xisto Community
delivi

Hotmail Controls Spam Better

I'm using GMail since June 2005. I love the sleek interface with no graphics and also the ease of use. I really went after it because it was then offering the highest space for inbox.I also have a Hotmail Account, eventhough I use Gmail I love Hotmail. The best part of Hotmail is that its spam filters are more strong than that of GMail. I receive an average of 50 spam mails each day, some even skip the spam filter and is displayed in Inbox instead of moviing it to spam folder.Whereas in Hotmail I seldom get any spam. The inteface is also so good and easy an now the Inbox space is also increased. So now I dont see any reason to say no to Hotmail.

I think I shoud admit it that Hotmail is efficient in block SPAM, but it's space is too small.my hotmail is remail 2.0 M, and so does many others of my friends'.So i applied a mail account from my college, it does well too.ha ha ...:)

I also use hotmail, yahoo and Gmail and I have to say, that Gmail blocks the spam better than any other spam-blocker in the world. I get big amounts of spam (about 150 a day) and they are ALL put into the Spam folder...every once in a while (lets say a week or so) I maybe get one spam mail into my inbox and i report it as spam and the thing is gone. With all the other services things are wwaaaay less efficient and I get lots of spam every day..so as I've told many times before - GMAIL IS THE BEST!Greetz

I have got to disagree with delivi and simchina. I get a lot more spam sent to my Hotmail account than to my GMail account. Of the mail that arrives at Hotmail, about 80% appears in the junk folder, and 20% makes it to my inbox. In GMail, 99% of the mail end up in spam. One or two spam messages every couple of months actually reaches my inbox in GMail. Hotmail also throws a lot of false positives - registration emails, order confirmations and things like that frequently end up in the junk folder. In GMail it always put the right email in the right places. The only thing that annoys me with GMail is that it doesn't officially support Opera that well.

yes, hotmail filter spam email more beter than other free e-mail providers like gmail and yahoo. but hotmail e-mail storage is too low. other e-mail provisers like gmail and yahoo provides more storage for their customers.

I've been using Hotmail for 7 years now .. It was have a low storage but now it increased to 2GB just like Gmail ... Hotmail is great with Windows Live Desktop.. but I want you to get attention, members who receives many spam emails and delete them without see what contains cause you may receive normal emails between them

It's a bit strange...I have used a lot of different email services; hotmail, gmail, online.no, yahoo...and I have never got that much spam as far as I can remember. Right now I'm only using Gmail and Hotmail and they are spam free, whereas my friends who are also using hotmail are getting 200 mails pr day. Same with my dad. I don't get it. My friends I can understand as they are dumb when it comes to the computer, but my dad on the other hand works with computers every day and knows better than to register a lot of dumb places. I don't really care anymore if the spam-, virus-, spyware protectors ...etc are getting better. I am managing with the "old school stuff"! :)

Yeah, I think the new or semi new spam filter that hotmail has is really good. It will help a lot of people from receiving viruses and spam. I really like how it asks you to click on the show content link and how it blocks the content from the message for security reasons. I have a yahoo and gmail account but I have never liked them as much as hotmail. :)

I have been using hotmail for a long time it was my first email account and i have not been getting any spam in them they all go to the junk folder i really never cared for the space cause i usually have no use keeping a large file for long if it is really important i will put in on my flash drive. The new hotmail has more space and i have 200 mail in my inbox and i am only using 1% that is good to me. I use g-mail once in a while not bashing on it just grown on hotmail. The best 2 free mail sevices is hotmail and gmail. Also if someone forget what bill gates said in a interview he lets his competion get ahead of him so they have a chance against him so in the future expect more from hotmail. Cause come on now microsoft has enought money to make it so they double the space they put in hotmail. The new hotmail is just begining i think there is going to be something new that is going to blow g-mail out of the water.

I have used Hotmail all my life (Since I have internet) but recently I've had some problems receiving verification e-mails and other things, so I use gmail for verification and those things and hotmail for the others :)

I've had a few spam mails in my gmail account that are unfiltered, but none in my hotmail account from anyone but Microsoft, but that is due to the account that I do not use it for registering for anything, or for anything for that matter anymore. My Lycos account used to get a lot of spam as well, but thanks to a simple filter I don't get them anymore....

Delivi...you got to understand the simplicty of a spam box.All it does is simply put all ingoing mail into that until you mark it otherwise. Most don't work like this, I use Gmail and Hotmail also.I use my hotmail for spam and site registering. I have like 3569 mail messages in my inbox. Maybe mine doesn't work as well as yours.I want a mailing porvider that allows me to do a complete trash of ALL emails! I hate going through each page and deleting them all!Anyone know of one?