xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Bcc Exploit In My Programming?

Just a couple minutes ago i got an e-mail from a web developer in San Diego and apparently he received a large amount of spam e-mail from my websites contact forum because spammers found something called a BCC Exploit in my programing and are using my script to re-direct mail messages through my server to peoples e-mails.now i have no idea what this means, but i suppose i need to stop it. How so? Can you suggest a more secure contact form script?

i went through and looked at it, and it looks way to confusing for me...do you have a more noobish one? one that just acts as the script for sending it and i can make my own form to use instead of having it in the file.if anyone else has any suggestions as to a new contact form i can use, please send it to me.

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Someone is using javascript to access your mail form by injecting email addresses into the Bcc header of the mail() function. Test for the injection and void the action by using php to check for the header prior to sending the mail.

Here is a function to void the string if it contains the injection: http://www.larryullman.com/tag/reading/?6,28810