xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DeM0nFiRe

A New And Cheap Mmo May Be Coming. Would You Play It? Read for more information.

Ok, so I got permission from my history teacher for my Final Exam to be to make a civil war game. The game is a top-down third person shooter. I am considering making it an online game after I hand it in to my teacher. I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to pay 2$/month to play a top-down civil war shooter.

Ok, so I got permission from my history teacher for my Final Exam to be to make a civil war game. The game is a top-down third person shooter. I am considering making it an online game after I hand it in to my teacher. I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to pay 2$/month to play a top-down civil war shooter.

Hehe depends on how good it is =0 but heck yea id consider it =0

Yeah, it depends on how good it is. What program would you make it with? I think it would take you a very long time to make a good the quality where someone would pay money to play it. Personally, I wouldn't pay money to play any online games. But there are many people willing to do so.

Honestly, if it's a vaguely decent game I'd be happy to pay to play, provided I can be a tester and tell you anything that I find dodgy!!!!!!!That seems to be my interest... We'll see the quality of the game: I'm looking forward to it!

Honestly, if it's a vaguely decent game I'd be happy to pay to play, provided I can be a tester and tell you anything that I find dodgy!!!!!!!That seems to be my interest... We'll see the quality of the game: I'm looking forward to it!

Oh, everyone can be a tester. If I get the game running properly, I'll have a couple months or so of open beta so people can help me work out bugs and decide if they want to pay to play.

when it would be done then?? i am having experience with RPG maker with all the versions, but dont ask me how to script :lol: i am good at making story's

I'm really not sure when it'd be done. If there's not enough interest, then I wont even bother. the reason why I have to at least make a single player demo, is for my history class. I may post that demo later. The demo will noly have the three days of the battle of gettysburg and the information about the war.

Edited by DeM0nFiRe (see edit history)

I think you idea has potential. people love the battle field games i dont see why a civil war game wouldn't be successful. I know there are a few civil war games out there but i dont know of any that are first person. you may want to look at them for ideas or look for things they messed up that you can improve.and yes i would pay to play it if i had some money or a job.

I probably wouldn't pay 2 dollars a month for a game especially when just starting, but perhaps if you made the game-play free, but made a special members place that members could get, or even better limit the amount of time free accounts can play per month. Thats just my two cents. I can see from some of the previous replies many would pay outright. I wish you luck with this game!

Well, I would plan on having everyone get to have around 30 days free trial, then they have the option to keep playing for $2 a month. As it stands now, I'm not entirely sure I'll get the chance to swing back to this project. I have so many other projects right now, this one really seems not so good compared to the others now. I have to finish my Pokemon Starter Kit, I have to finish the website for my Game Development COmpany, I have to fix a Ruby script, then I have toi wrok on game projects with my company.I'll probably put polls around a few forums, including this one, to see if I should continue making it, because as it stands now, It may tirn out to be a pretty expensive project to complete.

I would recommend just having people purchase the game and then be able to play it online after you buy it. Or I'd recommend a demo version or a trial where you can try it out and if you don't like it, just stop playing it, no cost charged. Or maybe a money back first month trial. People really like to try a game before they start to play it and see whether it'd be worth paying for it to have it monthly. As for whether I'd play it, maybe. If it's realistic, has good graphics, and is online then it'd interest me some. Hopefully you plan to have multiple gaming servers to play on it. It also depends on how much you are able to do in the game. Is it just shooting? or is it more complex with medics to heal people and others who set up traps or anything.

Well, originally this was going to be an action game, so it would be just shooting, and each level only takes about five minutes. But, making a more complicated version may indeed be grounds to pick this project back up again. Including medics and such like in the battlefield series would indeed make the game more interesting, so we'll see what happens.

Well, originally this was going to be an action game, so it would be just shooting, and each level only takes about five minutes. But, making a more complicated version may indeed be grounds to pick this project back up again. Including medics and such like in the battlefield series would indeed make the game more interesting, so we'll see what happens.

OK, so maybe start with a basic version to get a user database going and maybe upgrade it as you go along. At first make it free but make sure people know that you plan to put a cost on it in the future after all the beta testing is done. Then you can continue to upgrade as you go with new versions. So are you going to be playing against the computer or other players? And I'm guessing there are teams. Because levels mean really that it is getting harder as you go but if you are playing against players it could range. Of course you could be talking about levels as in, different terrains and objectives.