xisto Community
Forbez

Call Of Duty 4!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, brings the Call of Duty seris into the current times. We get a chance to play with modern weapons. This will be the first time this has happened. This game looks greeat, youtube for the trailer and you will be amazed.

The Engine

Destructible environments

"Photorealistic" next-gen graphics

High frame rates

Incredible physics

Quick load-times

Singleplayer

Ability to fly aircraft

All cut-scenes are in first-person

Multiplayer

Experience-based progression (ranks)

Unlockable player customizations

Unlockable weapon customizations

Unlockable equipment

Ability to call in air strikes

Vehicles!

This game is going to pwn, get it as soon as it comes out!

Offical Website: https://www.callofduty.com/de

I don't know, after call of duty 3 I'm a little dissapointed. I don't think I'll be getting Call of Duty 4 unless the demo is really good. That and if my computer can run it. I should have a new computer by then. So yea, I doubt i'll get it when it first comes out if it all.

I found call of duty 3 pretty good. It will be cool to see the new ideas and upgrades in action soon. It will probally be a while from now until we see any videos, but i can't wait.

All of those feature sound great! I really do look forward to COD4, but I hope they don't make the aircraft flying too "foolproof" trying to perfect that could be difficult. But if they pull that off. It'd be awesome. Everything else sounds great.

There is one HUGE development missing from all WW2 or just the Call of Duty series games.

I came up with this idea yesterday and I have already passed it past so many people who agree it would turn these games to epic proportions.

The Single Player "campaign" style missions where there are many characters, controlled by the computer and you. (Let's not pretend, there always are other players with you in almost every mission, so this is about 99% possible) What if 8-or-so of those other computer controlled characters were online co-op players. How awesome would that be? Storming the D-Day beaches with your mates or going through and capturing the campaign mode village with 7 other warriors on the other end of an internet connection...

I think this would simply MAKE any game, what do ya reckon? Maybe if anyone could add to this idea, and totally improve it, we could all get an amazing game to feature this new "Feature" sometime in the future :lol:

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

FINALLY! A Call of Duty game that is NOT set in World War II! I often criticized the Call of Duty franchise because of its' tired setting in the 1940's. I am sick and tired of fragging Nazis, even though I did not play the game actually. I like the new Call of Duty 4 because it's set in the present day area and thankfully not set in the Iraq War.I like the fictionalized storyline and I hope the weapons customizations are cool. There are over 30 weapons in the game according to an interview in GameTrailers.com. I hope it includes the M16A4 and the G36 series. And the vehicles are destructible if they're correct. I like the gameplay trailers so far. It's got the intensity of an average Call of Duty game but with a modern setting.I can't wait for the new game to arrive. Let's hope we have more information at this coming E3 convention. I hope they don't turn back the clock to WWII in future sequels, or I rather wish for a Vietnam War setting.

Heard about it, not really interested. Call of duty 3 wasnt as great as i thought, and COD4 will probably be the same. I dont think ill get it.

Well Matt... the point is call of duty 3 was not developed by the "proper" call of duty team. It was made by their lass experienced subdivision and hence it's not really a proper call of duty title. This COD4 if for development by their proper team and hence should be beastly!

COD2 was their last game, and as you all know this is probably the best game around!!! Really looking forward to a fast-paced modern shooter, cos there really aren't any good ones at all!

wow this is really a good news, i love the entire CoD series, they give exceptional realism in games sound effects and also realistic graphics.Thery are the best type of World War games. I'd love to get my hands on the demo soon. :)

I played call of duty 1 and 3 on PS2, i liked 1 more than 3. 1 had a better story 3 was just lame O_o.I hope 4 will be more like 1 and i hope they make it on PS2 soon :)

They had the trailer at E3 this past week. The plot involves the US Marines and the British SAS pitted against Russian ultranationalists and their Mideast terrorist allies. The mulitplayer perks like double taps and armor piercing bullets are interesting.I hope the COD franchise is going to be good as they claimed it is come October.

According to the forums at the COD4 official site, CharlieOscarDelta.com, here are the confirmed weapons list so far in the game:[C] M16A4 Grenadier - A full size assault rifle that fires an intermediate round equipped with an M203 grenade launcher. Can shoot through thin stone walls.[C] M4A1 - A shortened version of the M16 that fires an intermediate round. More damage than a submachine gun. Can shoot through thin stone walls.[C] M4A1 Grenadier - An M4A1 that comes equipped with an M203 grenade launcher. Can shoot through thin stone walls.[C] M4A1 Tactical (official name not known as of now) - An M4A1 that has no carry handle and instead has a red dot scope and a foregrip. Can shoot through thin stone walls.[C] AK47 - Russian assault rifle that fires an intermediate round. More damage than a submachine gun. Can shoot through thin stone walls.[C] G36C - A German assault rifle that fires the same caliber round as an M16.[C] MP5 (MP5A4) - Standard MP5 that fires a pistol round. Less damage than an assault rifle. Can shoot through very little.[C] M249 SAW - Support gun with box magazine capable of holding 100 rounds. More damage than an assault rifle. Can shoot through thick stone walls.[C] M60 - Another SAW developed in the sixties that sees little action today.[C] Micro Uzi - A smaller version of the Israeli Uzi. Less damage than an assault rifle. Can shoot through very little.[C] W1200 Shotgun (details unclear as of now of this weapon)[C] .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle - A powerful sniper rifle that fires a full size round.[C] USP .45 - A pistol that fires a .45 round. Less damage than an assault rifle. Can shoot through very little.[C] Desert Eagle - A very powerful pistol with a larger caliber than a normal pistol round.[C] RPG-7 - Everyone knows what this is.[C] Fragmentation Grenade - Standard grenade.[C] Claymore - A basic mine.[C] FIM-92 Stinger - A AA missile launcher.[C] FGM-148 Javelin - A portable Rocket Launcher device that locks onto enemy vehicles.

Here' s some new information about the new COD 4 multiplayer BETA:

From https://www.callofduty.com/de

Charlie Oscar Delta is your Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer (MP) BETA headquarters. Check it out! We've included all of the pertinent details for the sampling of MP action that you will experience in the COD4:MW Xbox 360 Public MP BETA. This is also where you will get an opportunity to join the COD4:MW MP BETA...and that opportunity will come sooner than you think.

Don't worry, we'll give you plenty of warning. Look for an update here in BETA headquarters. We'll also throw an announcement into SITREP and add a countdown clock on our homepage.

To be eligible for a token-you must be 18 years of age or older, punctual and capable of answering three trivia questions correctly. Yes, punctual. To be fair, we're doling out the tokens on a first come first serve basis. We're still finalizing plans for where the Beta will be available. Initially, in order to get underway we'll be rolling-out in the United States. As soon as we're able to confirm which other countries are good to go we'll be back to update everybody.

For now, dig into the details below. We organized all the information into two sections-Intel and FAQ. They outline everything you need to know, from how to download the BETA to what awaits you once you do. Stay tuned for more information.

To access the BETA info, go to this link: (you must be registered first with the site to access it)
https://www.callofduty.com/de

New mulitplayer video at Gametrailers.com

The new mulitplayer perk: "Guile in the Mist" features UAV Jammer, which lets the player avoid enemy radar detection, and Extreme Conditioning, which lets the player sprint for long distances.

This is perfect for infiltration missions and snipers who can sneak in enemy terrority without detection from the enemy.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/