xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demonatashadow

Death Note The movie

Has anyone seen the Death Note movie?? Well if you're a Death Note fan (like me) then you might know about this. The popular manga/anime known as Death Note has become a movie with real actors and everything. Right now its only out in the asian region. But there is talk of it coming out in America. If you've seen the cover then I hope you know that the Manga L (Ryuzaki) looks nothing like the one in the movie. It think they messed up the one in the movie, I know they can't look exactly alike since this is a real movie and all but Raito (light) does look kind of like Raito in the movie but L just looks like a dude sucking his thumb, nothing crazy or out of it about him, which was my favorite part. So has anyone seen it or heard of it. Oh and I heard the Misa-Misa's hair is black in the movie but it's really yellow in the anime.

Yeah, I heard about this movie. I didn't think the actor portraying L was that bad off of L. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know whether it is a movie portraying the actual story, or is it just based on the characters and universe, much like the Spider-man or X-Men movies?

well you really can't expect everything to be taken from the manga/anime. the actor who played L did a great job, the one who played Light/Raito didn't. the movie staff did wrong when they casted that guy to play the death note handler. i've seen part of the movie, but i didn't watch the full length because the translation was bad. part of the story has been edited so don't expect a full copy of the anime/manga on the movie.

i watch Death Note anime but i dont want to watch the movie since it will be a spoiler for the series and besides the animer version is much more intense and the arrangement is great from 1 episode to another....would you support Kira?

i watch Death Note anime but i dont want to watch the movie since it will be a spoiler for the series and besides the animer version is much more intense and the arrangement is great from 1 episode to another....

Yah, I've watched a couple of episodes and it does seem like the anime version is okay. I've finished the manga already (thanks, master_bacarra! :() so no danger of spoilers there. Unless... *shudders* unless they decide to do a filler arc XD

would you support Kira?

No. Kira is such a loser who does not anticipate the consequences of his actions. He is solely responsible for his de... downfall. I believe I can do much better :)

Whatever. I'm more of an L fan so those who have read the manga probably know why I hate Kira :)

L lives on!

I saw both of the live action movies, and I thought the L was great.

... BUT THERE WAS NO MELLO OR NEAR IN EITHER TWO MOVIES, ARRGG. Dx

That alone upset me muchly. D:

But ignoring that...

The movies themselves were great, dispite the fact that it was waaaaay off from the actual story in the manga/anime. That was the only thing I didn't like about the movies. Especially in the second one. >_>

But neither movies spoil anything... both have similar aspects of plot of those in the original manga, but since both run on their own stories, not much is spoiled.

... But... Mogiwhattheheck. Dx

Yeah, I heard about this movie. I didn't think the actor portraying L was that bad off of L. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know whether it is a movie portraying the actual story, or is it just based on the characters and universe, much like the Spider-man or X-Men movies?

Actually yes I do happen to know. The movie is partraying the story but it begins one year after(ex: when Light first gets the death note, then one year after we are at the story line). I haven't actually seen the movie but I have friends (who live in Japan) that have seen the movie. They said it did differ from the anime/manga. I already finished the series by reading the manga and (warning, huge spoiler if your not there yet) in the Manga/anime Misa is supposed to commit suicide because she thinks that Light died, but in the movie she does not. And I wasn't saying that the one playing L was a bad actor, but his face wasn't all, coocoo, like L's should be.

I vote Kira, and if you voted for L and don't know what happens, then haha for you, L dies and Light takes Ryuzaki's (L) place as L, so Kira wins, but then Near comes along which really sucks.

If they decide to filler the anime I will be so ticked off!!!!

I've seen the movie. Not as good as the manga and anime version. It was just a Light - L fight. Well, it's pretty much as a movie should be. You can't give good details on movies. It took more than 30 episodes to show it on TV and around 20+ volumes on manga. We can't really expect much of the movie. To give credit to the team, Ryuuku really is the same as the manga.

I've seen the movie and watched some of the animes. I've yet to read the manga, but the movie was more different than I expected. I prefer the anime more. The movie was basically just Light vs L. Not much besides that. But the roles were played out pretty good.

In my opinion, they messed up the whole movie, not just the character L. They changed the entire plot and Light appeared less intelligent in the movie. I'm glad I didn't waste money in the theatre. I watched part 1 on Youtube, and as you can guess, I didn't watch part 2. I heard that in the end, both L and Light died together. So no Near, Mello etc. WTF? The manga is still the best. The anime is good too cos' it followed the manga closely. But i only got to watch until chapter 20.

Replying to linekillhey if you seen the real movie I have a queation. If there are real people and a movie some of my freinds say that there is also a cartoon with real actors. If so PLEASE tell me what is the name of it!-reply by Blackdragon

Reply to Death Note Question

Death Note

Replying to demonatashadow

Yup, both of the movies (there are actually 2 and another one that's a rip off about L) are on the internet and in English subs if you need it. I don't mind the L actor but he doesn't look like L. And Misa's hair is black (she's played by a Japanese woman, black hair is a given. And I like her with black hair anyway). They're good.

-reply by Kittylcat