xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kushan10

A Few Sigs I Made.

I'm new to using photoshop so none of this is going to be very good but please comment and reply saying how to improve (constructive criticism :) ) or just comment on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As I said before please comment. :)

I love all the sigs , they look neat and professional.why dont you share your knowledge by making a tutorial on the effects you've used.

well, u wanted some comment, so here it goes,(btw,this is only what i think u can improove in oke),lets start i have a lil list for u-make ur signatures smaller in height ideal size are width 400x100 height-use another font,cause the text aint good,dafont.com has good fonts u can download for free- don't over brush ur sign,what i mean is add more than only brushes on ur sign if u use a larger sign size-and use bigger rendr,like on ur sign 3--wich i think is pretty good--best of them all,alltho u can see that u used an pictures and erased the background, u blendet the render good with the background,-don't use a pattern overlay, it messes ur signs up. if u still do it only do the corner partsthese are just some tips ,i personaly think u could change in to get better at it,but because ur new i think ur doing a good job, well gl with having fun with photoshop if u need any help i'll be happy to help u out

First one..

Lay off on the scan lines a bit, it is making the sig too dark, and hiding what is under it, you can lower the opacity. or maybe set it to a different layer type, or space it out just a bit more, but still lower the opacity a bit. The text looks horrible, it looks a bit like halo text, you should try to locate the text that has more shape to it, or use the one that only has a border, I will try to find it for you, if you want, and host it on here for you.

Signature 2

Well, I have to say, the scan lines (if they are scan lines, they look kinda cross hatchy) are good, but maybe make spaces a bit bigger, and is that ... a like mosiac pixel thing on the bottom right corner(sharpened) , if it is, you should brigten that up more, because I love that style, if you don't know what i am talking about here is an example:

Posted Image

Now do you know what i mean?

The little boxes on the left.. I think you should of kept that effect more..

The text is not very good, It could be better, but is sufficiant.

Numoro (spanish i think) toi (french i think)

Well, it is great! But where is your name? Could it possibly be ripped? Or am i just missing out the name part, sorry if it wasnt, and if i am accusing you falsly.

Things that you should work on on that sig are:

You see that effect by the right arm? You should add that more around the image, i think its kind of a smudge sharpened. But i am not sure. It looks nice with the signature, and you should most definatly size it down!

Add some text, maybe just like basic text, all you need is like veredana with a nice design around it, then voila your signature is completed.

Number Four..

Hm...

Abstract brush spammage? Tell me if i am wrong, it seems a bit dark, kind of blurred, and the text could be more.. inviting. It doesnt really catch my eye.

heres my perspective

First Sig

serious lack in render quality. Very choppy, backround doesn't seem to fit very much. Maybe set the opacity of the render to about 75% or so. Text could use some undoing, and maybe make the text less visible? Maybe even a different color?

Second Sig

Again the render isn't to the best of its ability, and it sticks out too much with backround. The text is okay, and the border isn't very good.

Third Sig

Render is at a satisfactory level, backround is a little bare, but overall its a good sig

Fourth Sig

Text Sticks out way too much, otherwise its a good sig!

I don't mean to seem like im a flammer, but this is what I see. I do it for a lot of people, its just easier to put across my ideas. When making a sig maybe do 400x100-400x150, that usually seems like the universal number for size.

Job well done. I really like the last 2. And dont worry about the text sticking out too much i dont feel that is the case. Good use of colour and lighting. Good blending on the first two although i do feel they are a bit empty. Well done keep your work coming.