xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matak

My Designs I will post my template designs here

My new design is my personal homepage. It's in my native language, but i guess when you just look at the design it's like reviewing "Lorem ipsum dorem" pages.

Feel free to comment or suggest.

New desing: Here's da new design link :)

Old Design:

Well this is my first template design. I need to mention that i wasn't 100% free in designing this starcraft template couse most of the gfx were made/found by a friend of mine whom i'm designing this website for.

Old design: Here's da Link!

Edited by matak (see edit history)

:) Nice job. Validates with zero errors. Well organized layout, clean code. I like it.Image is grainy, but I like the full background with the top and bottom both having something to look at. Good work. Let's see more...

Like haslip mention the code is clean which is always good, but me being a gfx person the images you got are just not working, the border leave a halo around the edges and the jagginess of them doesn't fit well either. The background should blend in smoothly and not stand out so much. Best route to go is fill in the rest of the background to replace the black background you have, your coding is good the actual display needs some work.

It's all right but I must say the graphics aren't as good as they could be. First the JPG artifacts are quite prominent. You can see them most around the letters CFC. This can usually be fixed by raising JPG Quality before saving, or using another format like PNG. It's also of my opinion that the blur/filter used on the graphics could have been left out for a cleaner more professional look, but that's all you. Finally the uneven borders of the graphics are kind of cool and I see where you were going but it could use some anti-aliasing as it's very choppy and not smooth to the eyes.Anywho, it's all opinion, take what you want from it!Sean

Thanks guys for the positive reactions. Well i mentioned that GFX was made/found by my friend so i kinda couldn't influence that couse i didn't get .psd but .jpg files.Also this is pretty much basic template, and for the next one i'm gonna do something more unique, and i hope to make gfx's on me own, for that.I'm not that good in GFX, but it's obvious that i need to learn that if i want to be web designer :)

Well, for your first template, I must say, this is one of the mor impressive designs I've seen. Awsome awsome work. But what is that in the top picture? i wish you could do a little more explaining in your post. But none of the less, very impressive and good work!

Ok, sorry mods for that way ot post in website reviews i forgot it's supposed to go in website showcase.
Here is my second, latest design i wanted to show of, and here few good words about it.

Thanks for replies! :XD:

I just tried to check out your first design but mozilla said there was a problem loading the page, is it only viewable in Ie?I did however see your second design, very nice work:) :XD:

Edited by Archangel_Baw (see edit history)

I just tried to check out your first design but mozilla said there was a problem loading the page

oh, sorry i should edit that.. and change the link.. first design is old, and not in use i think..
i'll find it somewhere on my PC an change the link

after not beeing hosted at trap anymore lot's of my links are broken.. :XD:

thanks for the good comments on New design

EDIT: repaired the broken link :)
Edited by matak (see edit history)

I would definitely shrink the size of the main header image. It takes up way too much of the page on a 1024 x 768 screen. People want content not fancy images so if you can provide both, they are amazed. Make that smaller, improve the text on it so that it stands out more, and the site should be good. I like how your code is valid.

@ffanatics, i guess your comments were for the design in post no #1

please check out this my NEW design.
this was not a good idea to put all designs in same topic :XD:

just to comment on the image sizes of the new design, it's
33,3 KB (34.128 bytes)-> files

68,0 KB (69.632 bytes)->on disk

and i'm going to edit the post#1 so people don't mistake designs again :)

Thanks for the review :D

Yes, awesome site design, all though some of the colors do look a little strainy on the eyes, but it is well planned out by the way it looks, so u should be proud of yourself, maybe revising colors would make it excellent. but still looks good

personally I enjoy the old design, if you took away the flying ships :]I take a personal liking to smaller websites with nice color schemesAnd the code is simple and flawless, great work :]