xisto Community
SamiFX

Usb Cup Warmer! Computer will cook too :-D

and now, your cup of coffee or tea at your desk will never be cold with this USB Cup Warmer, it can be connected with any USB port on your computer

from USB007

Posted Image

Now that is really cool!Though I don't really drink anything that's hot so I don't think I'll ever make use of this but this is really cool. :)I would really like someone to make small speakers of the size of usual USB MP3 players. :) I mean, the ones on laptops are too low on quality and volume and it seems kinda funny carrying big ones everywhere. So we can just plug the USB Speaker on any laptop and listen to good quality music. :( if ear-phones can be ho high in quality with that small size, USB speakers can surely be.But I guess this has been already done! I don't know but this is such a simple idea someone might've already done this... :(

That is really cool that will come really handy in the office when you dont feel like getting up to get some coffee you can just sit at your desk at get some coffe :). I might get this for my uncle at work.

Hmmm the mechanics don't seem right on this, in order to stay warm the USB cable would have to generate 80 degree heat constantly and of course draw that power from a computer. I don't think USB circuitry can handle this, reason I say that is because a couple of times I had usb drives get super heated when plugged in., so I am trying to figure out how they bypass the constant heat on the wires and circuts and not burn out.But other then that en genius idea on trying to keep your coffee warm :).

liquid near your laptop or desktop PC is not advisable. who knows what can happen, you might even short-circuit your system. :) plus the cable increases the risk of accidental spillage of your drink, when for example you have to reach for something like some paperwork, or a ballpen, or whatever and your USB cup warmer + coffee is nearby, and you accidentally trip your arm/hands/elbow on the cable. :) hehehe? i'm just a worry-wart, so i'm just ranting the possibility of this happening. this is why i alway keep any drink on a separate table when i'm working on my computer. this will not be something i'll be using any time soon, but that's just me. :(

By my calculations (which are not very good) the USB cup warmer could heat the cup up by about 0.15 degrees C per second, 9 degrees an hour, assuming it is 100% efficient and draws all available power from the computer. Then again I might be wildly inaccurate :) I suppose its a neat little device to have - I always have a cup of tea with me when I'm at the computer and end up drinking them cold. Now all we need is a USB fridge for the summer and possibly a USB air-conditioning system...

Now that is really cool!
Though I don't really drink anything that's hot so I don't think I'll ever make use of this but this is really cool. :)

I would really like someone to make small speakers of the size of usual USB MP3 players. :) I mean, the ones on laptops are too low on quality and volume and it seems kinda funny carrying big ones everywhere. So we can just plug the USB Speaker on any laptop and listen to good quality music. :( if ear-phones can be ho high in quality with that small size, USB speakers can surely be.

But I guess this has been already done! I don't know but this is such a simple idea someone might've already done this... :)

That'd be pretty cool too...You could also plug the speakers into your MP3 player.

Although USB speakers does sound abit weird, especially when you could just use the jack plug :(

Who thinks of all these things you can do with a USB? i mean you either have to be crazy or ingenius. I wonder what the next USB accesorie will be, Probably a USB Tense machine or something strange like that.

Cup warmer is an excellent idea. Probably designed by someone like me who keeps forgetting to drink while they're surfing online. :)

Who thinks of all these things you can do with a USB? i mean you either have to be crazy or ingenius. I wonder what the next USB accesorie will be, Probably a USB Tense machine or something strange like that.

Who knows, someone already made USB Rechargeable batteries :)Link: http://www.usbcell.com/

Those do not really make a lick of sense to me...

Ooooh yes, I saw the USB Mug Warmer first at ThinkGeek, and I thought it would be the perfect birthday gift for a lot of people I know! The opposite is on the offering as well - something to keep cold drinks cold :)I am planning to by the USB Mug Warmer + USB Hub combination - it's a mug warmer that has four usb slots at the bottom - methinks it is as cool as it gets. {grin}

I would have to concur that having this cup cull of liquid would be a bit problematic especially if you got it connected to a laptop computer. I wouldn't think it's that hard to think of some crazy thing to connect a USB port to. Of course I don't think a USB could support a air conditioner since you would need huge amounts of power that a single computer doesn't have. Hmmm... maybe a USB CAR :), speaking of which it would a interest Idea to have usb in your car so as to charge your computer up while driving, of course their would have to be alot of tweaking sine you don't that usb port to melt and your computer to blow up :).

Usb can be used for almost anything, I know I have seen usb speakers somewhere, I dont quite remember the brand. There are also usb sound cards the size of a thumb, I have also seen really wacky usb keys and hubs, fans, etc. The rocket launcher rules!!

Yes there is lots of cool USB gadgets but I still say the USB Rechargeable batteries are a stretch. Especially at that price.As for USB in a car, I forget which company but they already have it where you hook up your Ipod/mp3 player without third party devices. I'm not 100% sure but I believe it is USB...

What's this crowd about the USB.. you've seen nothing about USB :)

I've told in topic description that USB will cook too .. I were not wrong!!!, This is a USB powered grill from ThinkGeek

Posted Image

and this is USB Air darts I found it here

Posted Image

USB heated slippers

Posted Image

USB massage ball

Posted Image

USB Flower pot speaker

USB heating gloves

Posted Image

The eye massager

Posted Image

It doesn't stop here :( you can find more here and here2 :)