xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zergber

Bored Of Games?

If you are bored of playing games and you can't find anything else to do you could try to start to make your own!It is very fun when you make your games, you can make your own genre, characters and all. All you just have to do is download GameMaker from yoyogames.com and start making your games! It has a very simple system and you can also use scripts and make multiplayer games! Have fun :)

I try to make games. It often doesn't work out too well, though I try to hand code my own engine since it gives me the satisfaction that I didn't use a crutch to make a game - I made the entire thing using my own talent, though I've only successfully completed one game, and a poor one at that.

Easier said than done my friend! lolWell they have some premade little programs that kind of help you along but that really isn't making your own game.My friend, hippiman on the forums, makes his own flash games. He is getting better having just started this year. I think he has them on his webpage.I suggest starting very simple, but in the end you may need the help of many friends to get it completed.GOOD LUCK though!

Post few of yours, I'm interrested :) It's really interesting how you can set up a whole game just from a small aplication, I should read it's documentation and learn more :DKeep up Game-Making :P

I have to admit that I have gotten bored of video games from time to time, but I have never been able to make successful video games either. I guess it is a lot harder to think of a plot summary, characters, and what is even going to happen than I first thought! Then digitalizing it is just a whole other story haha. I have to say that I have attempted it quite a few times, and I have attempted other things like making a magazine, book, etc. etc. I guess it helps keep my mind of video games and a great thing to do when you are bored period!

I'm taking Java right now in school so I'm hoping that will help me get started on making a small video game application, or modifying others. Not to steal video games but just so I can kind of put my own story, characters, and other things in the game.

t is very fun when you make your games, you can make your own genre, characters and all. All you just have to do is download GameMaker from yoyogames.com

Thanks I might try this out! If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them as well. I love finding new games and if you ever need a tester I would love to help hehe. Post more guys I'll keep a scope out :P

I've been thinking making my own game. A little neaty game, that shouldnt be too big. Something like an oldschool bandit game, rob stores and lay low in a theif nest til the heat is off.After looking in a game dev forum I pretty soon found that just the spray gun script in cannon fodderis a hell of a work to master inplenting in a game. Of course there are a few really good get-started-with-your-new-game-project, but often just there to aid you in the frames of a time and patience demanding work.