xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

Php Contact Form contact forms made easy...

Here is a simple script to make a contact form with PHP.

First off you make a simple contact form, insert the following into any page:

<form method="post" action="form.php">[/br]Name:<input name="name" type="text" id="name"><br>[br]Email:<input name="email" type="text" id="email"><br>[/br]Subject:<input name="subject" type="text" id="subject"><br>[br]Message:<textarea name="comments" id="textarea"></textarea><br>[/br]<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="SUBMIT">[br]</form>

Now make a page called 'form.php' and inser the following only! No html tags!
<?php[br][/br]//Declare the variables[br]$recipient = "YOUR@EMAIL.HERE";[/br]$message = "name: $name[br]email: $email[/br]subject: $subject[br]message: $comments";[br][/br]//Contents of form[/br]$name=$_POST['name'];[br]$email=$_POST['email'];[/br]$subject=$_POST['subject'];[br]$comments=$_POST['comments'];[br][/br]//mail() function sends the mail[/br]mail($recipient,$subject,$message);[br][/br]//This line sends to thankyou page when finished[br]header("Location: thankyou.php");[/br]?>
To finnish you just need to make a page called 'thankyou.php' to thank the person for contacting you.

I hope this will help someone out there!

Whatever it is, it's not as good as what you put down, simple, and small-sized.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats not simple about his coding? it looks very simple to me and doesnt use anything advanced... I dont think you will find anything easier unless you just download a contact script and use that instead of simply coding it yourself :D , besides PHP is fun stuff

**Edit, im sorry, its 3am here right now and i have been misreadin stuff alot in the past 2 hours, i thought u were complaing about his code :D , ne ways sorry about that.

Off to bed for me, ZZzzzzzZZzzz :D

Whats not simple about his coding? it looks very simple to me and doesnt use anything advanced... I dont think you will find anything easier unless you just download a contact script and use that instead of simply coding it yourself  :D , besides PHP is fun stuff

**Edit, im sorry, its 3am here right now and i have been misreadin stuff alot in the past 2 hours, i thought u were complaing about his code  :D , ne ways sorry about that.

Off to bed for me, ZZzzzzzZZzzz :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, now that's hillarious, and I just got back to replying to this message... i feel kinda stupid. And no I wasn't complaining (duh) and uh, it would be pointless to tell you to go to bed earlier, but you should do it newayz.

// send email to
function sendmail($from,$subject,$body)
{
$to="youremail@youremail.com";
$headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0 \r \n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 \r \n";
$headers .= "To: $to \r \n";
$headers .= "From: $sender \r \n";
$send=mail($to,$subject,$body,$headers);
if(isset($send)){ return 1; }
else { return 0;}
}

//Contents of form
$email=$_POST['email'];
$subject=$_POST['subject'];
$comments=$_POST['comments'];

//mail() function sends the mail
if(sendmail($email,$subject,$comments)==1){header("Location: thankyou.php");}
else{echo "Sorry! we got a problem with sending email, please try again later";}

This is what i have done.

I hope you love it.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Dorei

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

find out for more source code with a small and easy stuff.