xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Warner Bros. Donates For Tasmanian Devil

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Most people know about the cartoon character called the Tasmanian Devil that you see on some Bugs Bunny cartoons. The real Tasmanian Devils are in Tasmania, Australia. They are being threatened though by a contagious cancer that causes facial tumors. It is starting to spread to the south and also to the west endangering the animals as a whole. Nine-tenths of the animals have died in the past ten years and aren't expected to last another five without help. This is where Warner Brothers comes in. They are coming out with a new DVD and for every DVD sold they are going to donate 82 cents/1 Australian Dollar to the University of Tasmania to help the animals. This money will be used to help transfer the existing Taz to a new location like an island or help heal their cancer.

I think this is really nice of them to help out the animal, especially since their cartoon Taz is based off of it. This helps strengthen the awareness of the problem as well and maybe more people will try to help. I'm not really an animal loving guy but it is sad to see an animal die off. It's funny though, because I never really heard of the the Tasmanian Devil species. I've seen the cartoon but never once thought it was a real animal.

Thats really nice for Warner Bros to do that. I knew that Taz was real, but never knew Warner Bros cared about animals. I never knew they cared at all. But that was areally nice of them to do that. I have a new respect for Warner Bros now!

That's really cool, but I don't really know if 82 cents per DVD is going to be enough to solve this problem... I guess it's the thought that counts, but they're still in it for the profit, and perhaps they're just doing this to sell more copies of their movie... if they're only donating say, 5% of the cost of the movie, then it will probably end up that their sales will be increased under the guise of charity work by more than five percent, so they'll be making more money because people feel good about buying the product...Sad, really, but at least it's towards a good cause.