xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Programming Batch Job

I want to know how to make a batch file that will run a program at a certain time of day, like a scheduled thing, but i want it in a batch.. lol.. Easy enough?If you give me permission i can edit it to the program i want Lol.. just put it in code tags! Thanks!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title must be specific. Modified.

What you are looking for is called a 'cronjob' and would be available once you are Hosted.Various Operating Systems have different systems in place for Task Managers to perform these 'scheduled' jobs. Windows has theirs stuffed away under Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks. Might start there to see what you can find if you are running XP.

dude, tramposch, if u can get that to work tell me, cuz then we might be able to make it so the server runs ever 30m, making it a 24/7 thing..That would be like awesome!

You can create a simple batch file with the following...open notepad, then type the following:

@echo offstart "notepad.exe"exit

save as filename.cmd or batthen save it.Use scheduled tasks to run it in a particular day or time....