xisto Community

Alright,I know that there is thousands of topics about GTA IV.

But I wanted to give you Latest info.

Niko(main potagonist) will have access to a wardrobe in his flat - it is not clear whether this will be on the scale of what we had in San Andreas, or more like what we saw in Liberty and Vice City Stories.

There are several different animation sets for breaking into a car

Rockstar are thinking about doing something that the True Crime games, by giving every street it's own name which will fade in/out of the screen when entered, rather like each area did in previous GTA games. This has not yet been finalised though.

Rockstar are aiming to have no differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions (aside from possibly downloadable content)

Rockstar are also trying to remove some of the less realistic things from GTA, such as arrow and markers showing the player where to go. Instead we will possibly make use of gadgets in Niko's possession such as his mobile phone.

Apart from a number of magazine scans and screen captures from the first official trailer, we haven't seen any proper screenshots of Grand Theft Auto IV yet. However, an article published recently by the NYTimes which discusses the exclusion of the Staten Island borough appears to have included with it the first digital screenshot we've seen of the game. Image which has been printed in a couple of magazines already, seems to have been resized from it's (presumably) original HD version, nevertheless, it's still nice to see something nice and shiny. Let's hope we get some nice high definition screens soon.

Some facts in OPM Australia

During the demo that OPM saw, Niko walked past an ATM machine and a message appeared on the screen waiting for a button press in order to access funds. While nothing more is said about this, it does imply that we'll be able to deposit and withdraw money, and that itself suggests that we'll be needing to use money more wisely than in previous GTA games.

Driving physics have been "tirelessly tweaked and enhanced".

When a car drives past with loud music you'll be able to hear and feel the bass.

You won't be able to play through a 'single player' game with a friend (co-operative), however, there will be a co-op mode implemented, along with other multiplayer modes which we still have no info on.

Rockstar are focusing their attention on this game for now, and there are currently no plans for San Andreas Stories (or another GTA game) for the PSP.

Further, it is not known whether GTAIV will pave the way for more sequels. Although Dan Houser has said he "would have a certain confidence" setting GTA outside of the USA, which certainly opens up the possibilities for future GTA games.

OPM Italia preview

Further to the new targeting system, it appears Niko is able to strafe left and right when locked on to a target after pulling out a weapon to avoid being shot.

Emphasising the detailing gone into the city, you can see what's under grates on the sidewalk providing there's enough light shining into it.

While hi-jacking cars driving along the road is a familiar task for GTA players, hi-jacking a parked vehicle seems like it has more to it now. No longer can you simply open the door and drive off. Now you'll have to be stealthy about it, break the window to get in, and then hot wire it.

Could you some me the sources you go this information from? Without sources it's only reliable as gossip.

I agree! But if everything written is true, then it sounds quite nice! Hot wiring a car and stuff sounds really cool(, but may become annoying?). GTA is being developed quite incredibly. GTA 3 was like the breakthrough and then San Andreas was like the more developed version. I can't imagine how it will be in like 10 years.

GTA 4, an upcoming game which is very cool and amazing. With it's new great features, I easily fell in love with it. It's graphic enhancements is now realistic. Cars are now improved and better. Player system has been also improved. Missions are not boring, they are all in action!I love it! When I saw the trailer, I saw some parts in New York. The trailer was very cool. Before, GTA 4 must be released on last October 16, 2007 but as Take 2 interactive announced, the game release will be moved on 2nd Quarter 2008 with no exact date as of now. Rumors spread that GTA 4 is afraid of it's sales because of the much anticipated game which is Halo 3. But Take 2 Interactive software tell that they we're fixing some things, and they need to improve more things there.I hope, after it's release for XBOX 360 and Playstation 3, there will be a release for Computer owners so I can play also! Yay!-Amiel

Just a bunch of things I know about GTA IVIt has been confirmed that there no bicycles this time.There are a series of jumps, just like in San Andreas.Vehicles being more realistic than ever take a lot of deft handling, especially at high speeds.There are no seasons, so no snow. :( It is not possible to get thin or fat, like in SA, but a variety of clothes are available.There is a separate internet inside the game, with its 100 or so sites.The days are more important now, eg. Missions that can only be done on Sundays.There are 14 radio stations.You can listen to the radio from your cell ( yes, there is a cell phone <_< ) anytime you want.The hand 2 hand combat has been completely revamped.You can throw molotovs or grenades from the car window.Pool, bowling, darts are playable inside the game.The car trunk can hold items.Niko's cousin Roman owns a taxi co., so you can call him to drive and earn from a Taxi of your own.I'll post the rest later...

I hope, after it's release for XBOX 360 and Playstation 3, there will be a release for Computer owners so I can play also! Yay!
-Amiel

Yeah, same here. But my comp. really sucks ( i hope it doesn't take offense ) and if GTA IV releases for PC, then I will have to buy a graphics card, and they are not exactly a dozen a penny, are they.

I could play San Andreas on the low video quality level , but it was still a rocking game <_<

Just a bunch of things I know about GTA IV
It has been confirmed that there no bicycles this time.
There are a series of jumps, just like in San Andreas.
Vehicles being more realistic than ever take a lot of deft handling, especially at high speeds.
There are no seasons, so no snow. :(
It is not possible to get thin or fat, like in SA, but a variety of clothes are available.
There is a separate internet inside the game, with its 100 or so sites.
The days are more important now, eg. Missions that can only be done on Sundays.
There are 14 radio stations.
You can listen to the radio from your cell ( yes, there is a cell phone <_< ) anytime you want.
The hand 2 hand combat has been completely revamped.
You can throw molotovs or grenades from the car window.
Pool, bowling, darts are playable inside the game.
The car trunk can hold items.
Niko's cousin Roman owns a taxi co., so you can call him to drive and earn from a Taxi of your own.

I'll post the rest later...

Comments:

1. Owww, no more bicycles in Grand Theft Auto: 4? Wow... Well it's Liberty City a busy city like New York and I have not seen any people taking bicycles there... Lol...

2. What! No seasons again? It's seemed that Rockstar does not like snow! It's not realistic now. I was expecting for seasons and my wish did not came true! That's sad. That is one of my turn offs in buying this game.

3. It is not possible to Niko to be fat or thin? Owww, that's so sad. It is not really realistic if that weird thing happened. Sigh should I buy this game? Well...

4. There is a separate internet inside the game, with its 100 or so sites! Wow, that's so cool, I want to see that feature right away. I hope this thing is confirmed.

--------

I want a realistic game but the numbers 2 and 3 makes me sad and now, I'm thinking if I should buy the game or not? Should I... Well...

GTA IV is out now and Im saying its in a group of its own so itsVC>SA>GTA3and GTA IV is all on it's own because its different from the others... however it still is an awesome game... better for story, free roam but not as good as a blowing up helicopters run around shooting every1 game!

How good is GTA 4 though? I was thinking about maybe getting a 360 or ps3 to play it but....It seemed like GTA3 through San Andreas was like pretty much the same exact game with more missions, a few new additions here and there, but that's really all.I honestly didn't even really like Vice City very much, due to how much alike GTA3 it was. I'm pretty sure they were the two that even used the same exact graphics engine, weren't they?Is GTA4 better graphically? I know it looks much better online and on commercials and all, but they always use polished up pictures anyways so it's really hard to tell.