xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

My Giveaway Site

Ok, I used to not be hosted, and just post on this forum for fun, but i was watching my credits go to waste, so i decided to get hosting, and give away all of my credits to members who really need it. Now I don't just give them away for nothing, because that would just be boring. I'm going to make a series of challenges that members of the Xisto forum can participate in, and winners get free credits. As of now, my website is thus:

creds.trap17.com.

I know it needs a bit of work, but I did it quickly. Anyway, I posted here to get the members opinions on this! The challenges will be posted on the website, and when the website is done, I will put a link in my sig so that everybody has a chance to win credits. I'm not really sure what kind of challenges I'm going to make yet, I was thinking trivia and stuff, but if you have a better idea, post it here! :)

very cool. I'll be sure to participate in this. Thank you for this.One suggestion I would make is for the challenges maybe you could have hacking challenges too :) , but that's just me, not many people know how to hack.

Hey,I really liked your idea! Nice that you are using it so positively. If the idea works out and it isnt a scam I will definitely donate my credits too so that people can earn it but make sure that people do not cheat for the credits. Maybe you should put a quiz based on Xisto :) Good luck and hope it works out.

Interesting concept although a bit costly as well, because what most people don't know about especially those who don't use the transfer system is that a 3% credit tax is set up on transfer, so it will cost you a bit more to transfer credits to those who win them. This also applies to those who donate credits as well through the transfer system and so you will have to build up credits to not only cover the costs to those who get them but also the transfer rates as well. As for the challenges NO HACKING because you don't know what kid of problems you will be creating with those kind of challenges on the server and the admins already have enough problems with spammers and other server related problems that they don't need to fix this. I would assume you have a game plan for the award system especially if you have more then 1 person winning the quizzes and other challenges because you won't be able to cover all the winners especially through donations. Of course you could purchase credits but that will get a bit expensive as more and more people enter and win.I wouldn't worry about a design for right now, but how to deal with credits and how to award them.

I wasn't really thinking of making it that big maybe just have like a challenge a week with the prize about 10 creds and the first one to PM me the answer wins. As for the donations, I really don't need donations for this, its basically something to help me get myself off my lazy *bottom* and do some posting here at Xisto! :)I haven't done too much with the site recently seeing as I'm very busy, but I'm graduating next saturday, and ill put up the first challenge this summer!The website is up and running and the first challenge is up! Anybody who wants a quick 5 credits can pm me the answer!

Wow nice Idea you really have that many credits you are giving them away?( Sorta giving them away ) I think it is a great idea and that everyone should try and participate in this. But remember I am pretty sure that you and the person you are giving the creds to each need 30 right?

The first challenge is up and I submitted it, you should set up degree's of difficulty because you have to remember some of us have been here a long, long time, and so most of know this forum inside and out. So I thought I through out that suggestion to help it make the challenges more interesting.

Wow nice Idea you really have that many credits you are giving them away?( Sorta giving them away ) I think it is a great idea and that everyone should try and participate in this. But remember I am pretty sure that you and the person you are giving the creds to each need 30 right?

I was unaware of that, but the website keeps track of how many credits I have yet to give away so I wont delete the records until I am able to send it all. I really don't have that many credits to give away and I will only post challenges when I do have enough. As I said earlier this is an encouragment for me to keep more active in these forums :lol:

Because of lack of participation, I am closing creds.The following users have received credits:Zachy2411-5michaelper22-5narutorasengan17-10t3jem-10The website will remain up for anybody who wants to marvel at my beautiful template, but no new challenges are going to be added. However, I am still in a giveaway mood, and on my birthday (July 26th) I shall give away more credits than ever. More info on this massive credit giveaway will be posted later.

WOW !!! This is an exciting news.. I am sure, this will bring in a new dimension to Xisto .. People who really need credits and cant post for some reason, might get a second life if your plan goes on well..Meanwhile, i checked out your site. It is a small site, meaning business i suppose. It is to the point, and easy to navigate. It would be better if you could change the color scheme . especially the color of the banner. It is not pleasant enough i guess.I also saw you write that you get nothing out of this. Well, maybe you can put up google ads or some other ads on your page, and start earning out of the site. i am sure, whatever traffic you can attract, could help increase your adsense account balance to an extent. And in course of time, you might get your 100$ cheque !! So, atleast you could start serving google ads , instead of doing this without any profit for you personally. Everybody's happy !!!But, be careful about how you go about executing the whole thing. Xisto has a big user base which would gladly participate in challenges like the one you have hinted , in exchange for a few credits. I am eagerly waiting to see what you have in store for us..

Because of lack of participation, I am closing creds.

Awh, this is too bad. And not just because I wasn't able to participate, mind you :D

I'd like to point out that, perhaps, like me, a lot of people are not aware of this event being held. I, for example, check out only the threads under What is...?, My Ideas, Theories, Possiblities, Innovation, Debates, The Vent and the 10 most recent topics/threads shown at the bottom of every page. It is quite possible that, lacking regular "bumping" your thread has been subsequently buried under that heap and, as a result, not too many people are informed of your site's existence.

I've always been enamored by the notion of creating challenges, puzzles or tests of wit and smarm. Of course, that excludes the trivial "Which Character/Color/Pairing are You?" quizzes in Quizilla. What I meant was that it is my dream to, one day, create "The Ultimate Puzzle" or at least a close approximation, like the Lament/Leviathan Configuration perhaps?

In any case, I would really like to see your site up. Actually, more than participating in tackling the challenges, I also have a mind to lend a hand in creating the challenges themselves :P

Please do message me should you happen to change your mind :D

Oh yeah, lest I forget, advanced Happy Birthday :P

It takes time, a couple weeks and your site is not going to flourish. Perhaps the challenges should last a month with a greater prize. Because 10 creds is not much of an inspiration. Make challenges non trivial... because google will answer any trivia question.Here are some challenges that might work...-Guess the font (have a simple image with the background and font matchin colors (vaguely) and distort the font with a simple PS distortion method... like twirl)-Signature competition - best signature that would benefit yourself. That way you are getting something out of the site aswell.-Banner competition - site may or may not need a new banner.Also, with your competition lasting longer, you'll have more users seeing the thread and post. It might be worth a bookmark with some more work... just some ideas to improve... your idea is great, just needs to be fine tuned.