xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
greenyb118

Global Warming Is A Lie

Everybody is going to die. And it's all your fault. That's right, you. Because you drive a car, you are driven in a car or you have used aeroplanes. Also, your leaving on of lights is destroying the world as we know it. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this from some holier-than-thou position - I'm just as guilty so I'm told. In order to stop the ugly beast of Global Warming in its tracks Golden Gordon has decided that the answer is less road travel, or at least that roads should only be travelled in the automotive equivalent of an asthmatic tortoise. Fisrtly, of course, this is an utter load of rubbish as the comparatively miniscule emissions savings wont make the blindest bit of difference, even if global warming is anthropogenic (our big word for the day). Besides which the idea that if motorists are taxed until their pockets bleed then they will use public transport instead just doesn't hold up. Why? Because at the same time as raising car taxes, train and bus fares have also increased!Even if this were not the case nobody in their right mind would take a bus over a car - or could for that matter. For it to be as convenient there would have to be a bus service from outer Crowthorne to Farnborough 57 times a day and never mind the people that want to go to Scunthorpe for the day to visit auntie Mabel. It's just not going to happen.So leave your lights on, wash your clothes 2 degrees higher than you're told to, for the love of God don't drive a diesel and use your car as often as possible, even when there's no real need to. Burn fossil fuels in your back garden. Just because you can.Whatever you do though, don't buy a Land Rover if you live in a city. You just look like a prat.

There have always been warm periods in history - the most recent being the Medieval Warm Period but the world didn't ground to a halt! And the reason why the Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change say nothing? Because if they do, about 90% of them will be out of a job, which they obviously don't want. Their results are biased in favour of the theory! But don't just take my word for it. There are many thousands of qualified scientists who have organised a petition against it and you can view the scientists here:

http://oism.org/pproject/

So leave your lights on, wash your clothes 2 degrees higher than you're told to, for the love of God don't drive a diesel and use your car as often as possible, even when there's no real need to. Burn fossil fuels in your back garden. Just because you can.

What? How silly! This is as silly as promoting anarchy! First off, why would you want to leave your lights on during the day? Plus, that would so rank up your electric bill. Likewise with the 2 degrees higher for laundry (cold water is fine, really). It's worse enough with gas prices to be using your car excessively. Don't even get me talking on burning fossil fuels, especially in the privacy of your own home! Did you even consider people's income when you mention this? What's so bad about caring for your environment? Convenience comes with a price—more ways than one. Everyone wants a better place to live, but their actions say otherwise—when they just sit still and complain, doing nothing to make the world better.

Global warming is not really a lie. The effect exists and we can observe global temperature changes. What may be a lie is the impact of humans on this process. There is no doubt that humans have played a part in removing ozone from the atmosphere, by releasing CFCs into the atmosphere, which destroy ozone and allow the Earth to warm up slightly. Releasing a concoction of other gases have contributed to the greenhouse effect. Without this effect, the planets temperature would plummet and we would be dead. Too much of it, however, and heat cannot escape Earth's atmosphere, but is instead reradiated back down to us. This causes a warming effect to. Very small amounts of greenhouse-effect-causing chemicals have been released by humans compared to the considerable amount of CO2 in the atmosphere causing the same thing to happen.

Less road travel would help. Cars (along with anything burning fossil fuels) pump out gases that can kill you, warm the planet and cause acid rain. However, consider the amount pumped out by factories and power stations. Surely it is in their interests to reduce the amount of fuel they are using and find cleaner alternatives, to avoid dealing with the gases given off? The cost of power for major companies is collossal. For example, Google gets its own super efficient power supplies made for its data centres, to lower their power bills.

The Government shouldn't be focussing on the people, but on the companies. If the companies and manufacturers are forced to reduce waste, become more efficient, use environmentally-friendly packaging, etc. then this will have a massive effect on the gases 'released' by the UK each year. However, compared to the rest of the world (especially the USA, China and India) the UK is actually a relatively minor polluter.

Oh yes, let's waste resources and let's make so much pollution as we can... just because we can! That's freedom, those are our rights as rulers of the world... it amazes me how stupid can people be.Of course we are not gonna drown by the ice melting tomorrow, but it's happening, and one day much probably, the human race will become extinct, unless we find a way to reverse it or (more likely) to escape from planet earth and go anywhere if we find there the required conditions to live. So we will be recycling and using public transport to make a balance because there are stupid, irresponsible people like the one who wrote this post. It's true that policies should start from the companies, but we have to act locally, that's the only thing that is on our hand. And demonstrate too, but who cares?

yea, but people said that the cfcs weren't going to effect the vast amounts of ozone, but they were wrong wern't they. Humans are not causing, but merely sppeding up the process of global warming, then there'll be global cooling, which may be more severe. I suggest seeing The Day After Tomorrow someday.

Global warming is a problem but this isn't the first period of it. There are always going to be periods of global warming but the pollutants and carbon emittance in the air isn't going to help it any and it'll make it worse and longer lasting. Yes it'll get hotter anyway, but not as hot as it may if we cut down some on our driving or fossil fuel burning. If everyone tried to cut down a little bit it'd help but people ignore it anyway. No it isn't the end of the world, but we should cut down some to avoid 100 degree summers.

I tend to view this global warming issue from both sides of the fence. I know that there is global warming to some degree, but I also know that it's not just the fault of the humans that live in the world.All through out the history of the earth, the climate has changed. Think about the ice age. When the glaciers went and took over for a while. If that were to happen now, would we all freak out and say 'Global freezing! Global Freezing! We must all turn our heaters up to tropical levels and leave the windows wide open! Do your part to end global freezing!"Okay, that would just be silly. Especially since it's not something that would likely happen over night, but over a long period of time. Just like global warming. There's those words again - global warming.So, it's getting warmer now... which scientists have proven has happened before, because the earth works on a cycle. It's gets warmer, it gets colder... it changes all the time. It never stays the same. Thing is... this time, we are helping it along a little to make the cycle happen faster.I don't believe it when they say that we are the sole cause of global warming, but I do think we are a little at fault. We as people, are speeding things up. Is that bad, is that good? I have no idea. If we cut out anything that could make the world warmer, would we halt the gradual warming of our planet? I doubt it. I just think we would go through the warm cycle a little slower than we are.That said... I don't think that we should just stop trying to be 'greener'. Everything that we do to that effect, helps the environment out, which is a good thing. It makes for less smog, and less garbage, and doesn't eat away at all of our fossil fuels so fast. I see that as a plus. Green is good.(This post should in no way be used as a fact... I am not a scientist... but these are just my opinions on the matter. I have no means to back up my opinions other than things that I've read, seen or dreamed up myself.)

Have you ever seen "inconvinient truth"? That movie shows that this warm period is a real problem. The warm period in the middle ages was nothing compared to what's going on now. Go take a look at that and tell this is just like the middle ages. Also, there are so many people in the world, if everyone switch to energy efficient lightbulbs and cut, oh 10 miles of driving a week we could cut about 20% of our pollution, and that's not even getting into the energy efficient appliances and unplugging stuff when your not using them.This warm period is a problem, if we don't do anything about it we may just end up with a "Day After Tomarrow" scenario. And me living in Arizona, cannot stand 30 F temperatures during the summer.

I think global warming is overrated. I remember reading something which is why I think this way:Assume global warming is true and is occuring right now. Now consider how global warming?actually?happens.?The?excess?amount?of?greenhouse?gases?in?the?atmosphere create?a?sort?of?planet?wide?greenhouse,?that?is,?that?the?heat?from?the?sun?enters?earths?atmosphere?in?the?form of infrared radiation but is not allowed to escape from it because of change in its wavelength (these gasses block certain wavelengths of electromagnetic waves). So the temperature rises. OK, so far so good, but now think about the effects this rise of temperature would have on the atmosphere instead of how it would affect our lives. One obvious effect would be the increased rate?of?evaporation?of?water.?So?now?we?have?more?water?vapour?in?the?air?and?what?will?more?water?vapour in?the?atmosphere?do??It?will?reflect?off?sun rays?so?less?infrared?rays?would?enter?the?atmosphere?in?the?first?place?nullifying?the?greenhouse?effect.? So that is why I think Global Warming is just over hyped, the earth has a system that can take care of itself and some smoke from our cars and factories can't hurt it.

Also, there are so many people in the world, if everyone switch to energy efficient lightbulbs and cut, oh 10 miles of driving a week we could cut about 20% of our pollution

The estimate of 20% seems drastically large. I very much doubt that one fifth of the world's pollution comes from lightbulbs and people driving to work. Plus, for most people, cutting 10 miles a week from their driving is difficult. Public transport doesn't go where its needed, and where it does go it ends up late.

In the UK, 5 companies (EON, nPower, Drax, Corus and EDF) produce over 100 million tonnes of CO2 per year. All of the motorists combined produce 91 million tonnes. It is major industry, not the average householder, that needs to be targeted.

One obvious effect would be the increased rate of evaporation of water. So now we have more water vapour in the air and what will more water vapour in the atmosphere do? It will reflect off sun rays so less infrared rays would enter the atmosphere in the first place nullifying the greenhouse effect.

Actually, water vapour is a greenhouse effect causer. It absorbs some of the infrared radiation from the Earth's surface, and reradiates some of it back to the surface. Unfortunately, water does not reflect heat away from the planet.

Certain countries have a very good record of low pollution levels, while others do relatively poorly. Each person, on average, in the US emits just over 20 tonnes of CO2 per year. Each person in Australia emits roughly 18 tonnes. Compare this to the UKs 9.2 tonnes or Frances 6.2 tonnes and it is clear that certain countries have a far greater impact on the world.

Obviously we can't STOP Global Warming. But we can help slow it down. One way is to develop alternative materials that would emit less pollution to the environment. We are already in the process and I just hope we can use these technological advances in this lifetime. Using water for electricity instead of fossil fuels is the right way to go. Wind power, solar power are good too. I think the main factor that is speeding up the global warming process is the use of fossil fuels because of CO2 emissions. If we can reduce this compound, then global warming will slow down.Global warming is part of nature. The reason why we're so concerned about it now is that we're helping to speed it up. Yes it's happened many times before, but were there cars back then? factories releasing tons of gas in the air? Was there electricity back then? Obviously the answer to that is no.So don't just say that it's no big deal just because it's happened before and nothing bad happened. Think about the technological boom in "20 YEARS!" Technology has advanced so much and it won't stop. If we don't raise awareness about global warming caused by these technologies we use, then soon this earth will not be a safe place to live in.

... then soon this earth will not be a safe place to live in.

Heh, the earth is already not a safe place to live in. :) Do you know how many deaths are committed a year? How many evildoers there are? In some, if not many, neighborhoods you have to worry about getting shot or struck or robbed, etc. You even have to worry about natural disasters. As far as i'm concerned, the earth can only become a worser place to live—which, apparently, feels like it slightly is every day.

When people say global warming is a myth and I just point to Venus. It's an extreme example, but it's proof of concept that if there is enough CO2 in the atmosphere, we can really screw it up.

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

I do feel like people are getting too worried about the whole issue. Has was stated earlier, there's been warm perioids before. There's also been very cold periods, but they had nothing to do with green house gases or any of that crap. Saying global warming is rising because of the rise in green house gases is pretty much saying that global warming is rising because the amount of pirates is decreasing.It's just a theory, but people are getting out of hand with it. I once watched a show on solar flares, and I think it said they happen every 100 years (Or something happens that heats up the planet for a bit) and there's one due some time soon/a bit ago, so I don't see why that can't be it.(Btw, the above statement may be false :) I have very crap memory)