xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TrueBlade

Advise For New Players Of Sherwood Dungeon hints tip and strategies for winning battles

Advice to new players :)

I don't know of any cheats except possibly GOD MODE which I have heard people talking about but I have never used it.

But the best way to win battles with other players is to use the tricks of the game to your own advantage!!! By tricks I mean using the way the game itself is set up, (no outside codes)

One of my favorite tricks is the blocking trick.

if you block successfully 3 times in a row, your next clean shot will do double or triple damage to your opponent. this is especially effective when you are beginning to lose a fight. Block 1,2,3 hit, block 1,2,3 hit, and so on until you destroy your opponent. Also, most newbies will think they have beaten you so they will be more aggressive and block less, leaving themselves open for the final shot.

Also there is a trick to casting your talisman that most newbies wont know.

Your greatest danger in a fight is when you cast your talisman because you leave yourself open for counter attack. So more experienced players develop ways of guarding they're exposed arm as quickly as possible. My way of guarding myself is to hold ctr-shift while I hit tab which makes my hand not go up at all or very slightly, thus more protected against a stab. Experienced players will exploit your unguarded cast to great advantage. Sometimes fights are won or lost in that way.

One final note to new players, in this fighting game patience is a requirement to winning. All newbies must learn this. Wait for the opening don't try to force your way in that is the surest path to defeat. Don't just hammer away at your opponent, that will just leave you open to counter-attacks. I cant stress this enough Keep Practicing!!! Blocking often and striking only when you have an open shot will give you the best chance to win!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!!! :)

TrueBlade: (yes this is the same post as before but I wanted people to find it easier)

Edited by TrueBlade (see edit history)

Advice to new players continued ...... :)

Timing is a critical element in Sherwood Dungeon. All newbies get frustrated early in their playing experience because winning against seasoned players is so hard. Keep in mind that veteran players have honed their skills and developed a sense of timing, by this I mean the precise time to attack and or block. One of the most realistic features of the game is that a player can not block continually for long periods of time. The shield in their hand will move up and down as the player presses ctr-shift, making opportunities for the more experienced player to score a hit while the other is blocking. By watching the movement of the shield or arm, a good player will throw shots that will go around the defense and score hits.

Also, the experienced player will adapt the flow of his or her attacks to the pattern of the other player's. By this I mean that each player has a flow or rhythm of fighting, and so an experienced player can anticipate when his opponent will attack, and attack or block accordingly. The experienced player will match his or her fighting style to that of their opponent, giving them a sense of when their oppenent will strike, and thus allowing him to strike first. This takes time to learn and is as much instinct as intellect. Don't get frustrated! these players did not become good overnight and neither will you. give yourself time and practice to learn the art of fighting, just as you would learn any other discipline. :)

Watch more experienced players learn from them, ask them to show you what they have learned. The more you hang around truly good players the better you will become. I have learned much from my friends, Beast, LuckyStrike, WarEagle, Ghost-Rider Col.GrenDel and many others. Find players that want to help and listen to them. :(

TrueBlade: (yes this also is the same post, I want people to find these it might help them)

Edited by TrueBlade (see edit history)

Bad Gaming Behavior in Sherwood :)

I thought I would list here some of the different ways in which players on Sherwood can be undesirable for their game behavior, by that I mean runners, interlopers, back-stabbers, double teamers, and generally those who will use any backhanded dirty trick to win a fight or make you lose a fight. Or those who just like to make havoc for you and make your life frustrating.

Runners - those run from a fair fight after they start loosing. They have no honor. :(

Interlopers - those who like to cut in on a fight they are not involved in because their buddy or clan member is involved, or simply because they are sadistic and enjoy destructive behavior. These people are the most frustrating!!!!!! :P

Back-stabbers - those who like to get behind you in a fight to hit you while avoiding your hits. These people are especially cunning and cowardly, avoid them they will not fight fairly. :)

Double teaming - of course this is obvious, players who don't fight fair 1 on 1 matches. :(

Gang Fights - like interlopers, it starts out with a 1 on 1 fight and before you know what is happening you have 5 or more players fighting in a knot and you are in the middle. I really hate that. :(

(note: I am not talking about organized clan wars, they can be fun!!!)

One of the frustrating things about Sherwood Dungeon is that because there is no structure or oversight, players can do just about anything they want with no retaliation or reprisal. Except this kind of behavior when you come to play, and avoid friendships with those who practice this behavior. There are a few players who are descent and honorable and want to play fairly, enjoying the game for its own sake not for scoring kills. Find players of this quality and your gaming experience will be less frustrating. :)

My advise to avoid a lot of these problems is when you find someone you want to fight who is honorable (fair minded) ask him or her to meet you in a less crowded chat room so that you will enjoy playing much better. Besides its fun to have best out of 5 matches with the same player that doesn't turn in to a free for all. :)

TrueBlade:

THERE ARE CHEATS FOR THIS GAME, ONLY DOWNLOAD THE CHEAT ENGINE(it's a name not the progam tipe)AND A LOTS OF "GLITCHS" THE ERRORS, LIKE GETTING UP INTO A RAIL, THERE ARE A FILE THAT IF U CHANGE IT U CAN HAVE THE LVL 8500!!!BUT IT'S USELESS BECAUSE XPLVLS DON'T MATTER....

Yes there is cheats, but either way, those tricks are quite useful for new players.I admit I cheat, but this does not include in fights. I know pvp cheats but prefer just to do things like jump and such.

To Dance-press the up and down arrow keys at the same time (hold)To Dance-press the up and down arrow keys at the same time (hold)To Dance-press the up and down arrow keys at the same time (hold)To Dance-press the up and down arrow keys at the same time (hold)To Dance-press the up and down arrow keys at the same time (hold)ONLY FOR... http://www.maidmarian.com/Sherwood.htm

Spam....yes and the /level /teleport /who /report /opengl things....And I am working on becoming admin in sherwood with a hack, it will be nice,have all the power in sherwood and be able to kick and ban and all

changing%20chat%20rooms

Advise For New Players Of Sherwood Dungeon

Hey, I need help changing chat rooms I read the help list and tried the following: /join 5 ... But it doesnt work!! I'm so frustrated. Please help me I'm in need of it thanks.

-GADawgs3

godmode

How do you use godmode with cheat engine? maidmarian sherwood

-question by spade

Cheat engine god mode ring hack is:Get a healing ring, equip it (best if level 8500) and in cheat engine scan the value of the health increase (+##### health)Now change the results to 999999999 and you will be invincible.

why did you do this

Why did you put so the same cheat whitch isent a cheat so many times

Are you talking to me? I didn't post it so many times unless people asked for it so many times...Anyway, just realized we shouldn't be talking about cheats here anyway, this is for 'Advise' ..So, I would suggest people learn on this game to do 2 things, DOUBLE and GHOST HIT.If you ever notice a player looks 'glitched' or 'speed moves, etc' it's probably doubling.Remember something in this game. What you see on your screen is a whole different story from another persons scree. If you ever make a clone of yourself using a different browser, you know that pressing ctrl will attack on both browsers. Notice how the person on the second browser responds with the attack a second or so after the first, even though ctrl was pressed at the same time.Now, to do a double, you must wait until your arms go down. If you attack, your arms do the attack, then revert to a single position with every move before moving down. Right as it's moving down, quickly tap ctrl a few times. On the other screen, at the time of your double, your still doing the regular attack. For this reason, the attack 'glitches' or doubles.....causing a double hit in the same second, causing criticals in most cases (if you pile it up with triples and stuff)Now a ghost hit is a little different. Sometimes when your attacking, you block during your attack and the attack is converted to a block, yet you still hit the opponent. This is a ghost hit. You can merge these with doubles to really do some damage. Learn this stuff well, practice well, and soon you'll be killing the opponents well!