way you are...

like jlhaslip said, don't worry about how you look. Just worry about how you act, be yourself and be respectful. You don't want people to go out with you just because your beautiful, you want them to like you. Your looks will change in the future, you will not.

ahhh mermaid, how do u come up with this is this so important?well i can tell u that at ur age its normal to think that way, and in this world, i know its all based at looks, well it is in america, where i live its not the first thing, but anyway to stick to the topic,i think u have nothin to worry about, it happens alot that sodenly u grow realy fast faster than other kids ur age, its realy normal, i used to be very small, when i turned 15 i started growing alot, now i' m 6,4,but with u it can be u grow fast now and ,the next 10 years u' ll only grow about 2 centimeter or some, in my old class i remember a girl who was 1 head taller than me , and she never grew more than 5 centimeter after that lol, so u realy don't have to worry about this at all, its normal just enjoy being young, i do it every daygreetz crazy

that should be not so normal as there are recommended heights for different age groups and races, so considering checking this out with your local doctor or something if you are too paranoid

Normal or not you are stuck with your height. The guys will catch up to you and probably pass you in time (some of them). Just takes some time for some people while others grow quickly. If guys don't go out with you because they are shorter than you that's pretty sad. Took me a while to start growing but I finally did and caught up to those who had grown when they were in 6th grade. It is normal at your age really if you think about it because what is really "normal" for that age varies so much that there is no normal.

Being normal depends on the society in which u live in. Our physical looks maybe the first impression but it will not last. Whats important is how u carry yourself. How you move, talk or even how you smile. I think you will do fine, you can date with someone from your schools basketball varsity team.

Well, I guess things could be worse... After all, I have a friend who is 5'10. that would suck to be that tall, because guys who think she's pretty refuse to go out with her.***I also hate looking alot older than i am. The people at the movie theater don't give you the ticket discount.

Probably these pronounced difference will dissapear in a couple of years. Maybe you have grown too soon, but you don't have to worry. Anyway, girls use to like boys taller than they, I guess it would be worst if you were the shortest in the class.

Height is something silly to worry about. Some girls just mature very fast (and since girls already mature faster than guys, there probably isn't many guys up to your height yet), just wait a few years and when the guys finally mature, you'll be someone looked-for because many guys like tall girls.

well, seeing as im 6'3'' and only 14 years old, im tall. i was about your height in 7th grade, my suggestion is to get good at a sport where height matters, then it wont be as weird, and you might even get more girls and friends and stuff. it works, trust me.

well, seeing as im 6'3'' and only 14 years old, im tall. i was about your height in 7th grade, my suggestion is to get good at a sport where height matters, then it wont be as weird, and you might even get more girls and friends and stuff. it works, trust me.

Well
a.] I am a pretty good tennis player, and taller tennis players are usually better.
b.] Im not a lesbian, thank you.

well, seeing as im 6'3'' and only 14 years old,

wow im 16 and i dont think anyone in my year at school is that tall :)
@Mermaid711 you will probably be taller than most girls when you're older but if you were to stop growing now/soon you would only be taller than short guys. not everyone starts/stops growing at the same time.
Edited by krap (see edit history)

your only 12 youll get older and your Height, age, and look will all even outi used to Worry just like you i had the same problem when i was your age And boys dont grow at the same age as girls they start growing later c: Hope this makes you feel better

recommended heights for different age groups and races

I consider this complete bs. I was 5'11" when I was about 10 years old, and many thought I wasn't a student, but rather some substitute teacher. However, since then, I've only grown 2", while others have grown more (or less). So don't worry about it.