xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joserod

What's The Truth Behind Your Jobs Which is the real situation of workers

do you know which the real feelings of people in the world working daily ?do you like your job, your boss, your colleages?Are the people really interested in their jobs, do they enjoy themselves?Do you think it's the great pending task in the future... to choose the adequate people for what they are born? do you think the real efficiency of the enterpises would improve? do you think people woud be happier?Do you think that this feeling happens frecuently in developed countries?post-43109-1179164562_thumb.jpg

In my opinion, whether a person a person likes or detests his or her job depends largely on what the person's view towards work is. For example, if a person works only to earn money, then that person will be quite happy with any high-paying job, never mind whether there is any hope for career growth or development as a person. If, however, a person prioritizes his/her purpose in life, then that person would be much more inclined to find a job that is, in general, beneficial to the society, such as medical work, education, or research and development.

Interestingly, I just remembered Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, which may be relevant to your question: Do these feelings (of discontent, I presume) happen (more) frequently in developed countries. Sorry to add so many words XD

So basically, it goes like this: A person on the verge of poverty is a lot less likely to be too keen on his job. The same person, once he earns enough to provide for himself (and his dependents, perhaps) would be looking towards "safer" jobs so military, police, prostitution, construction, plumbing and "alternative" (hitman, bodyguard, assassin, kidnapper, mercenary) work won't be quite palatable to that person.

On the third level, assuming the person is now working on a relatively safer job, he/she will begin seeking social interaction and time off to spend with his/her loved ones. Work like tailoring, factory jobs or a place in the assembly line won't be quite favorable since they are little more than living machinery. Talking is usually kept to a minimum during work hours. Even white-collar jobs that require overtime work could be enough cause for a person to feel discontent with his/her job.

The fourth level is looking for achievement, self-esteem and the respect of others. A work as a call-center agent for the rest of your life doesn't sound too appetizing here, does it? Sometimes, too, despite all the new faces you get to chat everyday, working behind the bar, or clothes rack, can get quite boring, right? Who, at this point, wouldn't want to have a bunch of minions to supervise? Who doesn't want to have people hanging onto your every word? Don't you wish you were a supervisor, consultant, advisor or mafia head?

In the last level, you're the man! err boss! Your word has the greatest weight! This does not, of course, necessarily mean you are in the highest position. However, if you are the art or graphics consultant in your company, then pretty much whatever you say goes! This is quite similar to the fourth level, right? However, at the top of the pyramid, you can now afford to be spontaneous; you can try new ideas and there'd be no secretary to tell you, "Sir, Ma'am, that is not allowed."

Now, regarding your question about developed countries, don't you think it seems people are a lot mroe likely to harbor feelings of discontent because their much baser needs are already answered? Here, in our developing country, people aren't too keen on the type of work they get, so long as it gets them money. Heck, we even have a phrase, "May pera sa basura (There is money in trash)," which does not just imply anything about recycling. More than that, people in some areas actually eat from trash cans, live in dump sites and their kids play in murky and polluted sewer waters.

So, just in case you feel bored with your job anytime, remember to count yourself lucky to have a job to be bored with. Personally, I have no inclination to live the lively and exciting life of a scavenger :)

So many questions.But I think most people in my country include me have not thought about these questions.All we want is get money to buy food, clothes. If we not work hard, the basic material to keep life going on will lose.To me, life continue commonly is my luck. No any other wishes.

Edited by faund (see edit history)

So many questions.
But I think most people in my country include me have not thought about these questions.

All we want is get money to buy food, clothes. If we not work hard, the basic material to keep life going on will lose.

To me, life continue commonly is my luck. No any other wishes.

People should always ask questions of themselves and the society they live in. That is your duty, and a safeguard against tyranny. History is replete with examples of tyrants bolstered by silence and fear embedded in the people they lead. Tyrants committing heinous acts against their fellow man. Unfortunately, greed and selfishness are very powerful human qualities. Left unchecked, they can lead to mass destruction of the environment and the human intellect. Fight tyranny with questions. Demand answers. Stick together. Be free!

The truth behind one of my past jobs is frightening. One of the worlds largest credit card issuers came to Canada and started the low interest rates on balance transfers like crazy. Starting at around 6.9% then dropping to 4.9% 3.9% all the way to 0%. This was around 1999-2000 and there was no holding back on the money either. They were paying unusually high salaries and didn't care about getting ripped off by third party contractors who were inflating costs and other suppliers who were charging regular rates on wholesale purchases! All these things did not seem suspicious until recently I learned that one of the head honchos of that bank has direct ties to the federal reserve and the incidents at the WTC on sep 11.Now I see why the company was sold off to another large bank as soon as the number of accounts they landed reached critical mass. It was a money grab from the beginning. They never intended to stay in Canada!