xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Watermonkey

How The Great Pyramid Was Made apparently its nothing like what you learned in school (shocking,

According to new research the pyramids were actually made by casting the stones from a concrete-like mix of limestone, lime, and diatomaceous earth that was mixed so perfectly and consistently that no scientist even suspected it until recently. There are still some details to be worked out such as how they actually made all the inner chambers and how they hoisted all that mix to the top to pour in the capstone, but the atomic science doesn't lie, those stones are unlike any limestone that can be found anywhere in nature. Yet another example of how you'll have to unlearn what you "learned" in school!

Cool stuff. I have often wondered where the concept of "concrete" comes from... I wondered how the relationship between calcium, Limestone and gravel (rock) first became known and popular. Last Thursday we placed and finished 15 cubic metres of concrete slabs, and I would've liked to have the fellow who designed the stuff there to help. :)

So they poured it in, huh?Strange, isn't it? People have been puzzling for a long time how they made those pyramids. There were theories about long sand ramps that go in a straight line or "hug" the pyramid in a spiral fashion. All in all, it involved people hauling large blocks of stones all the way up there. If what you said was true, then the greatness of the Egyptian empire will diminish. Hah! Who would've thought they'd take the easy way out :)I do, however, remember reading a relatively recent article about archaeologists uncovering a mass grave of people "near" the pyramids ("near" could go up to as far as miles away) who showed symptoms of vertebrae deformities. Apparently, they have been "heavy at work" before they died, further supporting the theories about "great manual labor that lasted for years on end." Too bad I can't support my claims with links. It was from a newspaper eight or more years ago.Oh well, y'know, as "writer" Erich von Daniken once wrote, the architectural marvels of the world, Egyptian and Aztec pyramids, the Nazca "airstrip", Greek shrines and temples, menhirs, dolmen and stone circles (henges) all make perfect sense if you think of them as the results of the hands of giants (or aliens, depending on which mood he's in) :)

Ha ha, it figures, but I also thought we would of found some left over limestone mix or some old pot with a mix of the cement in it by now. I mean, they would of had to have tools to pour the blocks in place or something, shouldn't there be something of that nature at the building site or somewhere? Maybe we have and just didn't connect it at the time. You know the person that came across that is really annoyed right now, haha.

Well not all pyramids are created using a mixture of limestone, clay, lime, and water. Only the outer part's which confused scientists for years how could they be so massive and than again so precise. Also what is interesting is the fact that this new mixture is not same mixture as we use for concrete now. I looked at it, and find it strange, so i kept reading article until the end. It looks like that this mixture they were using is much better than concrete in terms of production.

Looks like old Egyptians thought us something new:

"The basic raw materials used for this early form of concrete-limestone, lime, and diatomaceous earth-can be found virtually anywhere in the world," he adds. "Replicating this method of construction would be cost effective, long lasting, and much more environmentally friendly than the current building material of choice: Portland cement that alone pumps roughly 6 billion tons of CO2 annually into the atmosphere when it's manufactured."

Hey, i might try this mixture when building me own house :)

Well, seems the egyptians were geniuses :) . They're even teaching us stuff long after they're gone. The cement companies aren't going to be happy about this, but at least it's cheap and healthy.

Well not all pyramids are created using a mixture of limestone, clay, lime, and water. Only the outer part's which confused scientists for years how could they be so massive and than again so precise. Also what is interesting is the fact that this new mixture is not same mixture as we use for concrete now. I looked at it, and find it strange, so i kept reading article until the end. It looks like that this mixture they were using is much better than concrete in terms of production.
Looks like old Egyptians thought us something new:
Hey, i might try this mixture when building me own house :)

Matak, I was thinking the very same thing when I was reading through the article! I definitely would prefer to build something that costs less, is less of an impact on the environment when making it, and lasts thousands of years to the garbage materials they use to build buildings today! :)

Well, seems the egyptians were geniuses :) . They're even teaching us stuff long after they're gone. The cement companies aren't going to be happy about this, but at least it's cheap and healthy.

well mixture of limestone and clay is needed to produce cement. it is really sad that i don't know the ratio, which i really should now by heart since it's my JOB. wow.

Matak, I was thinking the very same thing when I was reading through the article! I definitely would prefer to build something that costs less, is less of an impact on the environment when making it, and lasts thousands of years to the garbage materials they use to build buildings today! :)

hmm.. I'm sure gonna pop a question to my professor about this mixture. maybe they are already researching compression and tension stress values on these materials. dunno

Reminds me of a show I saw once on TV where a guy (Hollywood actor - can't remember his name) built his house from used tires. He would pack them with dirt so full he had to cram it in with a sledge hammer. By the time he was done the tire sidewalls were starting to bulge. These would be stacked and staggered like bricks and the gaps packed with more dirt. I guess since the walls were so thick and packed with dirt the place was always nice and cool even in the summer sun. He built another one from beer and pop cans using the same method. Pack with dirt, stack and fill the gaps. There was no mention of building permits or code or anything so I'm wondering if he had his house inspected. Hey, that would probably be fire proof also. Bonus. Wouldn't want to clean the place though, might be sweeping the floor for a while. Actually I think he had tile floors or something like that. It's been a while since I saw that so it's a little foggy.

My cousin thought that. ( Now before I finish lets just say my cousin thinks he knows everything and when he does he sticks to it no matter what you say! ) They found a bunch of random stones all perfectly shaped the same and the just started stacking them! Yea I know it is a very stupid theory. Btu he still thinks it is true.

I saw on the history channel last night that they could have made saws by placing a heavy, coarse stone on top of the said block they wished to carve then have oxen pull the coarse stone with a series of rope and something to hold the stone up. They showed some blocks from way back when with such precise cuts that no hand could have carved it.Also, I think they said the romans had a similar method but it was water powered and had multiple blades.

Children all over the world are tought that the Egiptians toiled hard to carry every single block to the site!My teacher once told me that even today in some pyramid, you cant insert a blade in between the two blocks. Justifies the 'poured over' claims! Coz then any sort of crevices would have definately been filled!!!

There seems to be always something to discover about the pyramids. I initially thought they were single pieces of rock carved out, and then read about a few other theories from friends. And now, i have just read about pyramid construction being an ancient art of modern construction.Leaving behind the pyramid material thing,.. i have another question in mind. Who actually constructed the pyramids ?? Though textbooks claim it to be Egyptians, i have read and heard that people from the civilization of Atlantis have built it at Egypt. And also in one of the documentaries that i have watched, they showed a couple of supporting evidences. Though i don't remember it exactly, it was something like this ... Plato has written some descriptions about Atlantis and its culture. According to that, the style of rocks used in building Atlantis buildings and the rocks in pyramids had some similarity.

nobody knows how the great pyramids were built unless you travel back in time. They could be built by aliens, could be built by humans dictated by aliens, who knows? its only a debate that can go so far, but if you think about it, unless the egyptians has some access to the knowledge of those precise angles, and those materials the aliens built/helped build the pyramids

According to new research the pyramids were actually made by casting the stones from a concrete-like mix of limestone, lime, and diatomaceous earth that was mixed so perfectly and consistently that no scientist even suspected it until recently. There are still some details to be worked out such as how they actually made all the inner chambers and how they hoisted all that mix to the top to pour in the capstone, but the atomic science doesn't lie, those stones are unlike any limestone that can be found anywhere in nature. Yet another example of how you'll have to unlearn what you "learned" in school!

yea the pyramids have always amazed me.
how such a really simple thing became such a mystery.
There are always theories on everything that has to do with them.
I remmmember watching something about how different pyramids (south america/egypt/africa/ all around) all sprung up at about the same time)
Now how did EVerybody without communication all get the ideas of pyramids at the same time.
Its one of thoes mysteries i want to know all about.
And of course, like always, theirs always thoes few that think it was the dam aliens that told em how... but who knows :XD: