xisto Community
rvalkass

Logitech Nulooq Does anyone have one of these?

I have been looking at the Logitech NuLooq recently. Its a neat little device thats supposed to make all sorts of applications easier to use, and can be configured to work with virtually any application you like. Logitech provide some more information on their US site. Now, I do quite a bit of graphics editing, a bit of sound and video editing, web design and all sorts of stuff. So, what I'm wondering is: Is it worth getting one? Does anyone here at the Trap own one, and have they found it useful, or too much of a 'learning curve' to get used to and use?

Also, does anyone know where I can actually buy one (if they're any good)? I am in the UK, and Logitech's UK site doesn't feature the product anywhere - it seems they never launched it over here. I've had a look at other retailers and the only one I could find selling it was Amazon - although it is actually cheaper to buy it from Amazon US and have it shipped over here, than buy it from Amazon UK! They occasionally pop up on eBay, but normally with ridiculous postal charges (even by eBay's standards).

I'd be very grateful if anyone can help me out.

Those do look pretty cool. Not a bad idea, price seems a little steep, but its pretty much the only thing out there than can do that for you. So you get what you pay for. As for your shipping delemia, I'd stick with somewhere like Amazon or I found it on Newegg here: http://www.newegg.com/Common/MessagePage.aspx?MsgCode=-1&ID=52 for 60 bucks.

Not sure about the shipping, but they're out there. Do a Froogle seach for it, finds all kinds of stores.

The whole point is to provide access to functions you use quite frequently, without having to use keyboard shortcuts or going through loads of menus and options. It can be configured to work with any application you like, and to do what you want. The main purpose is to reduce the manout of time you spend browsing through menus and options, and just make life easier.Froogle threw up one site that can sell me it in the UK, for around ?50 ($99). Unfortunately NewEgg don't ship to the UK, so I'm stuck ordering only from shops in the UK at the moment.