xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
robocz033

Form Generator

I am making a form generator like the one Xisto uses to make the code for website requests. well i have everything set up, i studied the code from the Xisto generator and learned from it, then i tried to make my own, but when i click the generate button, the code isnt filled out. if you would like an example please visit my website at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
the problem is that it doesnt fill in the the answers. can anyone help? i will put credits on the affilates page and on the gen pages.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

In the textarea field after submitting the form, did you place the variables that collect the POST data into the textarea in their designated places?

umm, would you mind saying what those variables are? im new to php.

Variables, anything that starts with a dollar sign ($). In the form handler page (the page after submtting the form), you need to tell the script to receive the POST values ($_POST['']). Inside the POST array key ($_POST['in here']) you place the name of the input field (<input type="text" name="name">.

Form:

<form action="form_handler.php" method="post">
<input type="text" name="username">
<input type="submit">
</form>

PHP (form_handler.php):

<?php$username = $_POST['username'];echo "[b]Desired username:[/b]".$username;?>

then it should work if i put that in?

You would require to put one in for each input element that has a name attribute with a value. My code was place there as an example to work off of, to analyze and study.