xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Garage Band! Windows Version? Anyone know of a windows version of garage band?

Garage is a awesome program for music editing and making raw little loops and cool music.Unfortuantly as most of you know it is only for macs! RAWR!I don't use macs often nor do I own one!Anyone know of any freeware(or not) programs for windows?"Hi I am a PC, and I am a mac!" Mac: I have garageband!PC: *Knocks Mac out and pours water on HDDs!*PC 1 Mac 0!lolThanks

Oh we have that on our computers at school everyone messes with it. Funny sounds and jingles. We get in a lot of trouble for it.

It may not be freeware, but the programmers say it'll never be for Mac or Linux; though i could really use it for Linux... However, although it is not freeware, the demo allows you to export the songs you made, you just can't save. Anywho, the program is called FruityLoops. One of the best (although, in my opinion, it is the best) music-making programs out there! Also, you're not allowed to sell the songs you make with the program without their license.

Thanks true.I may be able to obtain it in other matters.I will check it out definatly!

Well you might try with some emulators but I don't know how good it will work because ususally such things doesn't work good aand even if they do they crash often and as you are working with sound which in fact takes a lot of the system resources then you might end in trouble using it on your system and having damaged some part of equipment even.

Replying to DamenI have been wondering the same thing for a while, Damen.The only thing I've found is called Ableton.But I guess that is for more intermediates.I don't know what kinda program you're looking after, but you chould check it out.I downloaded a freeversion for a month or so, so it isn't free.I just wanna let you know...-reply by eDnurg

sddsdddd

Garage Band! Windows Version?

FINAL FANTASY CRISIS CORE KINGDOM HEARTS 1/2/ BIRTH BY SLEEP!

-reply by KHFFVIICC FAN!

Check out Mixcraft 4 which is made by Acoustica. That's what I use instead of garage band. I've heard it's similar. The bad thing is that it's only a free 7 day trial and after that they let you buy it for $65. Still, you get a free 7 day trial so you can see if you like it or not.-reply by Mark

Mixcraft 3 is a very similar lookalike software. U can get it from:http://www.acoustica.com/products.htm link into browser. Enjoy and I hope this really helps!

-reply by Redz

Whats a program like Garageband that you can use your keyboard for making your own instrumentals?Garage Band! Windows Version?

hey, I just joined an upcoming record label and we're are trying drastically to make some beats, but I don't have a mac!  I'm looking for a program that you use your own keyboard as keys for making instrumentals...Any Ideas?

Genesis

-reply by Andy

I hate FL Studio! It's so complicated... Garage Band is so easy to use, someone needs to put it into a file type for Windows...

-reply by Damijoti