xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kp2

Australian Football (soccer)

Used to watch the Brisbane Strikers a long time ago in the now defunct NSL, but do keep an eye on the performances of the Qld Roar when they play.

Any Australian football (soccer) fans in here?
What are your thoughts on last season, the upcoming season, future of Australian soccer etc...

1. Yes I encourage the Real Football.

2. Since I came to Australia 20 years ago, I dislike what the Austrlian call it Football (Footy). It is double lie to call it football while it is not ball [sphere] and most of the time that call it ball is in the hands.

3. Morever, I consider that Australian Footy a vilont game. While the International football [soccer] is art, engineer and can be played by girls.

4. By the way that Footy is not recognised by the olympic games.

Thanks so much, kasm, for sharing your enlightened view of the world with us. Thanks so much for bagging our Australian culture but nevertheless living in Australia for 20 years. If you really want to call the round ball game 'football' then go back to where ever you crawled from.And learn a litte history on your way. Australian football (the real one) pre-dates soccer and is more like the way that most football was played in England in the mid nineteenth century. Did you know that the original rules of soccer allowed players to catch the ball with their hands (omigod) and call "Mark" and mark a place on the field to take a free kick (sounds a little like another football doesn't it).And oddly enough Australian Football (the real one, not the jumped up facetious mind control grab of a name dreamed up by warren, lowy and the other imports) is doing very nicely. As if we give a crap that our game isn't played at the Olympics.I hardly think a contest that is determined by players taking penalty pot shots at a big fishing net a respectable way to claim national victory. that sets the bar very low.-PratsBeware