xisto Community
Watermonkey

What Is The Most Evil Corporation In The World? Name the Corp and say why you think theyre the most EVIL

I'll start, I may add to the list, but as far as I know, Monsanto is the world's most EVIL and destructive corporation. Monsanto Corp (NYSE: MON) has almost single-handedly decimated the honey bee populations in the western hemisphere (Bee keepers who keep their bees "organic" say they've seen no population declines!). They've destroyed the fertile lands in much of the western hemisphere by poisoning the soil with their chemicals. They've made the tomato without fish genes a rarity at your local supermarket and it's nearly impossible to find corn that hasn't been cross-pollinated with one of their GMO crops. They pretty much own most of the law makers in the western world and have successfully sued farmers for growing crops that were cross-pollinated with their own "patented" crops via the wind in Canada! They're behind the movement in Congress to tag all livestock and register the farm (or property) on which they're kept as well as trying to destroy all non-GMO seed stocks. They've all but put the small farmer out of business forcing them to buy their dangerous poisons or be pushed out of the markets not unlike the cattle barons of the 19th century using local law and other nefarious tactics to force their competition to succumb. Unfortunately, their company (like the EVIL company portrayed in The Omen) will end up killing everyone if it has its way. But lawmakers mostly don't care about what happens after they've left office or what their grand-children have to deal with when they're gone.

Name the most EVIL Corp. in the world as you know. This isn't an argument, it's strictly opinion. There are many contenders, like Dow Chemical or Microsoft, many many companies have EVIL agendas, even Nestl? has an EVIL history. Let's learn about what these companies do or have done to make them EVIL. I'll assume we all know what EVIL is... I'm talking true evil, not the fun we have with the concept here on the forum.

Volkswagon, They made cars for the SS and Made hitler a personal car if i remember correctly. He was possibly one of the most evil men in history and the SS the most Evil Organisation, so if a compny makes them cars then surely they must be evil.

The most evil corporation in the world? let me think ... ... ... ...Ah-Ha! I would think the US Military/Area-51/Russian Military etc, any 'thing' that manufactures weapons of mass destruction i.e. strategic nukes, tactical ones are ok though. And the Iraq? Iran military for trying to make bio warheads filled with anthrax or whatever they put in them.

I would go for popular ones like Microsoft, McDonalds, Coca-Cola, etc. but probably the most evil corporations are in the pharmaceutic industry, the ones who don't let medicines against VIH, among lots of other diseases, get to african countries. People die just because they don't want to lose a single dollar. It's such a direct relation that you could call them murderers.

I agree with Dave, Microsoft id the most evil, but my reasons are slightly different:1) They are responsible for the worst operating systems known to man2) They stole GUI from Apple3) They deserve a lifetime in HELL!

Umbrella lol just playin I am in the middle of playing RE4 right now, I guess I would have to say it could possibly be any pharmaceutical company as Sprnknwn had stated. I think that they hide some cures from people so that they can give people a treatment instead of a cure.With the treatment they then charge large amounts of money for the drug. They still charge large amounts of money for a drug years after the research is completed and they price it not only to pay for all the workers that diagnose problems with people but also to make a large profit thus causing people who do not have the money to pay for treatment to either have to find a way to get it or die,if the illness that person has is bad enough to kill them. The idea that they hide cures is more of a conspiracy theory than it is a fact. The idea that people are dieing all over the world from treatable diseases and curable diseases is a fact. The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most profitable industries there are in the world and these are the reasons that I think that they are the most evil corporation in the world.

microsoft because they are the most lazy, money hogging, technical-support-free, foreign, non-understandable, stealing pigs. i mean, who needs fricken 50billion dollars?!?!?!?!?! its a complete waste of money. he didnt even pioneer computing, apple did that then he copied from them...the only reason he is ahead is because of excessive advertising and contracts with companies.

+ the wait for halo3

:) That can be said for any game-making company. [hr=noshade] [/hr]Anywho, the start of an evil corporation is one that started with the want of personal gain, to become (filthy) rich—this tends to be at the expense of others. There are so many companies out there that can cure world hunger. Imagine what they can do if they joined together to make this wolrd a better place! Techniqually, many, if not most, are evil to an extent; some worse than others. Some of the judgment you'll find in this topic , if not most or all, is based on the current knowledge the person has of companies and how it has affected them; for if you don't know about one (which could be worse than the company you say is the worst), you can't claim otherwise. I can't truthfully claim which one is the worst, but i can truthfully claim that there are many evil ones out there.

The most evil corporation in the world would have to be the tobacco indstury they still sell cigarates even thou they know they are bad for people and they are still putting in all that stuff in there not caring about others health,Another will have to be the oil company's they are burning in a whole in my bank account with the price for gas now of these days gas is $4 dollars back then when it was $1 we was saying it was expensive now i wish it was back to that price.

*deleted phrase here* Just because you don't like a company's product doesn't make it evil. It has to actually do EVIL things for it to be EVIL. Ever think that microsoft makes a lot of money because their products are insanely popular? No? Well, get out.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Flaming is against the rules. Verbal warning.

Redmond, WA - Microsoft purchased evil from Satan for $2.7 billion after many months of tough negotiations. "We've been after Satan for some time," said CEO Steve Ballmer. "Negotiations were tough, but I think both Microsoft and the Prince of Darkness are happy with this deal." Microsoft already controls 15% of the evil market, and with this purchase that number nears 100%. The Department of Justice voiced concerns over one corporation controlling so much evil, and launched investigations. "We feel that there are real opportunities with evil, and that when evil is integrated into our next generation of Windows products consumers will appreciate evil on their desktop," said Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates. "Businesses haven't been able to fully realize their evil potential. With evil integrated into Office XP, corporations big and small will begin to see enhanced evil productivity." "Evil is a real growing market," market strategist Frank Dresgan of Merrill Lynch explained. "Microsoft is a little late in the game, but even when they enter a market late they still tend to dominate. I think we'll see the same results with evil." "I've been dealing with Microsoft for some time," Lucifer said. "I've been at this evil thing for millions of years, and wanted a way out. I considered an IPO, but then Steve-O and Billy came along and told me about their 'Evil Everywhere' plan. I just couldn't refuse." Evil was founded by Satan close to the beginning of time. It has been growing steadily ever since, although most of the growth has accelerated in the past five years with the development of the Internet. Satan plans to retire to a small island in the Bahamas and write a column for the local newspaper.

HALLIBURTON my friends. Also Monsato which led to farmer's suicides in India and DOW Chemical are the worst. Microsoft may be evil in software sense of the term but it does not kill people and destroy lives. The companies I mentioned do that very very willingly. As for pharmaceutical companies, they are emerging as frontrunners for the title with their refusal to reduce the costs of lifesaving drugs and trying to profit from them at the cost of lives of millions in third world countries. They even won't allow others to manufacture them at a cheaper cost. How sick is that?

Edited by srujanlive (see edit history)

2) They stole GUI from Apple

Not to mention Apple stole the GUI from XEROX PARC...and then started to sue every Tom, *BLEEP*, and Harry that made a GUI after them...
Every corporation is evil. The goal is simply to make money, and all corporations cut corners and try to screw their customers. Microsoft sells substandard products through Joseph McCarthy style FUD, Apple sells DRMed products, Oil companies sell knowingly destructive fossil fuels, Tobbacco companies sell a substance with no benefit to humans, they're all equally evil and manipulative.

Every corporation is evil. The goal is simply to make money,

So are you saying that capitalism is - dare I say - a necessary evil? :)
@anarchy: Now THAT's a news article worthy of mention. *applause*

Just because you don't like a company's product doesn't make it evil.

Evil is a very vaguely defined term shaped by one's prejudices and opportunity in context. Who knows? For some people, Mother Teresa might have been considered evil because she advocated helping those with less - even though they'll be suffering for all of their lives. Besides, we are talking about superlatives here. We can't ALL agree on one thing as 'evil'.
I have a three-way tie. Exxon-Mobil for leading the leeching of the economic power of nearly every first-world country and reducing the living standards of the world.
Haliburton... for supplying and giving impetus to the local superpower of the world to go destroy the livelihood and security of millions of innocent people.
And of course Monsato for reasons already mentioned above.