xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

How To Treat Abrasions Do you know how to?

Hi,I went skating last night with a coupe of my friends, and now i have a HUGE abrasion on the side of my left calf. How lond does it take them to go away? How do i treat them?So if you know how to just post here.

I'm no expert myself but I believe it will heal in a few days, depending on how deeply abraded the skin was. Of course, just don't irritate the skin further. I think applying petroleum jelly on the area might help :)

Depending on how deep you scraped yourself up, it should be fine in a few days or so. You might want to *gently* clean the scrape (pat it with water - don't rub it or use a washcloth or anything like that) and pat it dry...then apply some antibiotic ointment. You can also put gauze over the area for a few days - a good idea if you use any topical medicines on it. That way, the medicines will work better - and you won't have to worry about smearing them on your clothes, bed sheets, et cetera.

I just wondered if anyone knew that if a wound does not have a lot of dirt on it OT any foreign object in it then u don't need to cleanse it, blood is sterile so the act of bleeding actually cleans the woundSo for minor cuts that r clean and nothing embedded in them just leave them alone with cleansingCaz :)