xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nol

Couple Of Ideas For Sub-forums

Well I have a couple of new forum ideas for here...First is InvisionFree Skinning. Since Invisionfree is IPB but just a way older version, I think it would be nice for a section of invisionfree skinning. This would be a great addition to the graphics community, and it might just boost up activity considering that there could be a database, and since invisionfree has over 1 million users using it, then it would be intresting to have rare skins here. Then people would be able to critique another part of skinning. I'd be willing to chip in a few tutorials, and things that I made just for skinning.Another good addition would be Website Templates, just like skinning, and since this is a web host forum, why not web design templates? Another way to make people more active on these forums! Their just thoughts but what do you think?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please, make your topic title specific--a one line summary of your post. Title modified.

Thank you for your suggestions.We have a dedicated GFX section with tutorials and web template resources. T17 GFX crew are available for any sig/banner request and other graphics savvy members can participate at any time.A new forum sections are created as needed, however, it depends on the popularity. So for now all graphics related subjects are posted under GFX section. When certain topics are created more than others we can create its own sub-forum later.In the mean time would you like to demonstrate by designing IP.B skin for our GFX section? There was a discussion before but the loading time of new skin was way too long. The new skin MUST be fast loading even for dial-up members.

Trust me on this Invision Free Skinning wouldn't do much boosting here since most of the major skins sites have cornered that market and they are gfx heavy forums as well. Of course to cover the thinking about this is copyright issue's as well, since you would have to be the original poster of that skin and not just copy and paste it or mods and admin will have to deal with people ripping skins from other people. It's plausible but unrealistic to create those subforums as I have seen a few hundred IPBfree skin sites most of them you can find on invisionfree board so again you can just go to the directory and look there.@buff Invisionfree skins are a lot different then IP skins due to the fact that Invision Free skins are based on IPB 1.3 and not 2.2.x so the coding structure is about 6-8 version different then it is now.