xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yorkey

The Official Man United Thread

Fergie, give us a song, fergie, fergie give us a song.Can you hear the fergie sing? I can't hear a ****ing thing....Followed by a 15 minute 'Ferguson's red and white army'Great atmosphere, but sometimes strange because of the way we were split between the two stands, so both lots sometimes ended up singing different things. And there seemed to be a wish to make a point to Ferguson whilst still making sure he know's we're behind him...Does anyone know what was on the flag that went around prior to the game?Christ knows what was going on the police but there were everywhere before the game and in full on robocop mode...looked like they were taking their nick anything that moves tactic to new levels as well.Even so, there were some of our lot at the bottom of the Doug Ellis being a bit stupid.Weird performance, very hit and miss - noticed that as soon as I sent the text praising Park's start to the game he went sh*t. Typical. Giggs was awful for most of the game but played big parts in both goals. Ronaldo started off really poorly and Anderson had a strange game.Anyways, I really really thought we'd get beat, just based on the fact it was 'our turn' but in the end it all seemed a little inevitable really.

Great win on Saturday. Battered them from pillar to post all game. So nice to see us destroy a team for the full 90 instead of relaxing after we go a few up. Yet again it seemed inpossible not to make chance after chance.Carrick with his best game of the season. I was worried by his start with a stray pass or two and losing the ball for the Duff chance but when he settled he did really well.Tevez moves onto 12 for the season, a top player putting in top performances. You just cant help but love that work rate. Rooney was a little selfish for me but yet again on another day he has a hat-trick or two himself. Ronnie is Ronnie, fantastic to see him finally get the hat-trick, one of many i hope. Moves onto 72 for the club and passes the 50 league goal milestone. Good to see Simpson come on and get a boost in confidence, could have had two goals. Overall it was a very good team performance and some fantastic goals. The ball from Wayne for Rios sublime finish and the crisp one touch passing to set up Ronnie to take the third so fantastically well. 6 goals, a clean sheet, we mullered the geordies, Arsenal and Liverpool drew and we are top of the league. A perfect days football.

I've read news about Ivanovic and I'm really dissapointed. I didn't bother watching russian football this year but last year I saw many of his games and he was only 22 then i think.I have to say that he impressed me much more than any other player in Russia for a fair few years(including Vidic). From very first games I was shocked by this Branislav lad and I really wondered wtf he was doing in Russia and not in top league. He really looked just different class to any player here. And also he is a complete defender and that's rare for defenders.Of course we need to see how will he adapt to English football but comparing to Vidic I'm much more convinced with Ivanovic that he will make it than I was with Nemenja(glad I was wrong). I really hoped that we should sign him because we need a RB so it's a real blow.

chalk me up as another feeling that's a point gained rather than two lost. spurs player very well and fully deserved to win fairly comfortably tbh.our performance was worse than clattenburg's - and that's really saying something. the inconsistency in that refereeing performance was just beyond comprehension. four almost identical handballs - jenas, ronaldo, hargreaves, evra - and he somehow managed to give freekicks (in very dangerous positions) against ronnie and hargs, and let the other two go. none of the four were handballs at all - jenas and evra weren't looking at the ball, and ronnie and hargs were far too close to the ball being played to handle it deliberately.the rooney booked for diving absolutely ticked me off when clattenburg later gave huddlestone a talking to for exactly the same thing, and the amount of times ronaldo was tackled from behind with only malbranque (i think) getting booked for it was just laughable in light of some of the other yellow cards he gave out.can't blame the ref though, as i said, we were far worse than he was. very lucky.so happy when tevez scored Big Grinreally could be a huge point in the grand scheme of things, especially confidence wise as it keeps us on a decent run and in the knowledge we took something when we looked dead and buried. would have took a point this morning no doubt about it. tricky as you like tie that and other than the trip to the bridge the hardest away we have left. shame rooney is out of the derby but if city play anything like they did against arsenal today they will be rolled over big time.some masive over reactions. so many big games still to be played by all three teams, anything could happen. really exciting season at least and its nice to have three teams with a realistic chance, even if one of them does play dire football.rio probably motm. not a lot to choose from really.

Ready for a frankly magnificent rant? Well, here we go?Yesterday was another nail in the coffin for me. It should have been such a special occasion. It should have made us all proud to be a Red. Whatever the result. Instead it?s just highlighted the cancer eating away at the financial institution and commercial enterprise that advertises itself as Manchester United Football Club (football club part optional). What the **** people were doing booing at the half time whistle? Just made so angry. In the last 30 minutes people should have been getting behind the team. Making a point...not ****ing off early. If we'd scored an equalizer it'd have been such a massive **** OFF to those ****s.Then again the general sh*tness of the day was complete by the fact (as with the last 3 or 4 games) we spent over an hour stuck in the car-park because they?ve started to shut one of the exit roads to let the precious darling players drive out without having to queue.. Says it all doesn't it? Why should people stick around when they're know they're being treated like that?The one saving grace has been the buzz from away games over the last couple of years, even that's being destroyed by the club policy for ticketing. 500 for AIG? Check. More people from Singapore than Stretford at the Emirates? Check. Being out sung by Soccer AM FC at Reading? Check. Clubs falling over themselves to reduce our allocations? Check?If it wasn't for the likes or Ronnie and Ronaldo, Vidic and Evra. If it wasn't for the style of football we still (generally) play and the hope of more total '**** me' moments of wonder I'd pack it in now.Every logical bone in my body is saying give up. What's going to happen now other than being sucked dry by a more and more soulless experience? What could happen that'll ever match the moments I've already been lucky enough to see?This isn't a reaction to the result or the performance on the pitch...more everything surrounding it. We had a very bad day at the office. Fergie got it wrong. Some players bottled it. Still got a great team and if we can get out of this dip the season will still end in a mighty fine way.This week has bought things into a stark contrast. **** being a number on the Glazer's balance sheet. **** sitting around people who frankly don't deserve to be there. **** the club not giving a sh*t about anything other than the bottom line. **** the Old Trafford match day experience. **** AIG. **** the theatre of ****ing dreams. **** the patronising 'thank you for your magnificent support'. **** everyone bar Rooney and Ronnie being a ?useless ****?. **** the day trippers and tourists expecting to be entertained. **** the not so automatic cup scheme. **** the lot of it.Sooner United **** off to Singapore and take the decision away from me the better. And another thing...the wife's just called to say there's a story on the radio that the scarves yesterday are now going for upwards of ?50 on ebay.You can only keep on kidding yourself for so long.

Well after losin agaisnt M City its kinda sad, the players look tired, and Sir Alex doesnt change or spice the line up to make impact, i guess we have to go now for the UCL, because Arsenal sadlly its playing great...and Adebayor... is on fire

Well after losin agaisnt M City its kinda sad, the players look tired, and Sir Alex doesnt change or spice the line up to make impact, i guess we have to go now for the UCL, because Arsenal sadlly its playing great...and Adebayor... is on fire

YASS! 3-0 going on 10. Right up yah Arsenal.

Great performance and a joy to watch. I know Arsenal were hardly fully strength but you simply can't take away from how fantastic we were today.

Brown, Fletcher, Nani were the special standout players for me. Brown an absolute rock at RB, Nani just destroying them down the flanks and Fletcher just so amazing everywhere.

Carrick was fb aswell, his passing was nothing short of immense, Anderson looked great too and Rooney of course had a great game although he had at least 4 good chances to add to his tally.

Park had a good game, too. That's all I will say about him

Everyone played great.

Other moments of mention were Rooney playing keepball, got himself booked but it was amusing.

Nani juggling the ball but it was so obvious that someone was going to try and rape him for his efforts.

Adebayor with a disgraceful dive and rightly getting booked.

Gallas somehow not getting booked for blatantly kicking out at Nani.

Ronaldo and Nani are just going to destroy teams down the flanks for years to come and with a midfield future of Carrick, Anderson, Hargreaves and Fletcher (Who I have always wanted to stay and am disappointed he hasn't played more this season, but it's obviously a hard postion to make your own, and played at the very least 9/10 today) Things are looking pretty much spot on. Also Park, though he needs to improve further to be more than a fringe player. and we'll need another squad player in for midfield..

great day against Lyon, the players have really bounced back well from the derby debacle. well impressed with Carrick lately, unrecognisable from early season and should probably be part of our first-choice pairing in the middle at the minute (not least because he's shown his ability to play well alongside any of the other four). Nani making several people look really really foolish with his last few performances too. happy days.great chance to push on and heap the pressure on Arsenal over the next few weeks now, especially looking at our fixtures. Fulham and Derby away, Bolton and Villa at home ahead of grand slam sunday (ergh) number two (i think, not sure if Boro away is before or after that) - have to be looking at maximum points from them, Villa the only real obstacle to that (famous last words, yadda yadda). what a difference a fortnight makes.

vs. LyonMOM: Fletch - clearly our best player last night, pity he'll probably never get the credit he deserves. Played with the desire that the game deserved.2ND: Rio - Out of the rest of the team who looked as though they were quite content to stay in 2nd gear rather than take Lyon apart since they were clearly so far from being up for it, he was probaly the next most influential.Anderson nowhere all night for me which is a pity. Nani, Carrick, Ronny & Rooney all sloppier than I'd like overall. Wes made one great tackle on Grosso. Evra didn't force the issue in an attacking sense. Vida didn't really have to do a whole lot really & therefore his influence on proceedings was minimal.Just so I'm clear after all that, I'm not utterly dissatisfied with last night, Lyon looked like they were nowhere near giving us any sort of game, so we didn't have to push in the strictest sense (although there were a couple of Benzema moments that showed his quality) but just because we could win and get through without pushing does that mean we shouldn't?There are games where I think making a proper statement of quality and ability in higher profile games against full-strength teams matters a lot as far as providing a future basis for strong top level performances rather than sitting through a performance just because the situation dictates that we can & working on the theory that when pushed we will definitely step up.

YES quality thread. Im Man United Till I Die. United Through And Through. lol i go up there almost once a month (Old Trafford) and love it. Id prob go everyother week but its too far to travel. They have been playing some quality football but was a little shocked with the Portsmouth FA.Cup game this weekend. How we didn't score i do not know. We had chance after chance and SHOULD have had a penalty for the foul on Ronaldo. I also think the sending off was a little harsh as we had 2 players behind the keeper. Anyways thats gone now and we have to get back on it for the prem and champs league. COME ON UNITED <_<

Here's my take on todays game versus relegation bound Derby County at Pride Park.hahaha what a horrible game <_<knew it was gonna be one of those when i realised we had ****ing thompson commentating on our game. every bloody time. loads of negatives to take from it but it really is reassuring that we didnt let it get us down (could have been easy given the pompey game as well) and were just determined to get a goal. ronaldo complete legend, more desperate to score than Dean Gaffney. great to see foster pulling off some top class saves even if its a bit embarrassing that he had to, so convinced he will be a brilliant number one for us.3 more points closer to the title.

Edited by stevethedog (see edit history)

Yes this game was a huge 3 points. With Arsenal drawing 1-1 this is a big weekend for us. We now need to get the 3 points against Bolton on Wednesday and that will put us 3 ahead of Arsenal and thats good as were coming up to the big weekend when we all play each other so to speak.The game at Derby was messy and i thought we would struggle as i didnt think they whould be that bad after getting thumped 6-1 at Chelsea last week. Were starting to struggle in front of goal again in the last few games and i hope it don't continue like this. We should have won the game by 3 or 4 goals but it just didnt happen. You know what they say the best teams always grind out results even when there playing bad. Ronaldo had a good game but on another day he would have had 3 goals. He was trying to hard after he missed a few chances but he took his goal well. Foster looked a little dodgy at first with his kicking but he soon showed how good he is when he pulled off that save from Kenny Miller that was pure class. He looks good given a chance. Next up Bolton like i said a must win game before we play Liverpool on sunday.