xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imskaterpunk

Hewlett Packard Computers Suck

hey any one reading this and you probably think the same about HP computers. first i will tell you how much these computers suck by telling you about my friend who has one of these hated computers. well first off they are slow is crap and have really bad lag and i forgot the rest of what my friend siad but trust me they suck if i were going to buy a computer i would so not go and get an hp i would spend thousands more on a computer from E machines or alienware (go alienware) so if you even think of getting a bad computer remember this your wasting money and your time so why not just get a brand new alienware or emachine or even dell

My friend has an HP, but you know what? It's only bad because of the way he uses it. HP is just as good as any other manufacturer, you just have to know how to use it. I'm guessing your friend's computer was laggy because there were a bunch of programs on there or it had virii/adware/malware. My friend's computer is horrible because he goes to bad sights and doesn't know how to keep his computer clean. I don't know about the prices (I'm too lazy to check), but the computers are just as good as any other. I'm just more comfortable getting a Dell machine then an HP :)

Well, I've got a friend and he has a HP too, the thing is:Those HP computers are damn sensitive and if anyone doesn't know how to use them well, they get messed up (Said due to the inefficiency of being able to say anything worse here.).He has got 1 GB of ram but his computer works like 1/4th as fast as mine! And he certainly is unaware of how to use a PC. So you can't really blame HP, though partly for making sensitive computers... :)All you can do is tell him to switch to another company or better yet assemble a PC on your own, I prefer assembled ones over the ones from companies like HP, Compaq and stuff like that.

I used to have a hp computer, wasn't the fastest of computers, but is good for the average home user, but considering evryone here knows how to write html, we aren't the average home user are we?

I have a HP and it has a Pentium 4 3.06 ghz and it does an ok job of execution not as good as a faster pentium 4 or a core duo but it gets the job done. It has 960 mb of ram wich it is supposed to be 1gb but it really is only 960, and on average I use about 400 mb of the 960. It also came with a Ati Xpress 200 video "card" if you want to call it a piece of hardware it is not like a good ole ati card. It is a chipset that looks to the memory and other computer hardware for help.So this will really drag your computer down mostly in the area of games crashing. Because once all your memory is being used it will no longer be able to read intructions and that will cause an internal read error.Also a firewall and virus software is important. If you don't have any of these and you try downloading and surfing the net without it then you will have some serious problems. I know that hp's come with norton and you will have to keep a subscription with symantec then things will work alot better also try to defragment after you have installed or downloaded alot of files or moved them. Always use add or remove programs to get rid or your files and well I can't use disc cleanup because my computer came with xp only no disc and that means that I cannot repair the lost dll caches.But hey it still works fine using defagment,norton and lots and lots of gaming.And about the video card thats in mine I can play some games and I can even use some 3d editing sofware but as woth ati video cards bugs are a problem so I would reccomend a nvida card.