xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forbez

World In Conflict

West Germany, 1988. To avoid certain collapse, the Soviet army boldly advances into Europe. NATO responds only to be met on a second front -- a diversionary attack on the American homeland. You are a field commander, leading the era's most powerful military machines in the campaign to retake America's cities and suburbs.

World in Conflict is under development by the leading creative and technical minds at Massive Entertainment, creators of the innovative and award-winning Ground Control series.

This game looks awesome. You get:

Superpowered Warfare

Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by best-selling author and Cold War authority, Larry Bond.

MassTech Engine

The latest version of Massive's proprietary engine allows for a full 360 range of camera control, allowing you to get right down into the midst of battle.

Demolish Everything

Destroy every object in the game - crush cars, destroy buildings, burn forests!

Drop-in Multiplayer

Join on-going games and immediately help your team take control of the map.

Fast-paced Teamplay

Master four different battlefield roles; Air, Armor, Infantry and Support, in the ultimate online teamplay experience.

Super Weapons

Unleash ground-shaking artillery barrages, napalm strikes, and awesome tactical nukes that turn the tide of battle.

This game is a must buy I will post later when it is out for sale. But trust me, this looks good.

Wow and to think the Cold War is one of the last things I learned about in history class this year so I understand what's going on. This looks like a pretty good game as well as Medal of Honor Airborne which I just finished reading about. It'd be cool if you could choose a side to fight on but that'd make for a large game. I like the idea of being able to destroy everything. That adds even more fun because I love destruction. Can't wait for this one to come out either, looks like I'll be renting a lot of games soon. The idea of seeing all sides of the fighting field is also nice, lets you into the eyes of all that happens during a battle.

Go on Youtube and "Youtube it". There are loads of movies for it. This game looks good. Hopefully it will do well, but there hasn't been much advertising for it. So I think this game may not do well. I'm not even sure if I am buying it. I may get the demo to see how good it is. But that would probably be it. If the demo amazes me, then I will buy iy.

Here the first two of five how to play videos which examines the basic gameplay and the special unit abilities from World in Conflict, courtesy of GameTrailers.com.

The first video explains the basic gameplay of the game, including camera angles, unit movement and mission objectives. The developer of the game uses a tank platoon for this demonstration. This also applies to multiplayer.

Basic gameplay:
(Play time - 7:41)
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The second video examines the special abilities and tactical aids for the units and entire gameplay. Examples include flares and Hellfire missile for air units, and smoke for tank units. A helicopter squad is used for the demonstration.

Special abilities/tactical aids:
(Play time - 4:50)
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The game looks absolutely sick. It's one of a handful that I would actually design a PC to specifically run the game well. :) Actually, that's the reason why I picked out the HP zd8000. I wanted to play FEAR.Downloading the in-game footage now...

I played the multiplayer beta, it was alot slower than Supreme Commander, but now the rushing tactic no longer works.I remember when I liked being armour but since I always get killed by Air I became support. I like support now because of its long range artillery, I never liked leading my troops to fight on the front line.World in Conflict really allowed to play tactically rather than just building a whole blockade of tanks and rushing.I haven't played the retail game yet but might buy it after I complete my computer project and finish two other planned things (Collect Warhammer figurings, and Start a game collection)

World in Conflict is a great game for a group of ppl that wanting to play and work together as a team.For team tactics this game is really good, having all of the team members working together to provide tacticle support, front men for the grinding, armour for the back up, all in all if your team doesnt work together then you get run over like a bug infront of a giant shoe.While its still got a rush component i find that it lacks the micro management of supreme commander

This game and one of those games that any player likes, and without doubt one of the best games of its kind. The history is very attractive, although short. Their graphics are very good, even when the minimum. The sounds are something from another world. The sound of aircraft, tanks and the explosions makes us believe that we are in the middle of the conflict. To play this game is necessary a computer with high resources.I recommend! :rolleyes: