xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamiFX

Google Vs Live

How about google search and Live search of Microsoft, I think that Live in it's road to grow-up next years, wich will be az big challenge to google..

I don't use live search so I'm not sure, but even if live search managed to be as good as google (unlikely [made by microsoft]) I still think google will be on top because it has a bigger audience and people are already used to it.P.S. Yes, I am a microsoft basher :)

Well Google has been the big dominator in the field, it's constantly developping new services too which means Microsoft has some major catching up to do. Microsoft has a hard time catching up with competition, often only mimicking what others are doing, changing things up a bit etc. like they did with IE7 *coughfirefoxcough*. One thing however is that they have shown in the past that they are well capable of taking over in certain areas. Remember when Netscape was the browser to have? Many of you probably don't but at one point everybody had Netscape and well, we all know the end of that story.One thing I despise about Live is the heavy use of Javascript which can often be resource intensive for people with weaker machines. This will change though as people get more and more powerful machines. Google keeps it simple and I give them props for that. Atleast we can say Live > MSN lol.HOWEVER, Live's image search feature is FAR superior to both Google and Yahoo! Both in terms of relevant results and the way to browse through those results. It's a really great use of Ajax and shows some innovation on microsoft's part (omg innovation? microsoft? appocalypse!) you guys should really try it out and see for yourselves.Anywho, this is gonna be a huge battle and we're the winners cause the more they fight over who gets the customer base, the more developpement and innovation will appear which will, in the end, benefit us, the users, most.Good luck to both Live and Google (but google more :)) and may the best engine win.

I think Live search is horrible, I cant really find what I need in it. I have used it several times because it is the default webpage that loads on the internet browser at my work and all I can tell you is that it is horrible for anything else that is not microsoft related. For anything else I use google search, plus it has image search which is also really good.