xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
robocz033

Internet Connection

i dont really know what the problem is, but like every 3 minutes my internet connects stops, then goes back up after like 3 secs. i am not sure if a cable might be faulty, my modem or one of my routers is bad. here is the stuff i usedsl provider-->modem-->dynex router-->2 computers and another router-->my wireless router-->my computer and laptopi am not sure what the problem is, seeing as just yesterday it was fine. but before that sometimes it would go out, but not as often, just like 1-2 times a week and i would have to restart my router. but now it turns on and off all the time leading me to believe that the ethernet cable may be faulty or something is wrong with the router or the modem.

i dont really know what the problem is, but like every 3 minutes my internet connects stops, then goes back up after like 3 secs. i am not sure if a cable might be faulty, my modem or one of my routers is bad. here is the stuff i use
dsl provider-->modem-->dynex router-->2 computers and another router-->my wireless router-->my computer and laptop

i am not sure what the problem is, seeing as just yesterday it was fine. but before that sometimes it would go out, but not as often, just like 1-2 times a week and i would have to restart my router. but now it turns on and off all the time leading me to believe that the ethernet cable may be faulty or something is wrong with the router or the modem.

I believe it's your Modem. Atleast it was when that problem happened to me about a year ago. I had to buy a new Modem and the problem was fixed. If not it could be because you are using a Wireless Router. I try not to go wireless when using desktop computers if I dont have to because the connection is not nearly as good and the Internet Speed is alot slower. Check the Cables it could just be a battery or something simple. If you use Cat5 Wires it could be that it would say on the wire cat5. You can pick them up at Walmart for around $13.

alright, i have an update now. last night, started from the modem up and connected every cable to my laptop, let it run aim, closed the window, and after 5 min, it never restarted, proving that it is something wrong with my internet card on my desktop. i contacted dell custom support, and luckily my system is still under support, and today i am going to call and hopefully i will get a replacement part.

Also another thing you need to make sure as well that you have updated firmware and drivers as well, because not updated them could be part of the problem as well. when I first connected my router to my modem I kept on getting disconnection problems until I updated that and of course change some other minor settings.

i figured it out, i had some corrupt files on my comp. and it only took about 2 days of technical support from dell, however, i had to wipe my drive so that kinda sucked, but i did have my important stuff on my flash drive, so i am somewhat happy!

that happened to me like 3 days ago! but i fixed it when I reset the router to factory defaults. And did a complete scan disk thing it found so many corrupt sectors I had to wipe my drive clean, dig out my copy of vista buried deep beneath my other software and reinstall it again

thats what i had to do. and boy did that take a dam long time. after much frustration, although good support, dell tech support finally just said i had to wipe my drive because of corrupt files and start over. i wasnt that mad seeing as how i already knew i was gonna have to do that, so i saved my important stuff to my flash drive and did so.

Flash drives can be our best friends sometimes :) I'm glad that your problem is fixed - though it stinks that you had to wipe your drive.